Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

The festival could have done better than this part of the message:

"Unfortunately, it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday's registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were."

A lot of the noise on social media is individuals being blamed for the festivals error because of the way this is worded.

Again, sympathy to those who are struggling for the new date.  But there is chance to get help, maybe even on the spreadsheet running on here(??) 

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Out of curiosity I had a look and it seems the sales date was announced Sept 22nd, so 6 weeks notice

Are people on here really saying they then went ahead and booked holidays etc within those six weeks? Smells like Porky's to me

No. Always used to be first Thursday and Sunday in October. Changed to November last year (so that's two years we've had change at short notice). Don't need to wait for an official announcement to know this.

Those with predictable shift patterns can look ahead to see if they are off or not and take action accordingly.

There is only one shift I do that means I can't make the Sunday sale and that's the Saturday into Sunday night shift. I get one every eight weeks. Guess what I'm on?

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'd booked this weekend off work for the sale, am due in on the rescheduled date.  Honestly I'll take the minor irritation if it stops others losing out unfairly due to an administrative cock-up.

Steady on, whilst this considered and selfless approach clearly fits the ethos of the festival we all love, it's quite jarring compared to most discussions.  

6 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Out of curiosity I had a look and it seems the sales date was announced Sept 22nd, so 6 weeks notice

Are people on here really saying they then went ahead and booked holidays etc within those six weeks? Smells like Porky's to me

Just come onto this thread but i'll be in Fuerteventura on the 19th Nov, booked it on 16th Oct have chosen holiday dates around the sale date so you are incorrect. This late change will seriously impact my chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Just come onto this thread but i'll be in Fuerteventura on the 19th Nov, booked it on 16th Oct have chosen holiday dates around the sale date so you are incorrect. This late change will seriously impact my chances.

Fuerteventura has internet too.

1 hour ago, Boomtowner said:

That's my issue too, all of my group are staying at my house on the 18th to celebrate my birthday, so rather than being spread around the country with access to different routers, we're all going to be on one. I don't fancy our chances.

That does create a great image for a cobbled together and hung over production line though.  "dining room, you guys start refreshing now"

43 minutes ago, henry bear said:

They should go back to selling tickets in person from independent record shops, left-field book shops and those Wicca shops on Glastonbury High Street. Make it difficult for the bloody influencers and the like

oh for the days you could stroll into Stargreen and buy your Glastonbury ticket...

still, wouldn't be of much use these days... Stargreen has closed down.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Clouds said:

So what about all the other ‘unfair’ things that happen during ticket sales? Crashes, registrations getting locked, payments not working, white screens?  We are basically told we have to suck them up, but not this specific thing? What a mess.

Would you think that if you were one of the people who's registration got deleted and you didn't find out until you got to the booking page?

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not before they gave us EU GDPR, which then became UK Data Protection Act 2018.

But didn't it get mucked around with very recently. Hence every single f**king website needing you to re register and approve cookies etc. recently?

I guess if websites want to operate within the EU then yeah you're correct.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'd booked this weekend off work for the sale, am due in on the rescheduled date.  Honestly I'll take the minor irritation if it stops others losing out unfairly due to an administrative cock-up.

The wonderful @Spindlesis spot on here of course. I'm still really f**king angry about said cock-up and the personal inconvenience though.

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Would you think that if you were one of the people who's registration got deleted and you didn't find out until you got to the booking page?

Exactly the same as me getting to the registration page only to find all our registrations are locked because it crashed when my friend had got through to the payment screen. See made it quite clear we just had to suck that up.

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

It's unlucky, I'll also be stuck in an airport in America now which is less than ideal.

However, potentially thousands of people will now have a chance at tickets which they unfairly wouldn't have had, so I can't complain 

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone managed to get to the Edit photo page yet?

I'm assuming no one will be able to do that until they reopen registrations on Monday.

Edit: for the record I can't get to it, just get the email confirming my reg details.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

It's unlucky, I'll also be stuck in an airport in America now which is less than ideal.

However, potentially thousands of people will now have a chance at tickets which they unfairly wouldn't have had, so I can't complain 

And those who have changed shift patterns to be available ? 

Just now, henry bear said:

Stargreen was my go-to for tickets, got tickets for many memorable gigs there 

yeah me too.

time was there were only two ways to find out about gigs 1) the listings in the back of NME (or whatever was your reading of choice) and 2) the absolutely brilliant listing printouts that you grabbed from just inside the door at Stargreen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

genuinely curious - why are people so upset about this? why does it matter when it's on sale?

people get worked up about such insignificant things.

I mean, you're not that curious when a significant proportion of posts in this very thread answer that question. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Well I can! Thing is there are other things they could have done such as keeping some tickets back for a later sale or the resale to give those people a chance, or have a special sale for only the new regs. Who in their right mind only has one reg. anyway? You need 2 at least in case the first ones get locked out during the sale.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Well I can! Thing is there are other things they could have done such as keeping some tickets back for a later sale or the resale to give those people a chance, or have a special sale for only the new regs. Who in their right mind only has one reg. anyway? You need 2 at least in case the first ones get locked out during the sale.

Literally the only person I've ever heard say they have more than one reg, maybe it'll do you good to take a break