2 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

This Rammstein show in Oostende has me strongly considering Werchter Classic 2024 - fly in early, spend a few days in Bruges before coming over for Classic - does anybody have the inside scoop on Classic acts or rumors? 

The only rumour that has been floating around is a repeat of Bruce Springsteen. But do also remember the date isn't announced yet, can be anything from two weeks before to the week after the main festival.

• Upvote 1

Just to rewind, Foo Fighters are almost a lock, Coldplay may be too big, but they have a huge gap in their tour and no shows in Belgium, Metallica is definitely out because they're in Poland, Rammstein is out because they're elsewhere during the festival and they have a Belgium show June 27 anyhow, Gorillaz or Blur seem to always be in play, The Killers just scrapped their new album, but Pearl Jam just announced theirs, Depeche Mode will be touring in 2024, Stromae will probably make up for missing 2023, Faith No More cancelled in 2022 but isn't playing any shows any more... but Mr. Bungle is. Primus, A Perfect Circle, and Tool are all touring in some way in 2024. People have thrown out Green Day and Avenged Sevenfold, but I'm not sure if those are based on evidence or just names. System of a Down is doing 2024 festivals. 

What are we missing? Isn't the first headliner likely announce next week (and if it's Foo Fighters, do we care? Because they already seem like a complete lock)?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Just to rewind, Foo Fighters are almost a lock, Coldplay may be too big, but they have a huge gap in their tour and no shows in Belgium, Metallica is definitely out because they're in Poland, Rammstein is out because they're elsewhere during the festival and they have a Belgium show June 27 anyhow, Gorillaz or Blur seem to always be in play, The Killers just scrapped their new album, but Pearl Jam just announced theirs, Depeche Mode will be touring in 2024, Stromae will probably make up for missing 2023, Faith No More cancelled in 2022 but isn't playing any shows any more... but Mr. Bungle is. Primus, A Perfect Circle, and Tool are all touring in some way in 2024. People have thrown out Green Day and Avenged Sevenfold, but I'm not sure if those are based on evidence or just names. System of a Down is doing 2024 festivals. 

What are we missing? Isn't the first headliner likely announce next week (and if it's Foo Fighters, do we care? Because they already seem like a complete lock)?

AC/DC

Just now, SonicSleuth said:

Didn't we decide they do too well on their own shows? I would enjoy this.

I guess Guns n Roses, they toured pretty aggressively this year and have done occasioanl festivals. 

Brian Johnson did say they were looking at doing festivals a while ago if I remember rightly. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, aeschli1 said:

387858036_846068973845527_4643690684586166691_n.jpg

I will be surprised if The National is not there next summer. Same goes for Nothing But Thieves btw.

From Hurricane's poster I'd also expect Fontaines D.C. (at a higher spot than last time). The Hives and The Offspring are also very probable. 

I know Ed Sheeran has a huge fun base but I think (and hope) that Boutique is a better place for him should he decide to visit Werchter...

Edited by Floyd_Ams

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Money talks. Important things have changed in the last few weeks (Rammstein, Iron Maiden). Not saying they are coming, but wouldn‘t be surprised if promoters gave it another try.

Are they really ready though? There's a difference between a guest performance with Run The Jewels and intense 1,5h shows every 2 nights for months on end. And let's not forget their bass player has been dealing with cancer as well.

13 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Are they really ready though? There's a difference between a guest performance with Run The Jewels and intense 1,5h shows every 2 nights for months on end. And let's not forget their bass player has been dealing with cancer as well.

Don‘t know about Tim, but Zack‘s injury shouldn‘t be an issue two years later. And I‘m not talking about months on the road but a three week summer vacation with a handful festivals and a big fat paycheck. 10 shows max.

But again - I have no idea whether they are up to anything. I think they are one of the most unpredictable bands in the market.

Edited by Karlos12345