What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

12 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just ordered Coldplay 

If Coldplay don't end up playing then some minor adjustments with a marker pen and they can become Elbow! 🙂 

On 2/6/2024 at 3:18 AM, The other Bellboy said:

I've talked endlessly about it whenever I can during my 6 years here and am always wearing something with Glastonbury on it (and so are the kids too - but they keep growing out of stuff). People are fascinated by it because there's nothing remotely like it here. I did see a lady in our local supermarket with the same 2016 coat on, but other than that I've never seen anyone else in Glasto related stuff. 

We also have 3 campervan passes still stuck to the screen of the van, that's raised a few comments over the years too.

If you visited Wellington, would have been great to have spotted someone else with a Glasto T shirt on 🙂

I really enjoyed the NZ festivals I went to when I lived there but I think the biggest was about 5000. 

If Glastonbury was in NZ it'd be what, the 4th biggest city by population?

5 minutes ago, Franky said:

Got me fat boys chair 💪IMG_9390.thumb.jpeg.5a13e7b9a90684cdf49789b2ae770f02.jpeg

Sweet. I'm on the look out for one myself at the moment as the old one collapsed under the weight of my not insignificant girth. Had previously gone for lightweight and portability, but would prefer to go for something sturdier next time given it just stays by the tent. Where's this one from?

12 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I really enjoyed the NZ festivals I went to when I lived there but I think the biggest was about 5000. 

Yeah 4th biggest with some distance as well.

Splore is probably our best festival and the closest thing you’d get to Glasto over here with the general ethos and vibes being the same. Also seems to have Barry Ashworth hanging around every year so take that from it what you will

38 minutes ago, germanmon said:

Sweet. I'm on the look out for one myself at the moment as the old one collapsed under the weight of my not insignificant girth. Had previously gone for lightweight and portability, but would prefer to go for something sturdier next time given it just stays by the tent. Where's this one from?

Amazon mate £50 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, germanmon said:

I used one of these last time, light strong and portable. Mind you although my belly is round I'm not really taller or larger than average. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B09ZY4ZZYG

16 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I used one of these last time, light strong and portable. Mind you although my belly is round I'm not really taller or larger than average. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B09ZY4ZZYG

Ah, that's the one that gave way on me. Once I'd lost one of the plastic stoppers on the end of a leg, it kept getting stuck in the grass and it was all downhill from there. Cheers for the suggestion though, can definitely vouch for it being portable - packs up to a decent small size.

18 hours ago, philipsteak said:

We've only been to Womad since being here, went last year for the first time and enjoyed it much more than expected so will be going back next month - maybe 15000 or so people there - so enough to make the weekend nice.

With the Sunday crowd and dependent on which figures you take - Glastonbury could pip Wellington and make it to the 3rd largest city, would be interesting to see that physical size overlay thing that was going around to compare the land size as well.

44 minutes ago, germanmon said:

Ah, that's the one that gave way on me. Once I'd lost one of the plastic stoppers on the end of a leg, it kept getting stuck in the grass and it was all downhill from there. Cheers for the suggestion though, can definitely vouch for it being portable - packs up to a decent small size.

Ah sorry to hear that 😊

On 2/10/2024 at 12:57 AM, germanmon said:

The stopper for this one disappeared last year, I’m going to have to improvise otherwise it just sinks into the grass.  Only use them when eating or relaxing, not when music is on😉

IMG_0916.thumb.jpeg.48378592c7ba818aeb5b5ae75496650b.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The stopper for this one disappeared last year, I’m going to have to improvise otherwise it just sinks into the grass.  Only use them when eating or relaxing, not when music is on😉

If these were the right size, then they'd do the job (see link below). I would suggest gluing them on;

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fix-o-moll-black-tube-caps-25mm-x-26mm-4-pack/883KF?tc=JC9&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_aGuBhACEiwAly57MQmi3TG2GcRBM-3D2oJ0OAyZelMW6qEEtf2AAmwc7HYSYRPvVF6GlBoCU-4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

On 2/11/2024 at 12:12 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

You can purchase a little ground sheet type thing that attaches to the bottom that stops any kind of sinking, with or without the stoppers still attached...

https://amzn.eu/d/3fngnct

6100urL8RmL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Edited by Essex_George
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Started breaking down the old pyramid so I can attempt to recycle ♻️ some parts 

IMG_7843.jpeg

Whilst it's a bit sad to see the current sorry state, I'm sure it'll be like a phoenix rising from the ashes...looking forward to seeing the 2024 new and improved version!

59 minutes ago, germanmon said:

Whilst it's a bit sad to see the current sorry state, I'm sure it'll be like a phoenix rising from the ashes...looking forward to seeing the 2024 new and improved version!

Like the phoenix festival rising from the ashes.

On 2/15/2024 at 4:31 PM, Essex_George said:

You can purchase a little ground sheet type thing that attaches to the bottom that stops any kind of sinking, with or without the stoppers still attached...

https://amzn.eu/d/3fngnct

6100urL8RmL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Ta,  did a repair using one of those plastic holders that were included in the covid test kit box😊😉. Will see how it lasts! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Build an other stage hat?

I did consider that but decided on 2 lighter Pyramids ( I hope ) .... maybe next year if the chems play I will do an other stage one as ive got the perfect screen animations for it 

Booked flights and national express coaches for the in laws as well as hotel in Bristol for Monday night after for them and accommodation for the night before for my missus and kids. Will be booking ferry for the rest of us on Friday when I get paid. 

Starting to feel real, just need an announcement.

Edited by gherkin8r