2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

21 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I think Hozier has a chance at headlining next year, would be a good booking too. 

Hozier would be an absolute joke

like getting george ezra to do it. Just seen he's had a new song hit no.1 but otherwise theres been nothing for 10 years of note

Hardly going to sell tickets to the gcse/uni crowd nor will it sell tickets to rock fans

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Hozier would be an absolute joke

like getting george ezra to do it. Just seen he's had a new song hit no.1 but otherwise theres been nothing for 10 years of note

Hardly going to sell tickets to the gcse/uni crowd nor will it sell tickets to rock fans

He's got a big ol' fanbase. Even though he's not had a proper "hit" for a while, he's racked up some pretty massive streaming numbers in the last couple of years. I think it all happened during lockdown.

I'm not sure he would headline tbh, but I think it's a definite possibility. 

Edited by WhoOdyssey

29 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

He's got a big ol' fanbase. Even though he's not had a proper "hit" for a while, he's racked up some pretty massive streaming numbers in the last couple of years. I think it all happened during lockdown.

I really don't think his fanbase attend R&L - would get absolutely clowned upon in the comments etc.

Far more likely to do an APE day or play say IOW / Latitude I think. He has no precedent for playing fests like R&L (except in ireland)

38 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Can see him doing a couple of big o2 shows or similar, as per GFA though, I don’t think his audience are festival going types, those who’d got to R&L anyway.

IOW perhaps?

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Can see him doing a couple of big o2 shows or similar, as per GFA though, I don’t think his audience are festival going types, those who’d got to R&L anyway.

IOW perhaps?

That could be more of a shout. Maybe also Latitude?

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

That could be more of a shout. Maybe also Latitude?

Yop, more Guradianny Lattitudey than Chavvy IOWy really

Trying to channel the Chad888 vibes to generate some engagement 😆

Edited by Benj
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Yop, more Guradianny Lattitudey than Chavvy IOWy really

Trying to channel the Chad888 vibes to generate some engagement 😆

Guessing you've not been to IOW lol. very similar audiences despite the quite different booking policies

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Guessing you've not been to IOW lol. very similar audiences despite the quite different booking policies

Yes it worked.  Nothing like tired generalisations to boost internet engagement

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yes it worked.  Nothing like tired generalisations to boost internet engagement

its not that quiet here at the moment! not quiet enough for pure bait at least

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/linkin-park-reunion-tour-new-vocalist-considered-2025-1235670184/

Talk of a Linkin Park tour next year, this was mentioned on the download forum but its possible reading cud be a possibility

If LP are doing a UK festival it will be Download. They played R+L once, but have headlined DL what 4 times and it is the only place they ever played Hybrid Theory in full - front to back.

Just like R+L has the connection with Foos and Green Day, it is Download who have the connection with LP.

No chance some sort of weird, reformed LP play R&L. They’ll be at Download if anything. Three members plus some other singer isn’t Linkin Park though, is it? I’m sure it’ll be cool for some people to go along and see those songs but it shouldn’t be headlining festivals. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RedJosh said:

If LP are doing a UK festival it will be Download. They played R+L once, but have headlined DL what 4 times and it is the only place they ever played Hybrid Theory in full - front to back.

Just like R+L has the connection with Foos and Green Day, it is Download who have the connection with LP.

Yup indeed. I know this may sound odd but with a different vocalist would they immediately get a headline spot or be asked to accept a sub.

For for the record, I don't want them with any other singer.

I wouldnt be against LP reforming with a new vocalist but if its only 3 of them it does scream that its a bit of a cash grab. I was initially excited but not half arsed.

Next year I can see a Sabrina Carpenter being quite high up.

Dua Lipa is an obvious booking to headline. 

16 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yup indeed. I know this may sound odd but with a different vocalist would they immediately get a headline spot or be asked to accept a sub.

For for the record, I don't want them with any other singer.

They'd be a headline slot, without doubt. They are / were huge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wghennessy said:

I wouldnt be against LP reforming with a new vocalist but if its only 3 of them it does scream that its a bit of a cash grab. I was initially excited but not half arsed.

Next year I can see a Sabrina Carpenter being quite high up.

Dua Lipa is an obvious booking to headline. 

They'd be a headline slot, without doubt. They are / were huge.

Fair

Iron Maiden, Linkin Park and System of a Down would go some way to be returning to Download.

Yeah I'd said a while back that Dua Lipa I reckon would be a nailed on name.