Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

11 hours ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Yes it is. It’s required due to right to work legislation and in this case, to prove that you are a British citizen. This can be done with either a current or expired passport.

Mate, it’s been said before, you are bringing odd vibes to this thread that has been a source of help for a lot of people.

Hiya We are most interested in where you have got that from . I used to recruit Home care workers from many different countries  to work here in the UK. That s not legal .

4 minutes ago, Gaz_88 said:

STOP. We know you have a beef with Oxfam but this is now pathetic

Screenshot_20240330_224322_DuckDuckGo.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gaz_88 said:

STOP. We know you have a beef with Oxfam but this is now pathetic

Screenshot_20240330_224322_DuckDuckGo.jpg

. I used to recruit Home care workers from many different countries  to work here in the UK. That s not legal .

17 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Hiya We are most interested in where you have got that from . I used to recruit Home care workers from many different countries  to work here in the UK. That s not legal .

I concur, if you mean there are alternatives for those who are not British or Irish citizens. In those cases you can prove your right to work with a share code or your immigration documents.  If you search .gov pages on “right to work” I’m sure you’ll find it.

Have you listened to the podcast episode yet? It’s one of my favourites. While I record on a mix of subjects, the ones I really enjoy are those that give different perspectives.

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast

20 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 states in section 15 what an employers' liabilities are, which is what makes it legal. List A is detailed here on gov.uk website: Employers' right to work checklist - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). List A, item 1, states passport - current or expired. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 states in section 15 what an employers' liabilities are, which is what makes it legal. List A is detailed here on gov.uk website: Employers' right to work checklist - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). List A, item 1, states passport - current or expired. 

I’m out of upvotes.  I’ll be back tomorrow!

edit: I should have said “smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast”

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

I’m out of upvotes.  I’ll be back tomorrow!

edit: I should have said “smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast”

and I'll be listening to your podcast tonight!

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2024 at 10:32 PM, stuie said:

Check with your people what’s acceptable - one time when I couldn’t use my driving licence, I used an expired passport because Oxfam accept them if the photo is still like you. 

On 3/30/2024 at 9:11 PM, marathonsteve said:

A driving licence would be acceptable

The issues I've had with what is and what isn't acceptable ID lately... 

Barclay's Bank would not accept my recently expired passport. Despite it being an official Home Office issued document with a photograph of my fizzog in it that is still clearly me. But they did accept my no photo at all old school paper driving licence. That's just daft logic isn't it? 

____

Are you OK @marathonsteve? Your posts have seem a bit disjointed recently. You keep replying to yourself.

3 hours ago, Scrump said:

So.... Can you use your mum's passport or not? 

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Yes, but only if it's expired

And only if you've got a note like mums used to give their kids to show to the newsagents so they'd sell them cigarettes 

Edited by dondo
  • Upvote 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:25 PM, irnkrtn said:

The cushiest volunteering free entry has to be a set on a small stage on the Thursday of the festival @Nuthugger. Have you considered committing yourself for the next year to learning to either be a superstar DJ OR a novelty act playing 90s dance tunes on the acoustic guitar so you can get a 30 minute slot and a free ticket?

i have got more talent than mik artistic that's for sure and he seems to get in every year 

• Upvote 1

On the T&Cs it says the Avalon Bars staff campsite has subsidised off-sales.  Can anyone who has used before remember what they sold, prices and if it was cold etc?  Ta.

17 minutes ago, rebus said:

On the T&Cs it says the Avalon Bars staff campsite has subsidised off-sales.  Can anyone who has used before remember what they sold, prices and if it was cold etc?  Ta.

They sold a few different tinnys, cider and beer as far as I remember from last year. think they were about £1.50 and cold. I only bought cider so not sure if there was anything else! Food was decent and plenty with the vouchers, however you could get additional meals for cheap too!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lazymagnet said:

They sold a few different tinnys, cider and beer as far as I remember from last year. think they were about £1.50 and cold. I only bought cider so not sure if there was anything else! Food was decent and plenty with the vouchers, however you could get additional meals for cheap too!

Thanks, sounds pretty decent,  will be trying to keep the weight down for that potential long walk from gate A on arrival!

1 minute ago, rebus said:

Thanks, sounds pretty decent,  will be trying to keep the weight down for that potential long walk from gate A on arrival!

yeah, have you volunteered with avalon before? I really rated it! last year was my first and pleased to be going back with them this year. decent campsite with hot and cold showers, clean loos and ofc food and bevs! Location is alright too. Trek from gate A but doable if can keep weight down when you can get bags of cold cans on site.

As a punter i usually camp in Michaels' mead so was nice to be at the other side and see more of the circus areas etc!

5 minutes ago, lazymagnet said:

yeah, have you volunteered with avalon before? I really rated it! last year was my first and pleased to be going back with them this year. decent campsite with hot and cold showers, clean loos and ofc food and bevs! Location is alright too. Trek from gate A but doable if can keep weight down when you can get bags of cold cans on site.

As a punter i usually camp in Michaels' mead so was nice to be at the other side and see more of the circus areas etc!

No, I've volunteered once before stewarding with Oxfam (which was great).  Excited to be doing Avalon this year for the different experience.  Love the location of the campsite, right outside gate C.  Normally drive and take the kitchen sink to Paines Ground so already obsessing about slimming down the packing list for train/coach travel, unfortunately crates of beer and boxes of cider seem to be obvious ones to lose.  Off sales sounds like great replacement option.

1 hour ago, rebus said:

No, I've volunteered once before stewarding with Oxfam (which was great).  Excited to be doing Avalon this year for the different experience.  Love the location of the campsite, right outside gate C.  Normally drive and take the kitchen sink to Paines Ground so already obsessing about slimming down the packing list for train/coach travel, unfortunately crates of beer and boxes of cider seem to be obvious ones to lose.  Off sales sounds like great replacement option.

I volunteer each year and almost always on the train and swear by a 2 litre plastic water bottle of Aldi Brandy.  It's so ubiquitous and adaptable.

It can be drank warm or cold and with or without mixer. It's a win hands down. Take that and a decent sized hip flask and you can buy the cider / beer on site as and when and always have a shot (or two) in the day sack.

• Upvote 1