Resale team

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

Bearded Theory dude. Ace.

Tru Dat. It's a cracker and our regular festival season opener.  Other half works at the school on site.  They have an Ofsted registered school so parent's can legitimately have their kids at the festival on the Friday.

Some turmoil over the last few years as bought out by Nottingham based promoter (Rock City owners) but they seem less rapacious compared to other promoter's. This year was their first at the reigns and it was mint.

2024 is already looking like a classic line up wise.

It's no Glastonbury but let's be honest, sometimes that is no bad thing.

30 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Tru Dat. It's a cracker and our regular festival season opener.  Other half works at the school on site.  They have an Ofsted registered school so parent's can legitimately have their kids at the festival on the Friday.

Some turmoil over the last few years as bought out by Nottingham based promoter (Rock City owners) but they seem less rapacious compared to other promoter's. This year was their first at the reigns and it was mint.

2024 is already looking like a classic line up wise.

It's no Glastonbury but let's be honest, sometimes that is no bad thing.

Baby Bee went there last year! Say thanks to your other half!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Superscally said:

Baby Bee went there last year! Say thanks to your other half!

That is great to hear. My missus is some sort of Mary Poppins / Shirley Bobbins white witch who's raison detre is to help others. 

Wirral LEA will miss her her next year when she retires.

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread - does anyone know what the situation is with Campervan passes post resale? I wasn't successful yesterday, though had I been, I'd have been trying to get a campervan pass too (for the very first time). Is this now impossible?

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread - does anyone know what the situation is with Campervan passes post resale? I wasn't successful yesterday, though had I been, I'd have been trying to get a campervan pass too (for the very first time). Is this now impossible?

There’s a resale of camper passes after the resale 

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Oh wow OK, didn't realise that. I bet that's seriously slim pickings. Thanks foe the info.

There's been a reasonable number available in previous years, mainly because people can book more than one on their registration number (Usually by accident I think, if they've got helpers), and consequently decent numbers come up. It's difficult but not impossible on the resale, and there's also been mini-resales in recent years.

3 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Usually the resale of cv tickets is the same day as the Sunday resale. At least it was when I was involved in resale. Sale was 9 and cv/wv was at Midday. If you are in a group worth making sure you have what you want ready.

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Usually the resale of cv tickets is the same day as the Sunday resale. At least it was when I was involved in resale. Sale was 9 and cv/wv was at Midday. If you are in a group worth making sure you have what you want ready.

Yeh all in groups. We need 2-3 campervan passes I think.

My bigger headache right now will be converting our remaining 5 groups of 6, into groups of 4 for the resale 😞

I'm curious about how the larger groups work.  I've now tried for tickets twice. First time was in 19. Organized a small team (4 of the 6 in our buying group). Each of us fairly tech savvy, using 2-3 devices and was successful landing coach tickets. Got in in the first 3 mins with no issues on the purchase....basically, heavy dose of luck.

Skipped last year and tried the same approach this year with all of us stuck on the holding page for both the coach and GA sales. No one got close to the actual booking pages.

I would be willing to work in a larger group, including helping others in the group get their tickets, but also wonder how you handle the financials. Assuming that a purchase is required (and I do understand that last year's resale process did not require this), is everyone in the group sharing cred/debit card info?

47 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Ah, I was about to ask this.  So, if you get 24 hours to pay for resale tickets, does that mean you can try to buy an entry ticket, and then if not allowed to buy a camper van ticket, you can just let your entry ticket lapse?

1 hour ago, Mash2 said:

I'm curious about how the larger groups work.  I've now tried for tickets twice. First time was in 19. Organized a small team (4 of the 6 in our buying group). Each of us fairly tech savvy, using 2-3 devices and was successful landing coach tickets. Got in in the first 3 mins with no issues on the purchase....basically, heavy dose of luck.

Skipped last year and tried the same approach this year with all of us stuck on the holding page for both the coach and GA sales. No one got close to the actual booking pages.

I would be willing to work in a larger group, including helping others in the group get their tickets, but also wonder how you handle the financials. Assuming that a purchase is required (and I do understand that last year's resale process did not require this), is everyone in the group sharing cred/debit card info?

The short version is that large groups need to be several groups of 6 working as you described. Then once a group of 6 has tickets, instead of celebrating and f**king off to the pub, they immediately switch efforts to trying to sort out one of the remaining groups of 6. Repeat until everyone is trying for the last group of 6 and they get sorted.

Yes - you need to trust people with the financials and so it doesn't work as well with just any old random off the Internet. General rule of thumb (in my experience anyway) is whoever gets through pays on their own card, and gets sorted out after. Though not everyone will be in a position to do so in which case you'd need to agree how it works case by case.

*or Groups of 2 or 4 in the resale, same principle.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Has a group been set up for resale yet? We're down to 3 or 4 of us now, but happy to help others if we can join a group. Take it the financial aspect of helping each other out is easier for resale providing they do the same method as last year, email sent to lead booker and they pay within 24 hours? 🤞

3 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Has a group been set up for resale yet? We're down to 3 or 4 of us now, but happy to help others if we can join a group. Take it the financial aspect of helping each other out is easier for resale providing they do the same method as last year, email sent to lead booker and they pay within 24 hours? 🤞

Think it’ll likely go back to pay full amount on purchase tbh 

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I’m a resaler. No confidence at all as I’m likely going solo and don’t have the backing of a group so my odds are slim but… 

I’d hope there might be a 3 on here willing to join you . The only downside with the resale is the tickets get sent to 1 person in the group so there does need to be trust over payment and the ticket being sent on / meeting up to collect it . Never seen any issues in the past however 

There's another thread floating around somewhere and a guy called Matt is coordinating a spreadsheet...I'll see if I can find it...Do we have a resale date yet? My shifts are already decreed for work, I do a lot of Sundays 😬