Glastonbury Tickets

Cooperman83

Hello all, a friend of mine didn't understand what was required and failed to check his registration, which in-turn had been deleted!!

In our group we have a 'spare' registration as my son is no longer coming.

Has anyone got any experience of using someone else's ticket?  Good or bad are welcome, we just need to know where my mate stands if we get tickets and he uses my son's.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Cooperman83 said:

What if he took all forms of ID and explained the situation and provided his previous registration details?

I can't see that making even the slightest bit of difference.

His best option is to re-register when it opens, and try using that in April.

The truth is - there's a chance he gets in, if the person checking the tickets doesn't give a sh*t. But there's a very high chance he doesn't - rejections do happen often. I've had people directly in front of me in the queue rejected on at least a couple occasions including this year.

A story like that to be blunt about it will only serve to confirm that he knew it wasn't his registration and therefore ticket.

2 hours ago, Cooperman83 said:

Hello all, a friend of mine didn't understand what was required and failed to check his registration, which in-turn had been deleted!!

Has anyone got any experience of using someone else's ticket?  Good or bad are welcome, we just need to know where my mate stands if we get tickets and he uses my son's.

Cheers

It won't work, the best you can do is tell your mate to re-register and try in the resales in april.

2 hours ago, Cooperman83 said:

Cheers

Does he bear any resemblance to your son

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There's a chance but be aware he could easily (and most probably) be turned away.

Some people have got in on others tickets though.

I don't know how that happened (the change above) . However, I can confirm that two people were given my tickets and got in. However, that was a fair few moons ago now. Security might be impenetrable now. 

21 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

If they look similar should be fine

This isn't the best place to ask a question about going against any rules because of all the pearl clutchers on this website

I'd never heard of 'pearl clutchers' before, so had to look it up. Thank you for the education. 

I'm of the opinion that there's a fair few on this site that doesn't want the site to be 'battered' because of external pressures, if everybody just said 'yes, crack on and get in'. It could, by others, be read as inciting breaking the rules etc etc.

The above said, I am of the opinion that people should get in if they show that much fortitude in the face of adversity*

* Except toe rags, thieves etc

24 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Taking me back to last year and being let down almost literally last minute by bloody lamers.

Came good in the end though (thanks @Dave_cagain).

What is your definition of a 'lamer'?  

I ask out of genuine interest, as the word 'lamer', technically, can mean differing things. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What is your definition of a 'lamer'?  

I ask out of genuine interest, as the word 'lamer', technically, can mean differing things. 

I questioned my use of the word almost immediately after posting.

Doesn't The Bible mention "The Lame" a lot? In a, "feel sorry for the lame", type of way?

Limpers?

Pretty sure I used the phrase to a colleague within the last fortnight, who'd knackered his knee yet again doing stuff he was told not to do.

He took it in the spirit it was meant. As did the bloody supposed ticket buying group lamers who let me down last minute this time last year.

Like most of the phrases I commonly use I'm sure I've nicked it from somewhere else. Not sure if I've ever had an original thought in my life.

_______

So. Given the above context:

People who can't keep up.

• Upvote 1