Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

58 minutes ago, Doohickey said:

I’m away for the week in the Lakes. I hoped that Ambleside Tescos Express would stock Brothers, but it doesn’t. I bought a few cans with me so I can still do the occasional entry but compared to my previous 2-4 a day this feels futile, which is ridiculous. Still roll on next week, some of the competition cans should have arrived and I can make up for it.

Your (and everybody else's) determination is admirable.

On 3/24/2024 at 10:32 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your (and everybody else's) determination is admirable.

So far my children are being remarkably understanding of the need to eat lots of dinners involving cider in the recipe. I only wish cheese and cider were happier bedfellows, as I've still got a ton of worthy pastures cheese to use! I should have shares in both companies, the amount of both I've consumed to no avail!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

So far my children are being remarkably understanding of the need to eat lots of dinners involving cider in the recipe. I only wish cheese and cider were happier bedfellows, as I've still got a ton of worthy pastures cheese to use! I should have shares in both companies, the amount of both I've consumed to no avail!

Worthy Cheddar keeps well past its date and is lovely in pasta Alfredo (bacon prawns cream and cheese). There are recipes for cider and Cheddar fondue if you want to go proper 70s retro 😋

29 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Worthy Cheddar keeps well past its date and is lovely in pasta Alfredo (bacon prawns cream and cheese). There are recipes for cider and Cheddar fondue if you want to go proper 70s retro 😋

I know! I have some in the freezer, and tonight's lasagne had a fair bit of 15/2/24 cheddar in it!
Delia has a chicken and leek pie that uses cider and cheddar, but good to have some other carb & cheese loading options!

2 hours ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Now that really is a sterling effort. There can't be that many people out their who will get their kids pissed, and clog their arteries with cheese, in their quest for Golden Glastonbury Tickets. 

In all seriousness though, it would be ace to see a few winners on here, given the grit and determination of you all.

• Like 1

competition for tickets closed at midday with the crowdfunder .... Glastonbury matched the contribution 

UPDATE: Glastonbury Festival have matched the total amount raised by this prize draw and the total amount raised is £1,279,440. This will not affect the chance of winning this Prize Draw for anyone that has entered online or via post. Winners will be notified in the next 7 days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Now that really is a sterling effort. There can't be that many people out their who will get their kids pissed, and clog their arteries with cheese, in their quest for Golden Glastonbury Tickets. 

In all seriousness though, it would be ace to see a few winners on here, given the grit and determination of you all.

Ha! Fortunately the alcohol all cooks off...if I wanted to get them pissed, the youngest would be the easiest to achieve this with, as she's tube fed, so I could just set the pump to run cider direct into her stomach. I could get through a fair amount each day if I replaced her normal fluids with cider.*
*Obviously I'm joking.** Suspect I need to make that clear, before someone gets on their high horse!
**Not least because carbonated liquids do not mix well with gastrostomy buttons and the associated medical equipment.

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

competition for tickets closed at midday with the crowdfunder .... Glastonbury matched the contribution 

UPDATE: Glastonbury Festival have matched the total amount raised by this prize draw and the total amount raised is £1,279,440. This will not affect the chance of winning this Prize Draw for anyone that has entered online or via post. Winners will be notified in the next 7 days.

Fantastic result, even more than last year 🍾

Raised over £1m without the festival contributing last year. Maybe a sign of declining popularity? Maybe a result of the cost of living? Or last year's draw being more of a novelty? I blame Car Henge.

Tried a couple of those Brothers cans last weekend. Didn't win anything, and the cider was a bit rank too. Had the pear one and the zesty one, but they were both pretty much just fizzy water.

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Tried a couple of those Brothers cans last weekend. Didn't win anything, and the cider was a bit rank too. Had the pear one and the zesty one, but they were both pretty much just fizzy water.

I just came on here to post the exact same thing, I'm not sure what was worse the tasteless cider or not winning a thing. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about having to buy more at some point in blind hope of winning tickets 😂

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MatthewTurner said:

I just came on here to post the exact same thing, I'm not sure what was worse the tasteless cider or not winning a thing. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about having to buy more at some point in blind hope of winning tickets 😂

Same. I'm quite partial to a fruity cider, but this is too sweet even for me (only tried the un-berrylievable flavour)

40 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Same. I'm quite partial to a fruity cider, but this is too sweet even for me (only tried the un-berrylievable flavour)

I’ve tried them all & that was the worst for my tastes - berry/lime is my favourite of the fruity ones

I must have done around 25 cans now during March, won absolutely nothing! Will keep trying!

1 hour ago, MatthewTurner said:

Ha I'm not even drinking it, just using it for entries. 

That Crowdfunder "great news!" email got the heart racing for a couple of seconds...

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

I can’t get on with the cider either. I’ve tried them all, they are way too sweet for my taste. I’ve been through at least 50 odd cans since the competition started. I know it’s  wasteful, but now the contents of the cans end up going down the sink whenever I enter a code. Not good but I need to keep trying for tickets, and this is the only option at the moment.

C’mon everyone. I feel like we’re feeling a downer today. Keep your eyes on the prize. We have a 4 day weekender to drink as much sh*t cider as we can, entering everything and trying our best.

Yes it’s sh*t, actually God awful we haven’t got tickets but let’s keep the momentum going! I’m staying positive that at least one of us will be lucky….keep trucking on….its hard but we all want to get to the fields so let’s have a repeat of the cheese comp and get at least one efester to Glasto! 🤞🍀

Got everything crossed for us all and hopeful at least one of us will get there ❤️🙏….on that note pass me a cider 😂🍀🤞 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillieBobs said:

C’mon everyone. I feel like we’re feeling a downer today. Keep your eyes on the prize. We have a 4 day weekender to drink as much sh*t cider as we can, entering everything and trying our best.

Yes it’s sh*t, actually God awful we haven’t got tickets but let’s keep the momentum going! I’m staying positive that at least one of us will be lucky….keep trucking on….its hard but we all want to get to the fields so let’s have a repeat of the cheese comp and get at least one efester to Glasto! 🤞🍀

Got everything crossed for us all and hopeful at least one of us will get there ❤️🙏….on that note pass me a cider 😂🍀🤞 

Yes! I'm with you. I also think the relative lack of hype around the festival means there'll be resale successes too 

17 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

That Crowdfunder "great news!" email got the heart racing for a couple of seconds...

I was intrigued by the email too and I'm lucky enough to already have a ticket