Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2024

SweetJesus

11 minutes ago, strudd3rs said:

Doe anyone know how placements work In terms of the logo bands?

Is it headliner far left, sub-headliner in the middle and headliner of one of the other stages on the right? 

First band on the left is the main headliner of the day, so headliner of Main Stage. 
Second band is the headliner of the second stage.
Third band should be sub on Main Stage.

• Like 1

Mad lineup. Very happy we got all of Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold & QOTSA.

Machine Head and Billy Talent were nice surprises. I’m also happy with Enter Shikari, James & The Cold Gun, Neck Deep, Royal Blood, Pendulum, The Interrupters & While She Sleeps. 

Would probably watch Baby Metal, Pennywise,  Scene Queen, Wargasm, Bad Omens, Maneskin, LS Dunes, Corey Taylor, Heriot & Malevolence if nothing else was on. 

Then there’s Beartooth, Electric Callboy, Underoath, Atreyu, Blackout Problems that sound decent or I fancy listening to more of. 

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Mad lineup. Very happy we got all of Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold & QOTSA.

Machine Head and Billy Talent were nice surprises. I’m also happy with Enter Shikari, James & The Cold Gun, Neck Deep, Royal Blood, Pendulum, The Interrupters & While She Sleeps. 

Would probably watch Baby Metal, Pennywise,  Scene Queen, Wargasm, Bad Omens, Maneskin, LS Dunes, Corey Taylor, Heriot & Malevolence if nothing else was on. 

Then there’s Beartooth, Electric Callboy, Underoath, Atreyu, Blackout Problems that sound decent or I fancy listening to more of. 

I think its overall weaker than last year. Nova Rock is better imo

19 minutes ago, foolee said:

I feel like Nova Rock is basically a lesser version of RAR/RIP. Bar BMTH, Avril & Sum 41 RAR/RIP have everything that I’d want from Nova Rock. 

Jane's Adiction is a HUGE win for nova rock, they haven't been in austria since the 90s and in Germany it's been 20 years as well. Everything big at RaR that isn't at nova this year where there last year, except for Qotsa 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I feel like Nova Rock is basically a lesser version of RAR/RIP. Bar BMTH, Avril & Sum 41 RAR/RIP have everything that I’d want from Nova Rock. 

Those acts though are the standouts for me in Sum 41 and Avril. They even got Mudvayne. The likes of Royal Blood, Pennwise I've seen recently anyway. Royal at Y Not and Pennywise last year at Slam Dunk.

Edited by northernangel

On 11/3/2023 at 11:23 AM, Andrej said:

A lot of these festivals will have a really hard time selling out this year.

Yeah, I really don't see how a line up like this will justify 300€ tickets. Sure, Green Day is a big name, but Maneskin as the biggest name for a day is very weak and Die Ärzte have been touring extensively for the past two years now.

Especially since they completely threw our all rap and pop names, this years sales are gonna be almost exclusively the metal and hard-rock crowd for whom I really don't see THE name in the headlines.

Edited by Quadrophobia

This is complete guesswork bar the headliners and main stage sub but I’d expect something like this

Green Day / Billy Talent / Baby Metal 
Broilers / Electric Callboy / Bad Omens

Maneskin / KraftKlub
Parkway Drive / Machine Head / Corey Taylor

Die Arzte / Queens of the Stone Age / Dropkick Murphys
Avenged Sevenfold / Kreator / Beartooth

But no one clashing with 2nd stage headliners so like EC would clash with Green Day if it turned out like this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foolee said:

This is complete guesswork bar the headliners and main stage sub but I’d expect something like this

Green Day / Billy Talent / Baby Metal 
Broilers / Electric Callboy / Bad Omens

Maneskin / KraftKlub
Parkway Drive / Machine Head / Corey Taylor

Die Arzte / Queens of the Stone Age / Dropkick Murphys
Avenged Sevenfold / Kreator / Beartooth

But no one clashing with 2nd stage headliners so like EC would clash with Green Day if it turned out like this. 

It's pretty likely, although I wouldn't rule out GD/BT/Broilers run on main and EC/BO/BM on second. 

29 minutes ago, Ferda said:

It's pretty likely, although I wouldn't rule out GD/BT/Broilers run on main and EC/BO/BM on second. 

I think it’s been confirmed by the organisers on another forum that the poster logo acts are headliners - 2nd stage headliners - Subs in that order so definitely Green Day/Billy Talent on main with Broilers headlining 2nd stage

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Timetable is available on the app. Billy Talent / Pendulum, Green Day / Bad Omens and Måneskin / Corey Taylor clashes are disappointing, otherwise for me it's fine, could be worse.

Yeah I don't think overall it's the best lineup for RAR, reckon they are saving it for next year.

4 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Timetable is available on the app. Billy Talent / Pendulum, Green Day / Bad Omens and Måneskin / Corey Taylor clashes are disappointing, otherwise for me it's fine, could be worse.

Yeah I’m pretty similar with clashes. Electric Callboy/Royal Republic another annoying one. Reckon I’ll go Billy Talent, Green Day and Corey Taylor as he plays some Slipknot and Stone Sour. Sunday is the best day for me. My probable schedule below. 

Fri: Against The Current/The Interrupters/Dogstar/Royal Republic/Billy Talent/Green Day/Broilers

Sat: Atreyu/Of Mice & Men/Counterparts/Malevolence/While She Sleeps/Machine Head/Corey Taylor/Parkway Drive/End of Body Count

Sun: Royal Blood/Enter Shikari/Dropkick Murphy’s/QOTSA/Speed over to Neck Deep/Beartooth/Avenged Sevenfold/End of Pennywise

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah I’m pretty similar with clashes. Electric Callboy/Royal Republic another annoying one. Reckon I’ll go Billy Talent, Green Day and Corey Taylor as he plays some Slipknot and Stone Sour. Sunday is the best day for me. My probable schedule below. 

Fri: Against The Current/The Interrupters/Dogstar/Royal Republic/Billy Talent/Green Day/Broilers

Sat: Atreyu/Of Mice & Men/Counterparts/Malevolence/While She Sleeps/Machine Head/Corey Taylor/Parkway Drive/End of Body Count

Sun: Royal Blood/Enter Shikari/Dropkick Murphy’s/QOTSA/Speed over to Neck Deep/Beartooth/Avenged Sevenfold/End of Pennywise

For me it's:
07.06: Against the Current - The Interrupters - 311 - The Scratch / Dogstar - Pinkshift / Royal Republic / Kvelertak - Pendulum - Green Day
08.06: H-Blockx - Atreyu - OM&M - Hanabie - Polyphia - While She Sleeps - Machine Head - Måneskin - Parkway Drive
09.06: Guano Apes - Royal Blood - Enter Shikari - ††† - QOTSA - Kreator / Neck Deep - Beartooth - A7x,
where bold is a must see.

A7x are one of my favourite bands, and I'm really looking forward to watch them for the first time as the final festival show on my birthday 🙂

Edited by Mondo-kun
  • Like 1