Dukeicon

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Shambala, Beautiful Days, Shindig.

Thanks! BD is on my 2024 list 🙂 

13 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Add Green Man to the list

Think that's campsite only?

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yes there are some small festivals that allow it (add Bearded Theory to the list) but it's very rare in large scale events.

Glastonbury may well be unique in the big events, but then again it's the only one worth bothering with.

33 minutes ago, stuie said:

Think that's campsite only?

Well, that's what it says on the website, but in reality there are no checks (although admittedly there are "check-points") - if you have a bunch of cans in your bag and walk from campsite to the arena you won't be stopped. And if you crack a can in the arena area, you won't be challenged.

39 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

First competition of the year announced early by botb

https://www.botb.com/prizes/lifestyle/win-glastonbury-tickets

Bit early to be claiming hospitality tickets 

Pay to enter? f**k that.

Yes, I know it's not a significant amount, but it still makes it sound dodgy to me.

18 minutes ago, incident said:

Pay to enter? f**k that.

Yes, I know it's not a significant amount, but it still makes it sound dodgy to me.

They’re competitions are legit, I know someone that won a car through them before. I don’t really understand their prize structure, you pay an entry price based on the value of the prize and I guess they average it out across the prize values against the number of entries.

I’m more surprised their offering tickets this early on, guess they could always fall back on the cash offer 

8 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

They’re competitions are legit, I know someone that won a car through them before. I don’t really understand their prize structure, you pay an entry price based on the value of the prize and I guess they average it out across the prize values against the number of entries.

I’m more surprised their offering tickets this early on, guess they could always fall back on the cash offer 

They might be legit, but still not something I'd be comfortable with.

Basic maths* are that they'd need to sell just under 24,000 "prize draw entries" to break even on this one. Given that they're offering people the chance to buy dozens at a time, at what will be seen as a token price, they probably will (and then some).

*not taking into account any operational cost, or any other factors but probably evens out to broadly around that.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

They might be legit, but still not something I'd be comfortable with.

Basic maths* are that they'd need to sell just under 24,000 "prize draw entries" to break even on this one. Given that they're offering people the chance to buy dozens at a time, at what will be seen as a token price, they probably will (and then some).

*not taking into account any operational cost, or any other factors but probably evens out to broadly around that.

It’s *not exclusively for Glastonbury tickets, they have one prize draw a week for all of the prizes on their website there is one winner, that wins the prize they entered against

They’ve done some maths and entries are from 50p to £5 a ticket depending on what prize you’re entering for. They just have to hope that whoever wins (on average) was someone who entered one of the lower value prize draws and they’re quids in. 

All of the entries on average will add up to somewhere near the value of the top prize like a Ferrari or something. 

Edited by Old_Johno

1 hour ago, Old_Johno said:

First competition of the year announced early by botb

https://www.botb.com/prizes/lifestyle/win-glastonbury-tickets

Bit early to be claiming hospitality tickets 

£17k cash alternative or 4 tickets? I get that there’s the VIP element but 4 of you could have the most amazing holiday ever for £17k! 

14 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Um? Didn't GFL do something similar last year iirc? For good causes and all that?

GFL raising money for Oxfam’s earthquake appeal is obviously very different to a company making dosh! 

12 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

OK didn't realise it was for selfish profit.

Well, they are a plc so for shareholders dividends.

They are the same company that try and get you to win a Lamborghini in airport departures! 

13 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

How come they've got tickets to give away already then?

They probably have a regular hospitality source. Just googled to see if there were previous winners and it seems someone’s already asked Glasto about it.

IMG_0460.jpeg

Not sure how that pious legal statement from GFL stacks up against recent competitions from Tony's Chocolonely choc bars, Brothers cider and/or Worthy Farm cheddar cheese... although I can understand how they were tempted by that last one ! 😜

2 hours ago, This_Fields_Good said:

Not sure how that pious legal statement from GFL stacks up against recent competitions from Tony's Chocolonely choc bars, Brothers cider and/or Worthy Farm cheddar cheese... although I can understand how they were tempted by that last one ! 😜

Well, it does say without prior written permission. Brothers/worthy cheddar is part of their own promotion and Tony’s had a charitable objective. 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:41 AM, This_Fields_Good said:

All them are partners of the festival, that’s what they get as part of the deal.