Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2024

SweetJesus

1 hour ago, Archi said:

if a leak about Green Day appears, nobody will be surprised as they're so obvious, like 99% sure. 

Yeah that’s it, they haven’t been shy about confirming tomorrow as the date they’re announcing a tour. The fact RaR are waiting for them makes me think that they’re the biggest band on the line up but I’ve got my fingers crossed for a lovely surprise alongside them for a band that haven’t announced a tour yet, like a RHCP or a SOAD, someone like that too and this is their first EU date of 2024. 

Should be some good bands here though, fingers crossed for QOTSA, Smashing Pumpkins, AX7, and a few more across the top lines 

30 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Rumours are Green Day / Die Ärzte / Kraftklub + Parkway Drive. 

Realistic. Great for PWD and not really a surprise after seeing them headline Wacken in 2019 and (co-)headline many big festivals but they were metal, when Rock Am Ring is a bit more rock/mainstream. In this scenario, I guess Avenged Sevenfold will headline the 2nd stage on another day. They'd need sick undercards to motivate people to come to see headliners they see so often... Verdict in less than 6h...

Edited by Archi

45 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Rumours are Green Day / Die Ärzte / Kraftklub + Parkway Drive. 

Sorry for the double post, but looking around at who else could be possible, an undercard including:

QOTSA / Avenged Sevenfold / Fall Out Boy / Smashing Pumpkins / Pendulum / Weezer / Alice In Chains / Corey Taylor / Dropkick Murphys / Bad Omens / Sleep Token / Royal Blood / The Offspring / Jane’s Addiction / Amyl And The Sniffers 

Doesn’t seem too unreasonable (to me, I have no idea how popular these are in Germany, I could be a million miles away)

23 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Sorry for the double post, but looking around at who else could be possible, an undercard including:

QOTSA / Avenged Sevenfold / Fall Out Boy / Smashing Pumpkins / Pendulum / Weezer / Alice In Chains / Corey Taylor / Dropkick Murphys / Bad Omens / Sleep Token / Royal Blood / The Offspring / Jane’s Addiction / Amyl And The Sniffers 

Doesn’t seem too unreasonable (to me, I have no idea how popular these are in Germany, I could be a million miles away)

Aren’t Smashing Pumpkins rules out due to the UK dates? But yeah the rest have to be reasonably likely. 

If we get say Green Day, Parkway Drive, QOTSA, Avenged Sevenfold & Empire State Bastard I’d be happy. 

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

Aren’t Smashing Pumpkins rules out due to the UK dates? But yeah the rest have to be reasonably likely. 

If we get say Green Day, Parkway Drive, QOTSA, Avenged Sevenfold & Empire State Bastard I’d be happy. 

Awh so they are, apologies! Also, thank you for saying ESB because I nearly typed Biffy Clyro and was thinking “I’m sure Simon Neil is doing something else currently” but I just could not remember what haha

Having looked at previous line ups there always seems to be a really random Pop/Indie act who does not fit in with the rest of the line up at all (see, Lewis Capaldi last year). Going as Keane or Pulp for an outside shout based on absolutely nothing whatsoever

9 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Awh so they are, apologies! Also, thank you for saying ESB because I nearly typed Biffy Clyro and was thinking “I’m sure Simon Neil is doing something else currently” but I just could not remember what haha

Having looked at previous line ups there always seems to be a really random Pop/Indie act who does not fit in with the rest of the line up at all (see, Lewis Capaldi last year). Going as Keane or Pulp for an outside shout based on absolutely nothing whatsoever

Biffy Clyro are taking a much needed break I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Die Ärzte/Avenged sevenfold/QOTSA

Green Day/Broilers/Billy Talent

Maneskin/Kraftklub/Parkway Drive

Seems realistic. Even if I doubt about the success from the last day... I'm wondering if they gonna release the day-schedule in this full announcement or not.

Not really disappointed or hyped. It's great to see many bands finally headlining like Parkway Drive, see new bands headlining like Maneskin and a bunch of fresh/young bands in the high spots like BabyMetalBad OmensElectric Callboy or Beartooth! Great to see Body Count and Mudvayne are finally back in Europe as well. And glad to see Landmvrks there, this band is so good.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Archi said:

Not really disappointed or hyped. It's great to see many bands finally headlining like Parkway Drive, see new bands headlining like Maneskin and a bunch of fresh/young bands in the high spots like BabyMetalBad OmensElectric Callboy or Beartooth! Great to see Body Count and Mudvayne are finally back in Europe as well. And glad to see Landmvrks there, this band is so good.

Totally agree with everything here tbh. Two of my mates have been blown away by it and are seriously considering it. If I fail for Glasto on Sunday and Werchter doesn't turn up soon I can see myself being swayed by this.