2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

They are both very welcome! I give more chances for PJ Harvey to appear this year. She would be a great Barn closer, I think. 

And imo Pulp would be a great choice for a sub for either Foos or Pearl Jam (or any other headliner really) but I'm not sure if they are considered popular enough in BE for that.

I would like them very much too! I also think Pulp are not big in Belgium unfortunately. PJ Harvey would be a great Barn closer indeed. 

14 minutes ago, strudd3rs said:

Tool just announced they’re doing a EU/UK tour in 2024 so I guess they’re a potential

In Primavera topic there was an info about end of May. Probably arena tour which is much much better experience than festival

Edited by SweetJesus

39 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I keep seeing PJ Harvey mentioned in here but I’m completely unfamiliar with her music. What would be a good jumping off point?

Long time lurker but I can't resist the urge to post for the first time with this beautiful image that helped me when she performed at Rock Werchter back in 2016 :

image.thumb.png.dad1dbf22f0073bd7711816988d46040.png

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/3kgzaa/a_guide_to_pj_harvey_flowchart_included/

Edited by EcthelionDLS
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, EcthelionDLS said:

Long time lurker but I can't resist the urge to post for the first time with this beautiful image that helped me when she performed at Rock Werchter back in 2016 :

image.thumb.png.dad1dbf22f0073bd7711816988d46040.png

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/3kgzaa/a_guide_to_pj_harvey_flowchart_included/

Super interesting, thanks for sharing and welcome! 

"To bring you my love" is a great album to start with indeed!

22 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I'd love to have QOTSA back at RW. But they might end up at Graspop instead, together with TOOL.

Btw...It would be amazing if both of them were at RW together with Pearl Jam and the Foos!

QOTSA for Pukkelpop I would imagine given the Way out West date

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:30 PM, SweetJesus said:

In Primavera topic there was an info about end of May. Probably arena tour which is much much better experience than festival

Seen them at Download Festival many moons ago, and really enjoyed the set. But I have heard the arena experience is superior.

1 hour ago, JackF94 said:

Would love to see something like

Thur - Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer

Fri - Pearl Jam, The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Pulp

Sat - Dua Lipa, The Strokes, Maneskin, Greta Van Fleet

Sun - Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Foals 

Even for the biggest festivals worldwide, this is too big! Even for Rock Werchter

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Kings of Leon playing the British Grand Prix weekend on 4th July. Haven't been here since 2017. 

Would fully accept them as a warm up to PJ or Foos if they've started to accept that their star is waning now.

I think they're more likely to take other bookings than take a lesser slot. I can't think of anywhere they haven't headlined since 2009.

4 hours ago, JackF94 said:

Would love to see something like

Thur - Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer

Fri - Pearl Jam, The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Pulp

Sat - Dua Lipa, The Strokes, Maneskin, Greta Van Fleet

Sun - Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Foals 

Except for the Saturday, that would have been great!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1