What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

7 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I now have a lot of dates soaking in vodka. 

Now there's a memorable sh*t waiting to happen.

• Upvote 1

Picked up my daughters passport with her UK visa in it on Friday.

Now just need to cancel of the flight bookings as the kids mother will not be joining us on the trip and begin the search to find some childminding help during the trip and during the festival, thank fully the lovefields ticket can be used by anyone so that should help in the search:)

I'm seriously thinking about a new tent. My current one has seen many Glastonbury's, but it's getting towards the end of it's lifespan. I'm undecided, but thinking maybe one more Glasto? (Watch it collapse around me this year!)

52 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I'm seriously thinking about a new tent. My current one has seen many Glastonbury's, but it's getting towards the end of it's lifespan. I'm undecided, but thinking maybe one more Glasto? (Watch it collapse around me this year!)

same for me.

current tent, to be fair, has a few more festivals left in it but i really want a Fresh & Black this year.

now that i am a tired old man i really need a bit of a lie in in the mornings...

1 minute ago, -TLR- said:

same for me.

current tent, to be fair, has a few more festivals left in it but i really want a Fresh & Black this year.

now that i am a tired old man i really need a bit of a lie in in the mornings...

I've heard lots of good things about those tents, and I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind 😅

12 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

but i really want a Fresh & Black this year.

11 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I've heard lots of good things about those tents, and I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind 😅

image.gif.dadec496947b939598da9b27f02fd830.gif

• Upvote 2

Once you've got a Fresh n Black, you'll be angry at not having succumbed sooner - they're genuinely magical. Cooler, darker, with the inflatable poles theyre up in no time at all, they're an absolute gamechanger and there's no way i'd go back to a standard tent any more.

(repeats ad nauseum) fresh n black! fresh aaaand black! 

Bought a 3 man XL pop up f&b off FB market the other day for £40 (RRP £139.99) to replace my 3 man standard f&b!

Very happy with the price - looking forward to the ease of setup and extra space!

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Bought a 3 man XL pop up f&b off FB market the other day for £40 (RRP £139.99) to replace my 3 man standard f&b!

Very happy with the price - looking forward to the ease of setup and extra space!

This is obvious of course, but.. you *are* going to check it before the festival, right? And ideally give it a soaking.

Decathlon allow you to buy replacements parts for the main components, but that's only useful if you know to do so in advance.

We had a fresh and black but won’t be using it. The main issue is that the groundsheet isn’t sewn-in so we had loads of bugs and it felt less safe in the living area. Also the bedroom divider isn’t removable. 

Still need to sell it on. 

20 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Just ordered a new one. Took a risk. Pop up black out tent. 

19 hours ago, -TLR- said:

same for me.

Just took a punt and ordered a three person 2 second fresh and black 

9 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

We had a fresh and black but won’t be using it. The main issue is that the groundsheet isn’t sewn-in so we had loads of bugs and it felt less safe in the living area. Also the bedroom divider isn’t removable. 

Still need to sell it on. 

What do you mean by this? I’ve just had a look online and the one I ordered looks like the ground sheet is sewn in to the tent 

It's my first Glastonbury at 49, having finally given up on finding a small festival with a line-up that looks like the West Holts, and I only got the tickets (through work) last week. So I'm currently obsessively researching. I've booked a hotel nearby for the Tuesday night. I've binned off my Green Man tickets. I've ordered some wellies. I've made an excellent playlist. I'm trying to decide if it's worth replacing a perfectly good tent with a new one that has blackout fabric. And I'm reading everything.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/26/2024 at 11:12 AM, -TLR- said:

same for me.

once you go black, you won't go back.