What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Talcroft said:

Finally booked my annual leave 😄

crumbs leaving that late ... mine goes in straight after I know the date cant take that risk ... although my workplace can be utter sods with holiday approval 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:25 AM, woyski said:

New walking boots from Mountain Warehouse currently sat in another post box of my flat building - cheers Evri!

The boots are in my possession and I'm breaking them in! Although waiting for some gel insoles to arrive too.

I'll have wellies by the door week of but I am seriously considering walking boots for wet/muddy and trainers for dry.

28 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Which walking boots did you go for? I was having a look at decathlon and wasn't sure if people had reviews of them 

I’ve gone for these ones:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/women's-hiking-boots-nh500-mid-leather-wp/_/R-p-351076?mc=8851466&c=khaki+grey

Tried on so many last weekend in decathlon/go outdoors/various other outdoorsy shops (regatta, trespass, craghoppers etc) but found these the most comfortable! Felt pretty lightweight and cushioned on the sole

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

crumbs leaving that late ... mine goes in straight after I know the date cant take that risk ... although my workplace can be utter sods with holiday approval 

One woman team at the moment - be hard pushed for my manager to say no. Normally it's booked 13 months in advance 😅

• Like 1

I've had a very riveting Friday night doing the mandatory Site Safety Induction that most workers have to do if they're arriving at Worthy Farm before the public gates open. Will be there six weeks tomorrow 😅

3 minutes ago, tays9 said:

I've had a very riveting Friday night doing the mandatory Site Safety Induction that most workers have to do if they're arriving at Worthy Farm before the public gates open. Will be there six weeks tomorrow 😅

Is it even more riveting than last year or about the same. I’m now getting emails reminding me to do it. 

3 minutes ago, tarw said:

Is it even more riveting than last year or about the same. I’m now getting emails reminding me to do it. 

I think its pretty much the same as last year, but its now possible to have the QR code be sent through to your 'Wallet' on your iPhone (and probably the equivalent on other branded smartphones). One less thing to print 😇

I've got some other course thing to do still, but will save that excitement for later this weekend.

On 5/10/2024 at 1:22 PM, thewomble said:

I’ve gone for these ones:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/women's-hiking-boots-nh500-mid-leather-wp/_/R-p-351076?mc=8851466&c=khaki+grey

Tried on so many last weekend in decathlon/go outdoors/various other outdoorsy shops (regatta, trespass, craghoppers etc) but found these the most comfortable! Felt pretty lightweight and cushioned on the sole

I went to Decathlon today and looked for these and you are right they are so comfy - I have weird toes so finding anything that is comfortable is a miracle so I bought them too! The laces are a bit rubbish but will change them 😀👍

• Like 1

Brought some waterproofing spray for tent … was asked for ID which I didn’t have and then they asked for payment … odd . I traditionally waterproof my tent as a sacrifice to weather gods whatever the weather previous year 

Took the tent out for its first '24 appearance last weekend. Whilst it was a relief to see it was all intact and no mice had been having a winter nibble, I'd forgotten just how cold nights can get. Warm clothing added to the list (volunteering this year, so lots of standing around overnight I suspect...) 

19 hours ago, Northtim said:

image.thumb.png.a41db0cfa8d95e61a2889c30d7e719e6.pngPut up the new F&B I’ve finally gone for after years of indecision. Game changer? I think it could be!

Which one is this, mate? The 4-man?

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Which one is this, mate? The 4-man?

Yes - Arpenaz 4.1. Bigger than expected, but stand up porch could be handy.

My ancient old tent was at sauna temperature by 7am last year so hoping the blackout will help with that and I can get a bit more sleep.

12 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Yes - Arpenaz 4.1. Bigger than expected, but stand up porch could be handy.

My ancient old tent was at sauna temperature by 7am last year so hoping the blackout will help with that and I can get a bit more sleep.

Nice. £200 at decathlon. Going to invest. 

So "the pile" is developing nicely.

Tested putting up the new tent middle of the week while the weather is nice - gone for a 4 man, Sendero from GoOutdoors. Seems solid enough for the money.

Got my selection of loud Hawaiian shirts sorted

Dug the sleeping bags out of the garage and washed them all, which upset the spiders that had been making their home in them 😄 Been in there since our last Glasto which was 2017!

Gave the fishing barrow I picked up cheap on FB market a once over, topped up the air in the tyre and found a bracket needed a quick bit of welding - that could have been a disaster!

New bottle of gas for my burner - only really use it for tea/coffee first thing but it's nice for if you don't fancy going anywhere when you wake up but need a brew.

Bought about 10 pre-mixed cans yesterday to test out what I fancy taking with me - I managed a few of them last night but had enough not to really care how good they tasted by the end of the evening 😄

Edited by Chris_R