404 members have voted

1. 1. How many of your groups got the golden tickets

• 100%
    • 50%-99%
    • 25%-49%
    • 1%-24%
    • 0%

58 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Why 4? Why not 3 or 5 or any arbitrary number?

57 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

4 in a car, 2 pairs. I dunno. 

49 minutes ago, clasher said:

Or, you know, 5 in a slightly bigger car, or parents with three kids, or... Just arbitrary numbers.

So basically everyone wants the number that they need? Including the original solo guy 😂😂

24/25, only a late addition in his own group missed out.

Regarding the group fairness thing, I’ve been in everything from 10 to 40 but they were actual friends. When I hear about groups bigger than that I think it’s essentially a tactical syndicate.

to me the first scenario is fine, after all you can’t punish people for having mates, but a syndicate isn’t. A lot of those people won’t even hang out together at the festival. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk1983 said:

24/25, only a late addition in his own group missed out.

Regarding the group fairness thing, I’ve been in everything from 10 to 40 but they were actual friends. When I hear about groups bigger than that I think it’s essentially a tactical syndicate.

to me the first scenario is fine, after all you can’t punish people for having mates, but a syndicate isn’t. A lot of those people won’t even hang out together at the festival. 

Understand that but initially our group got together on here and only knew names but now it’s a great group of amazing mates so the line is quite hard to draw as there might be a few I don’t know quite as well but that’s life 

3 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

12 out of 18 (2/3 groups).  It’s luck and perseverance and being a bit organised. Only 2 people got to booking page. 1 failed because of reg/post code issues (our fault) and 1 successfully twice……

I can't tell you how pissed off I would be if I missed out cos someone else in my group mistyped their reg or post code 

No tickets here. Just two of us on a few devices, some constant refreshing, one just ticking over.

I kind of leave it to ticket fate if we go or not so I'm not too upset, but seeing the chat about bots and large groups getting multiple chances, it does nark a little bit.

I could get behind a lottery idea I think? Tickets done in pairs as a maximum? The festival has done so much good work on stopping resale touts so it seems a shame if they let these new developments run too far.

We were just one group of 6 with two extra helpers. Few devices each trying various tips we'd learnt on here and none of us got past the holding page. Took 48 hours to process it but I feel ok now 😂 will try in the resale and if no luck we've said we'll do a different festival, maybe somewhere a bit more local to us. 

On 11/19/2023 at 8:54 PM, broken monkey said:

11/12 of our local groups. One persons code was rejected as not being valid, no idea how that happened but hopefully can be sorted during the resale.

I had this when I got through, I copied and pasted from excel and one post code was incorrect - I entered it again manually and it then worked. It was the very same postcode but form some reason by copying it, it didn't like that specific one.

No luck with my immediate group, 0/9. However we were part of a larger group (from this site) which had over 50% success.

That larger group is full of lovely people who have said they will offer help for those of us trying in the resales, which offers some hope for the spring! 

I’ve had some real luck over the years with tickets, including earlier this year when we got in by the skin of our teeth in the dying seconds of the resale. So what will be, will be. I have a Green Man ticket and will be taking my kids, but was banking on the big G for my ‘kid-free’ festival next year. If I don’t make it then I may return to Bearded Theory - cracking festival and a great looking line up.

All of our group that wanted to go by Coach got tickets, no-one got off the holding page on Sunday.

So we need 4 tickets in resale. 

A pool of 10 people spread over 7 households (mainly VirginMedia BB) and probably 25 devices for a 60% success rate.

Four of us work in IT so apart from using backdoors our setups were probably as good as you could get 

100M, 500Mb & 1G VM - nothing, BT 1G - Nothing, Laptop tethered to 5G phone - bingo!

Edited by Penrhos