2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

Does anyone know what happens if you get a coach deposit then try to buy a general deposit on the same reg?

Seen a lot of conjecture over the years about the tickets being cancelled, the system stopping you, or maybe it just letting both sales through - but do we have any evidence of any of these? Can't see anything on Glasto's terms. 

1 minute ago, UEF said:

Does anyone know what happens if you get a coach deposit then try to buy a general deposit on the same reg?

Seen a lot of conjecture over the years about the tickets being cancelled, the system stopping you, or maybe it just letting both sales through - but do we have any evidence of any of these? Can't see anything on Glasto's terms. 

it will say registration has been used 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:24 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

I try on my pc, mrs c is on an I pad linked to my phone and I have phone on hand to verify bank if we are lucky. Steady refresh. Any more devices would just create more screens to monitor and more chances to miss the page. 

I'm similar....have the laptop to refresh and my phone on hand for comms/banking.

If anyone here is comfortable with Python, I have a short script that converts a csv file into a .plist file to use in creating text replacements on a mac.

Our spreadsheet has something like 30 people on it with reg numbers and postcodes. I have converted all these to simple 3-letter shortcuts to make entering details quicker and not prone to typos. With this script, you simply get your codes in a spreadsheet and it creates a file to import into the text replacement panel. If you want a copy, I can share it.

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

If anyone here is comfortable with Python, I have a short script that converts a csv file into a .plist file to use in creating text replacements on a mac.

Our spreadsheet has something like 30 people on it with reg numbers and postcodes. I have converted all these to simple 3-letter shortcuts to make entering details quicker and not prone to typos. With this script, you simply get your codes in a spreadsheet and it creates a file to import into the text replacement panel. If you want a copy, I can share it.

How simple is it to do from an idiots point of view ? (Me ) I’m setup for bus but might be handy for main sale 

To confirm - if you're in multiple groups...

If you get to the payments page all the reg nos will be locked to allow the transaction to go through, if it fails it can take up to 10 minutes for that lock to clear - I know this from last years sale when my bank verification timed out and we got the message that the registrations were locked as a transaction was in progress..

If you have multiple reg nos with the same email address/postcode and you manage to buy two tickets - one will be cancelled within a couple of days -  I know this from 2017 sales when I forgot to update my reg number with a friends group and ended up with two tickets - I got a snotty email from seetickets and luckily only one ticket was cancelled.

If one of your group bags a ticket for you - when you get to the booking page you get a message saying you already have a ticket.

If you get a coach ticket tonight your reg number is locked out of Sundays sale and the Campervan pitch sale as well.

I have sat and tried to read most of this thread - what is the actual benefit for hitting f5 on this sale? Ive always thought refreshing too much on a ticket sale would knock you to the back of the sale queue. I am assuming that this sale is different and u just bash F5/refresh until a different page loads??

2 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I have sat and tried to read most of this thread - what is the actual benefit for hitting f5 on this sale? Ive always thought refreshing too much on a ticket sale would knock you to the back of the sale queue. I am assuming that this sale is different and u just bash F5/refresh until a different page loads??

Effectively, each refresh works as a "chance" to get in.

If you "just" go to the page, and leave it alone to do it's thing, then the page will refresh every 20 seconds.

If you refresh manually, then you can go at your own pace (as long as you don't go too fast and trip the 60 in 60 limit).