Arcadia 2024

aj6658

6 hours ago, CH0161 said:

Re: The Bug

I've only just realised it moves around ! Where is the information published for where it will be? 

pretty sure this is the vehicle the Arcadia team have had for years rather than brand new addition 

If it’s the one I think it is they drove it at the back of the parade at St Paul’s carnival in Bristol a few years back , with a few mcs and dancers performing from the back 

also I think they might have had it roaming round glasto a few years back too. I think I saw it in block 9 in the daytime once on a Thursday , altho that could be a different smaller vehicle 

21 minutes ago, internetjef said:

pretty sure this is the vehicle the Arcadia team have had for years rather than brand new addition 

If it’s the one I think it is they drove it at the back of the parade at St Paul’s carnival in Bristol a few years back , with a few mcs and dancers performing from the back 

also I think they might have had it roaming round glasto a few years back too. I think I saw it in block 9 in the daytime once on a Thursday , altho that could be a different smaller vehicle 

They had it last year. HMT Hard Cru played on it

9 hours ago, internetjef said:

It was built over 10 years ago and it’s at Glasto every year. Sometimes they’ve used it daytime in the Arcadia field. Last couple of festivals it’s been used in Shangri-la before their main systems are fired up down there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stuie said:

It was built over 10 years ago and it’s at Glasto every year. Sometimes they’ve used it daytime in the Arcadia field. Last couple of festivals it’s been used in Shangri-la before their main systems are fired up down there. 

There's usually a mini Notting Hill Carnival procession that follows behind it through the festival on the Thursday if you can catch it - I've bumped into it once before

Edited by EavisAintDead

15 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

There's usually a mini Notting Hill Carnival procession that follows behind it through the festival on the Thursday if you can catch it - I've bumped into it once before

Yeah just came to say this

Screenshot_20240523-091544.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Gutted the Spider has gone again, didn't like the last attempt to replace it.

change is good! your bio shows you've enjoyed the spider enough!

If it was the perfect stage i'd be more understanding but its always had clear flaws (sound)

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

If it was the perfect stage i'd be more understanding but its always had clear flaws (sound)

From my personal experience the change to the crane actually addressed this issue, the sound was really good 2019 then reverted back to problematic in 22 and 23  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

From my personal experience the change to the crane actually addressed this issue, the sound was really good 2019 then reverted back to problematic in 22 and 23  

yeah exactly - i meant the spider had an issue (sound) which is why change is good, even if they didnt get it right first time

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

yeah exactly - i meant the spider had an issue (sound) which is why change is good, even if they didnt get it right first time

yeah agreed, I'm really looking forward to it

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I really think this will be special they've had a few years of putting it together , hopefully expectations arent too high 

I think our expectations are at a reasonable level.  Of course, we won’t know before the festival or see anything on the webcam as the dragonfly won’t land in the field until the Wednesday morning. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I think our expectations are at a reasonable level.  Of course, we won’t know before the festival or see anything on the webcam as the dragonfly won’t land in the field until the Wednesday morning. 

they could also be quite clever and block the view of the main bit if they so wished .... similar to the levels when I saw that I was really impressed when I went on site pre festival at the scale of the whole thing ... and pretty much hidden by the trees . but yeah  it does tend to be late part of the build ... maybe a little earlier this time as they might want to test the build times 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they could also be quite clever and block the view of the main bit if they so wished .... similar to the levels when I saw that I was really impressed when I went on site pre festival at the scale of the whole thing ... and pretty much hidden by the trees . but yeah  it does tend to be late part of the build ... maybe a little earlier this time as they might want to test the build times 

If they really wanted to hide it they could just shift the webcam or… god forbid… unplug it 😂😂

Just now, stuie said:

If they really wanted to hide it they could just shift the webcam or… god forbid… unplug it 😂😂

big black sheet on a couple of poles would have the same effect ..... Glastonbury please dont pull the plug 🙂 

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I really think this will be special they've had a few years of putting it together , hopefully expectations arent too high 

I think from the view of most of the E&D thread, good bookings and basically anything is an improvement from the spider.

Barely anyone spends a whole night there, will just dip in for a set or two over the weekend - which is to be expected given how much choice there is!!

Edited by gfa

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Just hope the new area has a better feel than the crane thing did. I always found the sound alright up at the Spider, you just had to get inside a certain zone.

Excited to see the update though for sure!

52 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Eric Prydz is headlining the New Music stage at BBC Big Weekend so should on the iplayer tonight at 9pm (or catch it after)

Do we think this big weekend set will be representative of what his Arcadia set will be?