Who’s Going to Glastonbury 2024?

Justcalledtosay

Managed to get all 12 of our group from all the way in Thailand. Not sure what number it is but been lucky enough to every been to every one since 2000.

Long time lurker and used to comment a very long time ago (so long ago I can't find my log in) but so happy to be in again.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not surprising that people who missed out are more vocally aggrieved - while people who for lucky don't want to rub other people's noses in it.

Aye and that if you see headlines saying about buyers calling for a ballot, some of the tweets they refer haven't been swamped with likes. 

Missed out this year but was already on the fence about going. Felt like time for a break and so I'm kinda glad the ticket gods have made my mind up for me. Still a stacked summer next year with Bruce, Taylor, Gaslight Anthem and Green Man all lined up. I'm sure I'll be back one day.

Congrats to all who got tickets. Have the best f**king time x

9 minutes ago, Fla5hyboy said:

Thanks for that, lost count long time ago in the 90s. Not a bad guess though. Only one out. 

Tbh I cheated as my memory is dreadful, copied it from my dig and removed a couple in the late eighties that I did probably when you were in short trousers 😉

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

You OK and just enjoying something else for a year? 

Yes pal, all good.  Had a big summer this year with the RWC in France so need to save some pennies!  Decided it'd be far easier to just opt out rather than get a ticket and then face the prospect of having to return it in April because I don't have the readies.  If anything I'll probably end up at BDs at the end of the summer, bit cheaper and longer to save for it!

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

He is  not allowed to mention that he is opening the pyramid stage on Friday this year. 

Opening a bar this year. No Klingons.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:18 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I've seen a seventy-thirty split for success, I'd say, though loads more I know didn't bother at the news it was likely Madonna.

That's a very unpopular pick among my crowd.

Your crowd knows there are 50+ stages, right?!

Indeed. Next fallow in 2027, which is why I tend to do my headliner predictions in a loop for those few years.

Mostly because, out of Dave, Sam Fender and The 1975, only two will likely get the chance before the fallow, and I have the sneaking suspicion the other one won't be big enough when 2028 rolls around.

10 hours ago, Pinhead said:

So traditionally 2024 should have been a fallow year...

I'm 90% confident that was confirmed by Emily as the intention (possibly even in the programme) at some point before the pandemic.

I reckon after a few years to build funds back up, the next one will be 2028 to coincide with UK/Ireland hosting the Euros.