2025 Headliners

31 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift (I know I'm dreaming) + 1 more would be unreal.

OR does feel realistic though.

Gotta get cheap headliners now. O Rod's nightly fee is around $2 mil. So a festival would be more.

Sam Fender

Coldplay

Rihanna

Edited by Suprefan

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Gotta get cheap headliners now. O Rod's nightly fee is around $2 mil. So a festival would be more.

Sam Fender

Coldplay

Rihanna

Actually think 1 and 3 are good shouts. 

I still wonder how true the rumours are Rihanna was meant to play '23

22 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift (I know I'm dreaming) + 1 more would be unreal.

OR does feel realistic though.

I wonder if Olivia Rodrigo might do Reading first.

But then who knows. Depends on what the touring landscape is next year, or indeed, if she decides to go write and record some new stuff instead.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:37 PM, DareToDibble said:

Actually think 1 and 3 are good shouts. 

I still wonder how true the rumours are Rihanna was meant to play '23

I would go with being pretty true. Taylor saying no, Rihanna would be one of the next on the list but baby plans put pay to it.

I think Rihanna and Fender are two very big and obvious options. If Dave is back he can't be discounted. He only headlined Reading in 2022. Both him and Fender realistically are probably looking at Glastonbury and outdoor shows of their own as options. Fender I think repays the faith for the bump up.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:46 PM, Franky said:

Friday = Coldplay

Saturday = The KLF

Sunday = Coldplay 

Ideal for the festival. The pyramid headliners who would all play for free😉😊.  Just enough saved to pay for Fleetwood Mac to headline the other, maybe.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

At the festival that's booked Johnny Cash, Shania Twain, Dolly Parton, Miley Cyrus, Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson etc?

The big difference being that none of those were actually headliners. If Beyonce wanted to do it again though and accept the price, there is absolutely no doubt they will book it.

31 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Sam Fender, Rihanna is where my ‘betting on 2025’ budget (£15) is going 

I would not be shocked to be honest, although I think they may end up with Dave if Olivia takes the Reading pay packet. All subjective opinion aside, that 3 would see me happy to take an off year and maybe completely as I see it drifting from me anyway. That just isn't worth £370/80 of my money. They might go and get Nick Cave, Pulp and let's be honest the 3rd will be someone like Raye or Skepta etc and only Pulp will interest me. I won't deny also that it's very rare that the other stage headliners suit my tastes and this year I literally have no headliner of interest that I would choose openly to watch on any stage. The other stage is probably the worst it's ever been for me with a little interest in Disclosure. My tastes are very broad but broad in their way that I like an elements of stuff. What they have tried to do on the other stages just isn't for me.

I'm actually looking at the option of Riot Fest! for next year. 20th anniversary.

Also, talking anniversaries, it's technically Glastonbury 50th year this year isn't it if you count the pandemic years as not happening. I'm aware they addressed 2022 as that.

Edited by northernangel

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Also, talking anniversaries, it's technically Glastonbury 50th year this year isn't it if you count the pandemic years as not happening. I'm aware they addressed 2022 as that.

I'm not sure how the maths would work on that, and even if they did it would be an odd way of looking at it.

There's always been gaps in the lineage (including most of the 70s), so not sure why they'd arbitrarily disregard those 2 years.

3 hours ago, incident said:

I'm not sure how the maths would work on that, and even if they did it would be an odd way of looking at it.

There's always been gaps in the lineage (including most of the 70s), so not sure why they'd arbitrarily disregard those 2 years.

I only mention it because there were different circumstances, it wasn't like it was a fallow year. It has run every year bar then follows except for the 71 to 79 gap where they obviously managed to tun it again. There is the odd other festival out there that delayed their anniversary due to the gap. I probably wouldn't question it had it been 1 year.

• 2 weeks later...