Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

2 minutes ago, welshindie said:

... who's being added then?

Screenshot_20240305-181407.png

I've been sick, or i would have posted this earlier. But SOFY has all but confirmed, so she will be one of them. She made an earlier instagram post about playing a song at festivals over the summer/announcing more soon, and i replied with Truck, she replied with 👀...

245989413_WhatsAppImage2024-03-05at10_38_12.thumb.jpeg.09bf4e9f0b02190323b183cad5907c3c.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 23.22.39.jpeg

Nice to see Sophie Ellis Bextor added, always great fun at a festival. Still not 100% sure if I am going as still struggling with the idea of The Streets & Jamie T as the headliners when there are so many similar festivals to pick from. Although, Wet Leg are a big draw for me and my partner.

I’ve not edited the Clashfinder yet, as it’s not obvious where some of the new acts will slot in really…

I suspect that The K’s will headline The Nest on Friday night…

maybe Soft Play are the sub after all, and Sophie and The Amazons will slot in below them, bumping Sundara Karma down the bill 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 7:37 PM, Dales said:

Nice to see Sophie Ellis Bextor added, always great fun at a festival. Still not 100% sure if I am going as still struggling with the idea of The Streets & Jamie T as the headliners when there are so many similar festivals to pick from. Although, Wet Leg are a big draw for me and my partner.

Crazy how her stock has risen.

On 3/7/2024 at 9:28 PM, Tonybyates said:

I’ve not edited the Clashfinder yet, as it’s not obvious where some of the new acts will slot in really…

I suspect that The K’s will headline The Nest on Friday night…

maybe Soft Play are the sub after all, and Sophie and The Amazons will slot in below them, bumping Sundara Karma down the bill 🤷‍♂️

Carsick are playing the main stage I know that much 

15 hours ago, Dales said:

Yeah, she has been growing in popularity over the last few years and Saltburn has certainly given her an extra boost.

Its almost entirely saltburn - its not like she's released much of note recently

there's even a fest in berkshire thats got her name in the saltburn font

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its almost entirely saltburn - its not like she's released much of note recently

there's even a fest in berkshire thats got her name in the saltburn font

That's quiet funny about the Saltburn Font and I think it was a huge bump. Although, I think her Kitchen Disco stuff gave her a huge boost. I know Efesters get excited by new music and deep cuts (me included) but lots of people just want the greatest hits and if the artist does not have them, then some big cover versions.

I think her Kitchen Disco sets/albums gave a lot of people what they want, lots of big tunes and no filler.

3 hours ago, Dales said:

That's quiet funny about the Saltburn Font and I think it was a huge bump. Although, I think her Kitchen Disco stuff gave her a huge boost. I know Efesters get excited by new music and deep cuts (me included) but lots of people just want the greatest hits and if the artist does not have them, then some big cover versions.

I think her Kitchen Disco sets/albums gave a lot of people what they want, lots of big tunes and no filler.

Kitchen Disco started it for sure. She did a good number of festivals last summer to large crowds, well before Saltburn. She has widespread appeal and does plenty of crowd-pleaser singalong tunes, even if fewer original songs, much like Sugababes, McFly, Rick Astley...

53 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Kitchen Disco started it for sure. She did a good number of festivals last summer to large crowds, well before Saltburn. She has widespread appeal and does plenty of crowd-pleaser singalong tunes, even if fewer original songs, much like Sugababes, McFly, Rick Astley...

Very fun on the pyramid stage last year 

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Very fun on the pyramid stage last year 

Also pretty fabulous at Y Not. I'd happily see her again in a festival context.

Edited by sheffinghell

20 minutes ago, Dales said:

Truck Thursday night headliner is headlining the Other Stage at Glastonbury!

And Victorious sub. What does that say about this year's Glastonbury bookings?

49 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Worst Glastonbury positional booking I've probably seen. Even grabbing them in late there were options to not have to offer that 

All I can think off is they are friends of Emily/The Festival and so got offered a top spot at the last minute. However, totally agree there must have been other options. Hopefully, they will smash it and I hope they get some decent coverage on TV.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, 3Dimensions said:

I have a weekend ticket but the only day seems appealing is the Saturday, tempted just to go for the day rather than sell it now. Will I still be able to get my wristband on Saturday?

Yep.  Friends of mine did that last year.

53 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m guessing Truck doesn’t sell day tickets? Looking for somewhere to watch the Streets as we can’t make the Brighton date

Nope, unfortunately I’m having to use my weekend ticket just for the day. You might be able to pick up a cheap resale on Twickets if you’re lucky. I sold mine on there for about £100 a couple of years ago. 

• Thanks 1