Chad888

I'm gonna change mine to

MSE: Central Cee
MSW: Tyler, The Creator

MSE: Dua Lipa
MSW: Bring Me The Horizon

MSE: Muse
MSW: Courteeners

I know people said BMTH would be MSE now (and they might be), but I'm not really sure what they've done since 2022 for their stock to have risen that much. They've got a good relationship with the festival, Lana is doing MSW this year and QOTSA are doing Download this year so now there's precedent of their headliners being booked for MSW.

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm gonna change mine to

MSE: Central Cee
MSW: Tyler, The Creator

MSE: Dua Lipa
MSW: Bring Me The Horizon

MSE: Muse
MSW: Courteeners

I know people said BMTH would be MSE now (and they might be), but I'm not really sure what they've done since 2022 for their stock to have risen that much. They've got a good relationship with the festival, Lana is doing MSW this year and QOTSA are doing Download this year so now there's precedent of their headliners being booked for MSW.

BMTH have headlined Download, will have done another arena tour and released a new record by then. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH have headlined Download, will have done another arena tour and released a new record by then. 

Like I said, QOTSA are playing Download next year and were booked for MSW in 2021 so there's precedent.

Is their upcoming tour any bigger than those they've done previously?

MSE: Dua Lipa (Fri R), Muse (Sat R), Olivia Rodrigo (Sun R)

MSW: Dave (Fri R), Paramore (Sat R), Queens of the Stone Age (Sun R)

This will unquestionably be wrong on all counts tbf - I absolutely did not see Gerry Cinnamon, LDR or Catfish coming, and I suspect that MSW trio might be too expensive. But f**k it why not moonshot it.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:19 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Like I said, QOTSA are playing Download next year and were booked for MSW in 2021 so there's precedent.

Is their upcoming tour any bigger than those they've done previously?

Bmth are doing 2 nights at the O2 while qotsa only did one. It is bmth's biggest tour. 

On 11/24/2023 at 8:15 PM, Andre91 said:

We've been saying for about 5 years on here "BMTH are definitely big enough to headline THIS year". 

Its a lot easier for an artist to sell arena tour tickets to 10,000 fans in a city of 1,000,000 people when it costs about £30-40.

BMTH got MSW after going the commercial, saleable route, including pop stars in their tracks, still being unable to break into charting territory, despite heavy radio play.

Download is a vastly different kettle of fish to R&L too, it is dedicated to Rock music. R&L is now a modern V-fest, dedicated to the commercial charting pop music. The R&L that people think it could be is gone.

I think BMTH will very much struggle to get higher than MSW, heck even Catfish and Yungblud are more commercially accepted than they are, and will probably headline first.

30 minutes ago, foolee said:

I feel like Foos, Dua and OR would be way too big. Reckon Foos will still be touring next summer? 

Is it that much bigger than Blink, Fred and Liam?

Remember that only one of this years MSW have ever played their own outdoor show in England. LDR has but neither Gerry nor Catfish have on a big scale.

Nor have Dua Lipa or ORod, whether they could is a different thing. Blink and Liam 'could' if they wanted to.

I think Foos will end their tour on Reading, they only really started late 23 so finishing late 25 would make it a 2 year tour.

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

We've been saying for about 5 years on here "BMTH are definitely big enough to headline THIS year". 

Its a lot easier for an artist to sell arena tour tickets to 10,000 fans in a city of 1,000,000 people when it costs about £30-40.

BMTH got MSW after going the commercial, saleable route, including pop stars in their tracks, still being unable to break into charting territory, despite heavy radio play.

Download is a vastly different kettle of fish to R&L too, it is dedicated to Rock music. R&L is now a modern V-fest, dedicated to the commercial charting pop music. The R&L that people think it could be is gone.

I think BMTH will very much struggle to get higher than MSW, heck even Catfish and Yungblud are more commercially accepted than they are, and will probably headline first.

my bmth ticket was £60 before dynamic pricing went mental for the o2.

here is all that is left for the o2. second night only as first night is fully sold out.

.61 seats at - £243.10

2 seats at £236.25

1 (resale) seat at £80.44

those are ticket sales catfish and yungblud could not match. They've got to be in a strong position in any year they're struggling.

• Like 2

BMTH are possibly bringing their NEX_FEST to APE or elsewhere, sold out an arena tour with resale tickets going for double in some cases, headlined the biggest rock/metal festival in the UK, and will have their latest album out by the time 2024 fest comes around, likely at number 1. They will 100% be a MSE headliner next time they play. 

• Like 1

Thought of a few names that might be about

MSE: Central Cee, Playboi Carti, Turnstile
MSW: Bring Me The Horizon, Peggy Gou, Caroline Polachek

MSE: Dua Lipa, Jack Harlow, Dominic Fike
MSW: Noah Kahan, Phoebe Bridgers, The Last Dinner Party

MSE: Muse, Courteeners, Blossoms
MSW: Yungblud, Beabadoobee, Laufey

On 11/25/2023 at 11:39 AM, charlierc said:

MSW: Dave (Fri R), Paramore (Sat R), Queens of the Stone Age (Sun R)

Revised version:

MSW: Yungblud (Fri R), Paramore (Sat R), Kasabian (Sun R)

But then this'll be wrong as well so...

Edited by charlierc