Oh we'll, I wasn't aware. In that case, they of course shouldn't be booked to Werchter. I hope they are paying attention and value your fruitful input.. Also it will be very interesting to see how you'll manage your schedule, doing a festival consisting of only bands you approve of and like. Good luck mate 😉

• Downvote 1

Bring Me The Horizon seem to be getting some headline billings about the place next year. Played Werchter in 16 and 19 instead of Graspop and their stock seems to be showing no sign of slowing down.

Do we think they can be pencilled in as 3rd down again, or bump up to subs/Barn header next year?

4 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Bring Me The Horizon seem to be getting some headline billings about the place next year. Played Werchter in 16 and 19 instead of Graspop and their stock seems to be showing no sign of slowing down.

Do we think they can be pencilled in as 3rd down again, or bump up to subs/Barn header next year?

I think that they'll definitely be a candidate and although they're a bit a way from a headlining/co-headline in my view, I still think a Barn head would be chaotic, given last years experiences. 3rd down would be suitable if they can accept it. 

Despite not being subjective, coming from Norway, I really hope they'll be booking Kaizers Orchestra next year. Incredible live and they're doing a European tour next spring in hope of getting billed at some of the major festivals. Quite sure that they'll be a certain for Roskilde and some German festivals, but crossing my fingers for Werchter as well.  

2 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Foo Fighters tour announcement coming soon.

jimmywe from festileaks expect Werchter announcement on October 13

Just to clarify: this is less about insider knowledge and more an estimated guess, based on the wishlist closing October 11.

But yeah. Foo's are teasing, The National's European tour is ending October 7, Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith have dropped some first festival dates, rumours about a new Green Day album are intensifying, ... Everything is lining up for one or several headliner announcements in October!

On 9/25/2023 at 7:33 AM, Floyd_Ams said:

Depeche Mode would be a perfect headliner for RW imo but according to rumours they won't be there (and I can't understand why)

Didn't they only sub when there in 2013?

Saying that they sold out Antwerp Sports Paleis so demand is clearly there. Indeed everywhere I looked seems to have sold out.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, DDave said:

Pukkelpop have booked a couple of (very specific) acts I've suggested on twitter in the past so some festivals definitely do. 

That’s really cool, who were they?

The three I put forward for my RW ‘24 wish list were:

• Pale Waves (not too big and we’re meant to be at Tempelhof Sounds ‘22 so aren’t averse to European tours)
  • Solomun (hoping the success of Fred and Charlotte in The Barn this year lead to more big name EDM bookings)
  • Cannons (I just really, really want to see them. They’re touring Europe in March but could come back later in the summer for Werchter. Probably unlikely though.)

4 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Bit too early for PJ I think. Take one of those 3 out and we're good. 

From a source at Ohana which is extremely credible but shall remain nameless: New PJ album produced by Andrew Watt will drop in February. Touring begins in March for east coast, then Europe, then west coast by fall 2024. 

Taken today from Pearl Jam forum...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Quick simple question - I've always camped when I visit, but I'll be traveling with someone who may not love the camping life... so, what is the specific *town name* where we board the shuttle to RW, and can return to buy snacks and supplies? Is that Leuven? I think they would prefer to have a nice shower and breakfast, then shuttle in later in the morning. I'm shopping hotels now and hoping for Foos and Pearl Jam....

24 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

Quick simple question - I've always camped when I visit, but I'll be traveling with someone who may not love the camping life... so, what is the specific *town name* where we board the shuttle to RW, and can return to buy snacks and supplies? Is that Leuven? I think they would prefer to have a nice shower and breakfast, then shuttle in later in the morning. I'm shopping hotels now and hoping for Foos and Pearl Jam....

Yup, that's Leuven.

Depending on your budget and number of ppl you are travelling with, you may want to check out the glamping options when they become available (usually later in the year). Shower, breakfast, a simple bed and 10' away from the entrance of the festival. 

• Upvote 1