Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Because Glastonbury is only about the headliners!

I've seen everyone who I have ever wated to see at Glasto going back to 1994 so in my experience, and I stress this is for me, if I dont like the headliners , the undercard may not appeal that much. May not be the case for you, but has been the case for me. I've been enough times to know what else is on. For  £350 if I wouldnt pay £100 to see each of the headliners on their own, means I really need to like a lot of the others, which in some years hasnt been the case - and in most cases I have probably seen them elsewhere anyway

Edited by Nestacres
  • Upvote 1

On 11/12/2023 at 9:33 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah I’m more relaxed with doing both sales .. that gives me 4 chances overall . Although I’m firmly sticking with my town as departure point otherwise logistically things become much harder . 

Definitely with you on that one. I've gotten coach tickets in various sales and resales over the years, but always for others in our group, never for myself. However, after missing out last year, I'm firmly in the giving myself 4 chances boat! Don't really mind where from, Bristol easiest for me, but Bath, Cardiff and even London work fine, really though, at this stage anywhere will do...I'd even settle for a Thursday coach!

24 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a coach ticket and collect at box office?

Want to take campervan, but with the way our groups are in terms of bus/driving, it would pay off to go for a coach ticket

If you book a coach ticket, then the system won't let you buy a van ticket.

Aside from which, don't be a dick.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, incident said:

If you book a coach ticket, then the system won't let you buy a van ticket.

Aside from which, don't be a dick.

Making massive buying groups with internet forum strangers  - perfectly acceptable

Joining your mates group for coach tickets but trying to take your campervan - being a dick

Edited by kalifire

36 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Making massive buying groups with internet forum strangers  - perfectly acceptable

Joining your mates group for coach tickets but trying to take your campervan - being a dick

Buying a coach ticket you have no intention of using? Absolutely being a dick. By any standard, no matter how you try and justify it.

Edited by kalifire

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Buying a coach ticket you have no intention of using? Absolutely being a dick. By any standard, no matter how you try and justify it.

By your standard, not by any standard. 

Let me ask, if I buy a ticket for a coach from a city I don't live in, am I being a dick? What about the people that live there missing out?

Most people want the ticket, the coach is a means to an end. 

If I buy a coach ticket and stay with someone else in a campervan, am I also a dick or is that ok? What's your moral issue, that I don't travel there by coach?

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

All the best to everyone trying this evening. Have everything prepared and Keep calm🤞

Any tips on how to travel down from Falkirk, assuming you are from Ayrshire! 🤣

planning on attempting to get any coach ticket I can, problem being the missus gets travel sick.  But sure I could enjoy the coach Atmos and she can sleep!  

36 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Any tips on how to travel down from Falkirk, assuming you are from Ayrshire! 🤣

planning on attempting to get any coach ticket I can, problem being the missus gets travel sick.  But sure I could enjoy the coach Atmos and she can sleep!  

Never used coaches before but if you are then I assume any from Scotland would suit you. Don’t be choosy, for example Edinburgh only, just go for any available. Worry about how to get to the coach later! Plenty of travel sick remedies! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

By your standard, not by any standard. 

Let me ask, if I buy a ticket for a coach from a city I don't live in, am I being a dick? What about the people that live there missing out?

Most people want the ticket, the coach is a means to an end. 

If I buy a coach ticket and stay with someone else in a campervan, am I also a dick or is that ok? What's your moral issue, that I don't travel there by coach?

If you intend to use the ticket, no problem.

If you don't, then don't buy it.

It's not that difficult.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I know anxiety levels are high amongst folk desperate for tickets but I’ll bet that see tickets are also pretty anxious that things go without a hitch after all the registration problems. 

There are already folk on Facebook saying they checked their registrations in September and got a confirmation email and now their registrations are missing!

I've got a feeling this isn't going to be smiles all round! 

1 minute ago, SilverLining said:

Thanks, all my group set and good to go!! May the odds be in your favour and all that pish!

haha thanks! good luck to you too.  I'm just trying for friends, already have my way in 🙂