Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2024

SweetJesus

2 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Green Day played RaR very recently, no? 

2022 however I think it was meant to be 2020 but was pushed back due to covid. Probably one of the biggest bands they could get to headline and be willing to do. Also a bit of a coincidence Green Day have a tour announcement the same day as RAR/RIP first lineup announcement. 

Green Day look like a cert to headline now. No idea who the other 2 will be - hoping for some sort of unexpected exclusive like in 2023. 

A7X, Parkway, QOTSA, Maneskin and Electric Callboy all seem likely to get big slots too. Will be interesting to see if PWD/A7X get the bump up to headline. 

2 hours ago, RonanM said:

Green Day look like a cert to headline now. No idea who the other 2 will be - hoping for some sort of unexpected exclusive like in 2023. 

A7X, Parkway, QOTSA, Maneskin and Electric Callboy all seem likely to get big slots too. Will be interesting to see if PWD/A7X get the bump up to headline. 

Maybe a joint headline with two of A7X/PWD/QOTSA? I’d be happy with that. Hopefully they all play. 

14 hours ago, foolee said:

I’m thinking they’re nailed on to be a headliner along with Green Day. 

Expecting something like

Kraftclub / Maneskin / Greta Van Fleet / The Pretty Reckless

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch

Parkway Drive / Peter Fox / Royal Blood / Empire State Bastard

Queens of the Stone Age / Sleep Token

Green Day / Fall Out Boy / Enter Shikari / While She Sleeps

Electric Callboy / Corey Taylor

They can do better surely?

Also, how did RAR sell badly this year, it was a great lineup.

28 minutes ago, northernangel said:

They can do better surely?

It seems like there isnt going to be a whole lot of massive headline bands available next summer. 

29 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Also, how did RAR sell badly this year, it was a great lineup.

It was a combination of several things, but the initial announcement of only 1 headliner (Die Toten Hosen) combined with a rather high price point seemed to really turn the Germans off buying. They ended up selling discounted tickets (30% off) in an Easter sale and were giving countless tickets away in competitions. 

The trend for the biggest bands is more and more likely to do solo stadium dates, or multiple Arena shows. I think there is simply more money in that, and it used to be totally opposite even a few years ago. Festival paychecks were huge compared to solo shows, now thats not the case any more. After covid stadium shows exploded. It will be extremely hard for any festival to get the likes of Coldplay, AC/DC, Metallica, Taylor Swift, The Weekend, Beyonce, Pink, Bruce Springsteen etc.

Maybe some will do only the biggest ones, like Glasto or Coachella, but more as a tour launch or historic image thing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RonanM said:

It seems like there isnt going to be a whole lot of massive headline bands available next summer. 

It was a combination of several things, but the initial announcement of only 1 headliner (Die Toten Hosen) combined with a rather high price point seemed to really turn the Germans off buying. They ended up selling discounted tickets (30% off) in an Easter sale and were giving countless tickets away in competitions. 

I do remember thinking the price hiked a bit and to be honest I nearly attended but I was giving it the nod for FF but it clashed with something. FF being at Glastonbury albeit a shorter set was still a moment to be part of.

55 minutes ago, Andrej said:

The trend for the biggest bands is more and more likely to do solo stadium dates, or multiple Arena shows. I think there is simply more money in that, and it used to be totally opposite even a few years ago. Festival paychecks were huge compared to solo shows, now thats not the case any more. After covid stadium shows exploded. It will be extremely hard for any festival to get the likes of Coldplay, AC/DC, Metallica, Taylor Swift, The Weekend, Beyonce, Pink, Bruce Springsteen etc.

Maybe some will do only the biggest ones, like Glasto or Coachella, but more as a tour launch or historic image thing.

Yeah i mean Taylor for example has years left to tick Glastonbury off. I don't think she disappears for long enough after a tour to do Glastonbury yet now maybe where tickets are high enough that people tick her off. But then she has that point of a young crowd too where she sells parents tickets.

28 minutes ago, Archi said:

Zero leak so far for tomorrow announcement... I wasn't hyped/optimistic about Rock Am Ring this year because of the rumors but the fact they gonna release their full line-up in one shot gives me some hype! Looking forward to see it (and potentially being disappointed)!

Crazy isn't it? I keep trawling the socials to see if anyone can give us any more feedback past the obvious Green Day headline slot but there's nothing so far! A friend in my group has been adamant to go here for years and Green Day is his favourite band, so if the line up delivers we might be relenting and heading over to RaR or RiP for the first time next year

• Like 1

Maybe they can do something really crazy and have Rammstein play June 2 and 3.

On a special festival production.

Bands production would travel from Athens to Span, from May 30 to June 5th.

And the band does a special show at RAR RIP festival production, as a one off show.

Possibility is around 1% i know, but just cant think of 3 strong heads that can do this.

48 minutes ago, Archi said:

Zero leak so far for tomorrow announcement... I wasn't hyped/optimistic about Rock Am Ring this year because of the rumors but the fact they gonna release their full line-up in one shot gives me some hype! Looking forward to see it (and potentially being disappointed)!

Actually there is a potentially leak.   

It seems this was spotted in Sevilla, Spain  (took the picture from here https://www.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/17lfe0g/green_day_in_madrid_june_1st_2024/

r/greenday - Green day in Madrid, june 1st 2024

edit: Oh you were talking about leaks of Rock am Ring/ Rock im Park  and not exactly  by Green Day.    My bad,  but i will maintin this post here 

Edited by Tigane

I was talking about leaks about Rock Am Ring especially... but if a leak about Green Day appears, nobody will be surprised as they're so obvious, like 99% sure. Especially with the time schedule. Maybe we'll have a leak tomorrow a few hours before because a band didn't schedule the post on the Europe time!