BST 2024

stanh

On 10/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, zahidf said:

Rhianna has signed a major livenation deal, so a slot at BST would be very likely ( 2024 or 2025)

Surely for the first year at least she'd be looking far bigger than a night or two at BST?

maybe towards the end of the comeback

3 hours ago, MK1 said:

Could Springsteen be there again? He is expect to announce a tour this week.

I'd say probably not, but that's only because the indications so far are that the dates won't line up (with the UK shows done by then).

No reason why not beyond that though - BST aren't really selling tickets in the same way most festivals do, it's just a series of enhanced gigs and so acts playing multiple nights or coming back for quick returns is absolutely fine.

On that basis, I reckon (based on no info whatsoever) we might see 2 or even 3 nights from Elton.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I'd say probably not, but that's only because the indications so far are that the dates won't line up (with the UK shows done by then).

No reason why not beyond that though - BST aren't really selling tickets in the same way most festivals do, it's just a series of enhanced gigs and so acts playing multiple nights or coming back for quick returns is absolutely fine.

On that basis, I reckon (based on no info whatsoever) we might see 2 or even 3 nights from Elton.

Wasn't Glastonbury his last UK gig ever?

19 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Wasn't Glastonbury his last UK gig ever?

No, it was the final UK gig of his last tour. He always said he'd likely do other, one off, things afterwards.

Indeed, since the tour ended he's already started doing odd shows again.

That BBC article literally says what I said - "last UK show of his farewell tour". He's stated on several occasions that he's retired from touring but that doesn't rule out occasional concerts.

Evidence of shows in the past month aren't difficult to find - there's this one which was announced a couple months after the tour ended, and this private show..

17 minutes ago, incident said:

That BBC article literally says what I said - "last UK show of his farewell tour". He's stated on several occasions that he's retired from touring but that doesn't rule out occasional concerts.

Evidence of shows in the past month aren't difficult to find - there's this one which was announced a couple months after the tour ended, and this private show..

exactly it very clearly states in the headline end of UK touring career. not end of playing live in the UK  this is similar to the Dolly Parton thing where she's said she won't tour again. it doesn't discount one off shows or Vegas residencies at all 

7 hours ago, incident said:

Fair enough, genuinely couldn't find those when I was looking haha, seems like a massive cop out to me but oh well 

21 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I have some semi-reliable info that indicates Springsteen isn’t doing it, but that’s as much as I know.

he won't be there 

IMG-20231031-WA0004.jpg

Edited by pete76