Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

15 hours ago, stuie said:

This is a post about volunteering in 2024. Sorry to hear about your experience but I’m not sure what the rants here are solving - it would be much more effective through the official channels. Aside from that, this thread and the ones from previous years have always been positive, polite and helpful so please let’s not let it decend into bickering. Thank you. 

Where did it all go Wrong then  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, stuie said:

This is a post about volunteering in 2024. Sorry to hear about your experience but I’m not sure what the rants here are solving - it would be much more effective through the official channels. Aside from that, this thread and the ones from previous years have always been positive, polite and helpful so please let’s not let it decend into bickering. Thank you. 

You keep posting on here that you that you keep getting lost,  Try 3 words. The App that should let you know where you are

On 3/22/2024 at 3:59 AM, Paul ™ said:

Please feel free to start your own thread if it's a topic you wish to discuss about Oxfams operations and complaints about them.

This one is for sharing of opportunities for volunteering or highlighting work opportunities at this year's Glastonbury.

The last few pages have derailed the whole flow of this topic. 

People with disabilities are Beautiful people, no matter your flow. 

13 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

You keep posting on here that you that you keep getting lost,  Try 3 words. The App that should let you know where you are

Are you ok? It seems like it's turned into you ranting rather than a thread primarily containing useful information for volunteers.

It's a bit tiresome mate. The weird ranting.

1 hour ago, LongDrops said:

Hey, does anyone know if there will be an official resale of Oxfam Glastonbury steward places? I know Oxfam generally put places back onto the website sporadically but it feels like they're holding them back currently? Cheers

Seems the most likely thing that there’s another drop after the resale . 

17 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I’m not lost, I’ve not posted that on here, and I use what3words regularly thanks. Let’s move on… 

9 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Are you ok? It seems like it's turned into you ranting rather than a thread primarily containing useful information for volunteers.

Hiya My friend. Volunteers with disability's , whether,  physically to in their mind set are not tiresome .

9 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

How strange Volunteers  with disabilities has passed this person by. I !!!!!! I know its somewhat tiresome for some  people without out such things. Dare I ASK...............................................................

What are people’s arrival days?  Are we having another efests volunteers meet up this year?

I think that @dondo coordinated lasts years meet at the Tow and Hitch last year. Be great to have another this year

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tarw said:

What are people’s arrival days?  Are we having another efests volunteers meet up this year?

I think that @dondo coordinated lasts years meet at the Tow and Hitch last year. Be great to have another this year

Hope it's not just for volunteers, looking likely I will be onsite working pre-show too, so may pop along.

Just now, Paul ™ said:

Hope it's not just for volunteers, looking likely I will be onsite working pre-show too, so may pop along.

All crew whether volunteer or not.

The more the merrier!

I am hoping that @dondo will carry on as he did such a great job last year. 

22 minutes ago, tarw said:

20 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

16 minutes ago, tarw said:

All crew whether volunteer or not.

The more the merrier!

I am hoping that @dondo will carry on as he did such a great job last year. 

Yes plan is to have a Monday night Tow and Hitch meet again for whoever from efests is on site on the Monday. I'll post more details closer to the festival and have also set up a WhatsApp group in the past. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Nice one, will find out in next few weeks if and when will.l be onsite.

First one I will have worked since 2005.. we all know how that one went 👀

Still can't believe you left that tap running.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Nice one, will find out in next few weeks if and when will.l be onsite.

First one I will have worked since 2005.. we all know how that one went 👀

I could cope with another 2005. Another 2016 or 2007 would probably finish me off 

3 hours ago, dondo said:

Yes plan is to have a Monday night Tow and Hitch meet again for whoever from efests is on site on the Monday. I'll post more details closer to the festival and have also set up a WhatsApp group in the past. 

That’s good! I’d be up for that!

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Can I be nosy and ask what work to will be doing?

38 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

1997 was my worst, 2 weeks knee deep in mud, left most my clothes there 

That would definitely finish me off! Probably mean me doing my shifts and bugger all else

On 3/21/2024 at 12:30 PM, tarw said:

I am in a terrible shape for my early 60s!

I can still do an 8 hour manic bar shift at our local Blackberry Fair for charity. 

I would not even consider doing clear up crew as I’d imagine that’s a totally different ball game, even without seeing the job description 

Im sure that LightChance will be fine with the shifts if she does a bit of prep work and doesn’t stay in The Temple until 6am

you wouldn't, well perhaps you would believe some of the stuff people just leave for you to pick up.  From used sanitary products, used condoms, needles, bottles and things full of piss and sh*t.

I enjoyed after shifts but wont go for them as standard.  For some reason they are also 5 days this years instead of 4 on recycling crew. 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:45 AM, dondo said:

I'll be there dude 

• Upvote 1