15 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

True could move some things about:

Paramore x AJ Tracey

Eminem x Kasabian

Stormzy x Lorde

This is considerably smaller than this year's i think

I don't think Lorde is up for MSW tbh

On 11/20/2023 at 10:42 AM, Andre91 said:

BMTH won’t ever headline Glasto. There’s no precedent for bands like them doing it. 

What qualifies as a "bands like them"? And how far back are you going?

Glasto have had Metallica, Guns 'n' Roses, Skunk Anansie, really thought Garbage did it as well back in the 90's but apparently not. 

You could even argue that when Muse got their first nod it was a bit of a surprise choice as they weren't mainstream darlings then and instead toured their arse off to get the slot much like BMTH are doing now and releasing things/tours that are garnering mainstream attention because of the numbers.

23 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

What qualifies as a "bands like them"? And how far back are you going?

Glasto have had Metallica, Guns 'n' Roses, Skunk Anansie, really thought Garbage did it as well back in the 90's but apparently not. 

You could even argue that when Muse got their first nod it was a bit of a surprise choice as they weren't mainstream darlings then and instead toured their arse off to get the slot much like BMTH are doing now and releasing things/tours that are garnering mainstream attention because of the numbers.

I don’t think they’re comparable to any of those bands you’ve mentioned. They are inherently heavier than all of them (yes, Metallica included). Screamed vocals are an instant turn off for the vast majority of people and despite BMTH diversifying over the years, the vast majority of their set is still comprised of screamer vocals. I know that’s dumbing the argument down a lot but they’re not comparable to those mentioned. 

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think they’re comparable to any of those bands you’ve mentioned. They are inherently heavier than all of them (yes, Metallica included). Screamed vocals are an instant turn off for the vast majority of people and despite BMTH diversifying over the years, the vast majority of their set is still comprised of screamer vocals. I know that’s dumbing the argument down a lot but they’re not comparable to those mentioned. 

Fair do’s, wondered what the criteria was and can see your argument now.

If they ever attempt their own stadium show though off the back of strong arena sales I think I serious question will be posed, especially if it’s a dry year for headliner picks.

Thinking about it I could argue that back in the day Muse’s style was considered quite leftfield for the mainstream and viewed as space/prog rock and not suitable for a mainstream festival headline slot.
It would really be an argument over semantics but indie kids (which was what the festival was at that point) definitely viewed them with suspicion. The fact they were alongside McCartney and Oasis people couldn’t understand the booking at all.

36 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Fair do’s, wondered what the criteria was and can see your argument now.

If they ever attempt their own stadium show though off the back of strong arena sales I think I serious question will be posed, especially if it’s a dry year for headliner picks.

There will never be a year where Glastonbury is so bereft of headliners that they consider BMTH. Metallica are the biggest metal band on the planet and even they had a lot of people furrowing their brows and moaning, but BMTH aren’t even close to being on the same level. They’re rumoured to be there this year and at best they’ll be headlining the second stage and that will be as far up the lineup as they ever realistically go outside of them completely changing up their sound and going all-out pop at some point. 

But hey, for a band like them who started off as a deathcore band, headlining the second stage at Glastonbury (or even playing that stage altogether like they have the last two times) is pretty damn good going.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

There will never be a year where Glastonbury is so bereft of headliners that they consider BMTH. Metallica are the biggest metal band on the planet and even they had a lot of people furrowing their brows and moaning, but BMTH aren’t even close to being on the same level. They’re rumoured to be there this year and at best they’ll be headlining the second stage and that will be as far up the lineup as they ever realistically go outside of them completely changing up their sound and going all-out pop at some point. 

But hey, for a band like them who started off as a deathcore band, headlining the second stage at Glastonbury (or even playing that stage altogether like they have the last two times) is pretty damn good going.

Puts it perfectly. 

23 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They’re playing 4 nights at the O2!? Jesus. 

I know right!? I was shocked too. Know they sold out 2 nights last year there, but didn't realise they'd grown that much. Pretty impressive I have to say, especially after headlining Wireless this year too - clearly quite a sizeable market for them.

2 hours ago, stanh said:

I know right!? I was shocked too. Know they sold out 2 nights last year there, but didn't realise they'd grown that much. Pretty impressive I have to say, especially after headlining Wireless this year too - clearly quite a sizeable market for them.

Those are MSE headliner numbers. Tbh I was really surprised they subbed MSW last year, I think they could have easily subbed MSE.