BST 2024

stanh

3 hours ago, incident said:

Trying to read between the lines on the wording (and so maybe reading too much in to it), I think the implication here is that the act being announced on Friday next week will be the one act we don't yet know.

Correct

On 2/9/2024 at 5:35 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

Don't get to go into golden circle... i volunteered for Bruce last year, tried to blag my way in, got turned away, but then pegged it in behind security guard's back when they were checking others wristbands.

The trick is to volunteer at the golden circle entry bit and take a wrist band😂

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Has Justin Timberlake been mentioned? First set of US dates wrap up on 9th July, leaving him currently free for the 13th.

Guess it depends on the extent of how much he's planning to tour.

Would've thought a lot of O2 Arena dates would be likelier ngl.

Anyone with experience of BST before know how good it is for people who maybe can't stand for a whole day? Was thinking of getting tickets for my mum if the Stevie Nicks rumblings come true, but wary she's at an age where she likely can't stay standing all the time and prefers seated gigs. Would happily stand for the actual performance, but in between is there plenty of space to sit usually or is it more of a "on the floor where you can" thing like usual festivals?

4 minutes ago, Yakkety Yak said:

Anyone with experience of BST before know how good it is for people who maybe can't stand for a whole day? Was thinking of getting tickets for my mum if the Stevie Nicks rumblings come true, but wary she's at an age where she likely can't stay standing all the time and prefers seated gigs. Would happily stand for the actual performance, but in between is there plenty of space to sit usually or is it more of a "on the floor where you can" thing like usual festivals?

its very much sit anywhere further back

• Like 1

I went the last two years for the Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen.  My mother also has quite bad mobility issues and was able to find a seat at the back on a picnic table.  There are plenty of food stalls and a good number of benches if you're lucky! 

20 minutes ago, 3Dimensions said:

Reckon Jake Shears could support? Playing IOW the following weekend and probably finished his stint in Cabaret by then. 

He and Self Esteem finish Cabaret in March.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He could, they are friends. But, IOW is in June, BST is in July…

i guess it depends on how much it costs to have a band stood down during that gap.