2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

42 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Predictions for the last two headliners?

I reckon Sleep Token and Neck Deep.

Thought Sleep Token’s absence from the Download lineup was odd as I was sure they’d be getting a prominent - second stage headliner or something - slot this year so maybe them doing this instead is the reason.

8 minutes ago, chilltheory said:

Think Sleep Token will be in the next DL announcement after their Wembley show. Would be happy with Fightstar and AFI as the final headliners.

Its already sold out though so not a major reason to hold back announcing. I assume download isnt getting much more than Enter Shikari by the looks.

Taking Back Sunday or Bloc Party possible?

27 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Its already sold out though so not a major reason to hold back announcing. I assume download isnt getting much more than Enter Shikari by the looks.

Taking Back Sunday or Bloc Party possible?

Taking Back Sunday a reasonable shout. New album and not currently on either of Download or Slam Dunks lineups unless R&L is going back to pop punk/punk with Blink rumoured. 

Edited by foolee

I honestly think Fightstar will be doing more than just Wembley, and previous headliners have had a couple big shows outside of trees (Turnstile, Idles, Frank Carter), so I think they're in for a shout. Hoping its not Neck Deep, but wouldn't be surprised. Think it could be any of Don Broco, AFI, TBS, Weezer, Frank Turner.

21 hours ago, chilltheory said:

Think Sleep Token will be in the next DL announcement after their Wembley show. Would be happy with Fightstar and AFI as the final headliners.

Download doesn't have a huge amount of spots left. Bad Omens are headlining the 2nd stage so Sleep Token should be bigger than that.

Been thinking for awhile how big of a get Sleep Token would actually be for Trees. Kind of a perfect time as I imagine they're very close as being too big for Trees. (depending on what next album does) 

My personal hope is Sleep Token & Enter Shikari. A trio of Gaslight (American rock) Sleep Token (one of the bigger names in metal that is happening right now) and a staple UK band in Enter Shikari makes it look really good. 2 of those bands both headlining Wembley Arena on their current tours too. Big year for Trees. 

This is me more wishing it but Touche Amore haven't played trees in a while, headlined outbreak festival in 2022 and are open in 2024 after doing download in 2023. Biggest issue is they're currently not booked anywhere in summer and I imagine they probanly have said theyre finished touring that album and are taking a break.

14 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Busted now confirmed as having shows on the Thursday and Saturday of Trees. Expect this now pretty much fully rules out Fightstar. I doubt Charlie would want to do a set in between they shows.

Theyre playing Thursday 11th (gaslight day) but the following show isn't actually until Saturday 20th, which if anything makes Fightstar more likely