2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

4 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I have sat and tried to read most of this thread - what is the actual benefit for hitting f5 on this sale? Ive always thought refreshing too much on a ticket sale would knock you to the back of the sale queue. I am assuming that this sale is different and u just bash F5/refresh until a different page loads??

It’s not really a queue it’s a free for all to get the space when a door opens … 

2 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I have sat and tried to read most of this thread - what is the actual benefit for hitting f5 on this sale? Ive always thought refreshing too much on a ticket sale would knock you to the back of the sale queue. I am assuming that this sale is different and u just bash F5/refresh until a different page loads??

As far as I can gather, there is no 'queue' (unlike a Ticketmaster-style sale where it says "You are 40,343 in line", for example. Instead, whenever a slot on the sale server opens up the next person to load the page is allowed in. If that is the case, then you chances of being that person are increased if you are loading the page more frequently.

There certainly doesn't seem to be any negative consequences to refreshing. It's worked for me in all but one Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How simple is it to do from an idiots point of view ? (Me ) I’m setup for bus but might be handy for main sale 

It should be pretty straightforward, but I have a 3 minute video to show it working...

If you only have a few to do, this is not worth it, but as I said, I have dozens, and it really cuts down the time spent entering them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

As far as I can gather, there is no 'queue' (unlike a Ticketmaster-style sale where it says "You are 40,343 in line", for example. Instead, whenever a slot on the sale server opens up the next person to load the page is allowed in. If that is the case, then you chances of being that person are increased if you are loading the page more frequently.

There certainly doesn't seem to be any negative consequences to refreshing. It's worked for me in all but one Glastonbury.

Same.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

Effectively, each refresh works as a "chance" to get in.

If you "just" go to the page, and leave it alone to do it's thing, then the page will refresh every 20 seconds.

If you refresh manually, then you can go at your own pace (as long as you don't go too fast and trip the 60 in 60 limit).

Have asked before but not sure got a clear answer. Do you wait until the page is fully refreshed before pressing F5 or do we just press F5 again

3 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

For the elimination of doubt, what is the correct link I should be using. 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-deposits/worthy-farm/3500012

I tried the above and it didnt work

I’ve just got the holding page on that link.. it’s up and down atm while they’re testing the site.  

depends on how many other devices you are using - think you get blocked if more than 1 refresh per second.

How quick can you respond if the page changes in case it doesn't stop refreshing - set it to slightly more than that.

2 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

depends on how many other devices you are using - think you get blocked if more than 1 refresh per second.

How quick can you respond if the page changes in case it doesn't stop refreshing - set it to slightly more than that.

I'm in an office using the office wifi and at least one other person is trying today. 

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I have found that I am unable to connect to Seetickets with my VPN on. Best to have an alternative lined up.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 16.30.49.png

Bugger - looks like I'll be doing a quick reconfiguration on pfsence before the sale

39 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Quick VPN question - one of my PC's is setup to only work using a VPN. If I access the site from a VPN exit point do they care?

Only if they realise it's a VPN exit point.

Which they probably won't for a corporate VPN.

There are reports of them blocking VPNs, but I suspect that it exclusively affects known public ones.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Only if they realise it's a VPN exit point.

Which they probably won't for a corporate VPN.

There are reports of them blocking VPNs, but I suspect that it exclusively affects known public ones.

For context, mine is Nord VPN so public, not corporate.

But you can test it right now, I got that screen grab this afternoon, followed teh link to See from the Glastonbury website.

23 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Yeah i messed up while trying to post the link and ended up editing it wrong, should be

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-deposits/worthy-farm/3500011

thing is the links still seem to work as long as the code is correct.

No Events found here.

4 hours ago, Pipine said:

I just got the holding page 🙃

IMG_8418.png

And whilst compiling this post, managed to hit this once. Let it refresh, went back to NEF.

2 hours ago, Pipine said:

I used.. https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-deposits/worthy-farm/3500011

it wasn’t up for long then went back to the event not found page. 

See above.

1 hour ago, Lubic said:

And something that is on this (sorry - low res but taken from the official site). 

Personally I just use the 'click to stop refreshing' function on auto-refresh plus

Reg-Enter.png

How the heck did you get to a deposits page?

It's getting real now!