Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

On 11/28/2023 at 10:30 PM, RandomBunny said:

Aw man I've only just seen this thread - didn't realise it was the deadline today! Ah well, hopefully someone from here will win tickets! (and hopefully that person is @Avalon_Fields who will then gift me a ticket 😉) But in all seriousness, Good luck to you all x 

you have a bin picture as your profile picture - I love it 🙂

42 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

and I've had another co-op heart attack this morning!
Surely they would have contacted the winners by now? 

I'm not so sure. Glasto still haven't reactivated the mechanism to edit existing registrations or create a new one, probably because of the accommodation sale.

If you win the co-op prize you have to have a registration. You can register after winning the prize but it would seem counterintuitive to draw winners when some may not be able to register during the allotted time to collect the prize...

Terms and conditions state it could be another week before they pick winners.

44 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

and I've had another co-op heart attack this morning!
Surely they would have contacted the winners by now? 

Just looked the competition t&c's, which say:

"The Winners will be notified by Co-op via email within two (2) weeks of the end of the Promotional Period. Co-op will use the address registered on the winner's Co-op membership account to notify them."

So approximately  the 12th Dec.

What if its winners who arent registered because they werent bothered about going? Or would you think that only people that went to Glasto or people that reallywanted to go would buy the cheese? I reckon all the winners would mainly be registered. I think we are in with a good shot at it?

40 minutes ago, angelin said:

What if its winners who arent registered because they werent bothered about going? Or would you think that only people that went to Glasto or people that reallywanted to go would buy the cheese? I reckon all the winners would mainly be registered. I think we are in with a good shot at it?

I would imagine lots of people buy the cheese without knowing about the competition. I can't see it being financially viable for a product to be on the shelves if the general public aren't buying it.

2 hours ago, angelin said:

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

I would imagine lots of people buy the cheese without knowing about the competition. I can't see it being financially viable for a product to be on the shelves if the general public aren't buying it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the first 10 winners won't take all 10 pairs due to "accidental winners", so maybe slightly better odds. Not like you can stay in a hotel and its not exactly a cheap weekend or particularly easy to get to if you're not really that bothered. And you can't sell them on, which I hope is made clear when contacting the winners

Edited by efcfanwirral

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the first 10 winners won't take all 10 pairs due to "accidental winners", so maybe slightly better odds. Not like you can stay in a hotel and its not exactly a cheap weekend or particularly easy to get to if you're not really that bothered. And you can't sell them on, which I hope is made clear when contacting the winners

Sadly I think you are kidding yourself, people will absolutely sell them on especially if you get 2 so you have a free hit, sell it to someone and then tell the competition who your other person is. just like the golden chocolate tickets last year which we’re clearly being sold on.

in my experience if they say a winner will be contacted by a set date then it will be that date not before. Also think the registration thing is a bit of a non issue you will have months to register as they won’t send the tickets until May/June plus I assume they won’t be photo tickets anyway.

I think lots of people will be in this without knowing, I am lucky and have a ticket but I’ve still bought the cheese as I quite like it, co-op is my local supermarket and I’m a member so I have a chance, I dare say my mum does and I can guarantee she isn’t going to Glastonbury, it seems like a bit of a stupid way to do it at least before you had to scan the code which you would only do if you wanted to go.

anyway best of luck to you all

43 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Also think the registration thing is a bit of a non issue you will have months to register as they won’t send the tickets until May/June

Not true. You have a week to register after you're informed of winning, its in the Ts and Cs. I didn't say it for a laugh lol

The T&C's say:

"The Winners will be notified by Co-op via email within two (2) weeks of the end of the Promotional Period. Co-op will use the address registered on the winner's Co-op membership account to notify them."

If the promotion ended on the 28th Nov,  I take that to mean that the winners will have been emailed by tomorrow. OTOH I have been occasionally checking X/twitter to see if anyone has posted up a win there, but nothing so far. Very happy to be wrong, I for one, can't take another cider, cheese and chocolate diet again.