Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

A few decent additions to the line up for me, but not enough to justify the ticket price compared with other festivals as the stuff I like is mainly lower bill acts that I have seen before.

The second line up has cemented the fact that I’m not buying a ticket this year. There’s some stuff I like. But not enough. 

Hope others have a good time though. 

Well at least we have Future Islands to escape from Kasabian.  I've heard David Dukhovny is attempting to become a musician.  Maybe he'll be abducted by aliens.

This release has improved things - and a festival lineup is always better in reality than on paper  - but Latitude is the Waitrose and Prosecco festival. I slightly regret getting tickets but less than I did before this release.

That's a massive improvement for me, I think I prefer last year's but overall its a decent mix of names (and evidently a lot more to come too) 

It's always a fabulous weekend and has been said, on paper is very different to in reality and once you've done your full listen through on the lineup too it fills out a lot more 

I'm looking forward to it a lot 

I do really like the "Waitrose in a field" vibe of Latitude, but there are so many other festivals happening the same weekend, and Latitude is so much more expensive. I know my situation is a little weird, because I'm a solo concertgoer coming from abroad who doesn't want to buy and set up his own tent, but tickets + tent at Latitude would literally cost me 3 times what I'm paying for tickets + lodging at Tramlines that same weekend. And for my tastes, the Tramlines lineup is equally good. 

13 hours ago, km9 said:

Any reason why the BBC tent is referred to just as 'second stage'?

No clue, unless they're renaming it? They still have ties to the BBC though so who knows 

Tbh I think more people just call it 'the tent' that its a waste of time giving it a name at all 

Being a bit old and out of touch I always make a playlist of all the bands on the lineup, and quickly delete quite a few of them (Caity Baser lasted about 20 seconds).  However this year I've discovered University (terrible name for googling) who are a superb punk/rock outfit and who will probably be in the Alcove on Sunday lunchtime or something.  I will be there.

Now it has settled in.  If I look at the headliners as being Future Islands, Orbital and Lankum then actually I would have a lot of fun. That Friday is good as well as I would see The Vaccines and Waxahatchee, would be worth the money for a day ticket.  This will be the first time in a long time that I'll pass on Latitude but that is probably more because we managed to get Glasto tix and our holiday will clash with Latitude now.

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Now it has settled in.  If I look at the headliners as being Future Islands, Orbital and Lankum then actually I would have a lot of fun. That Friday is good as well as I would see The Vaccines and Waxahatchee, would be worth the money for a day ticket.  This will be the first time in a long time that I'll pass on Latitude but that is probably more because we managed to get Glasto tix and our holiday will clash with Latitude now.

Same here, got glastonbury tickets so won't be going to this. If I hadn't got them would still be looking elsewhere though 

• Like 1

I'm super underwhelmed but friends are keen and we'll all be taking the kids in a big gang which will be fun regardless. Have an acceptable headliner each night and keen on Mary Wallopers but not a whole lot else... Plenty I'm not familiar with though so, recommend me some good noise folks??

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got any other hopes for acts to be added? I wouldn't expect anything huge but someone like Johnny Marr opening the Obelisk one day would be very cool - there's still a few slots left so they'll probably be slowly released over the next few months like usual 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:32 PM, ilovelanegan said:

I'm super underwhelmed but friends are keen and we'll all be taking the kids in a big gang which will be fun regardless. Have an acceptable headliner each night and keen on Mary Wallopers but not a whole lot else... Plenty I'm not familiar with though so, recommend me some good noise folks??

Mary Wallopers are fun enough, perfect for solas (or whatever it's called now), but ffs not in the tent 

Alison Goldfrapp, Frank Turner and Seasick Steve are an improvement. They're improving a festival I'm already going to, I admit the lineup wouldn't be making me wish I was going if I didn't have tickets.  Though there are lots of names I don't know so there may be some gems hiding in there.