Fred again?? Next year?

Claire0406

2 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Fred again is not headlining the Pyramid ever, that just ain't happening. 

he might it's too early to say which way his career will go at this point

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He needs a show. Compare and contrast the sort of AV elements that the Chems bring just to headline the Other.

Apparently he's hired Bicep's team

2 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Even if he had the show his music couldn't lace the boots of the chemicals brothers. 

Crowd this year said otherwise and thats without a proper show

36 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

As much as I liked his show. He ain't headliner material unless he sorts his show out. It started very slow and all the tapping was boring as hell. He needs to start and continue with bangers to get the crowd going. 

I agree there were too many lulls in proceedings. 

Dance music shows need to flow, rather than be stop/start. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

As much as I liked his show. He ain't headliner material unless he sorts his show out. It started very slow and all the tapping was boring as hell. He needs to start and continue with bangers to get the crowd going. 

Yet strangely ed sheeran is just standing on stage with a guitar and plays to a backing track and the pyramid field was full. 

did anyone get upset when Aphex Twin was doing the shows where he started off literally slow on the bpms and just kept getting faster? Nope.

btw, there is a current electronic act thats headlining almost every fest in north america and has a "show" and everything you lot apparently want from a dance headliner. Yet the "i dont get it" crowd would just push them aside cause its not the chems. 

Edited by Suprefan

59 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I agree there were too many lulls in proceedings. 

Dance music shows need to flow, rather than be stop/start. 

This 100%. I'm a big fan of his but didn't think his Glasto set was that great tbh. I was stood in quite a good position at the stage too but was far too stop starty for me so didn't have the big peaks and troughs of a proper dance set for me. I'm sure he will get there but the current show needs a lot of work in my opinion 

53 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Who was the other person on stage with him loading the samples into the pad?

he needs to get shot of him. 

His name is Tony, he's been with him since he started performing the live show afaik

Edited by tigger123

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yet strangely ed sheeran is just standing on stage with a guitar and plays to a backing track and the pyramid field was full. 

did anyone get upset when Aphex Twin was doing the shows where he started off literally slow on the bpms and just kept getting faster? Nope.

btw, there is a current electronic act thats headlining almost every fest in north america and has a "show" and everything you lot apparently want from a dance headliner. Yet the "i dont get it" crowd would just push them aside cause its not the chems. 

I love your constant UK vs USA bullshit you try and pull.

Odesza are doing fantastic things with their live shows that not many EDM acts are doing. They're also not known in the UK at all. In fact I don't think they've done a gig in Europe let alone the UK. 

Its nothing about 'I dont get it' its actually 'Does anyone actually know them'.

Jrock is one of my favourite genres and there's Jrock bands doing huge productions, that have been doing so for 40 years, they'll never play Glastonbury, let alone headline and bring their whole show. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I love your constant UK vs USA bullshit you try and pull.

Odesza are doing fantastic things with their live shows that not many EDM acts are doing. They're also not known in the UK at all. In fact I don't think they've done a gig in Europe let alone the UK. 

Its nothing about 'I dont get it' its actually 'Does anyone actually know them'.

Jrock is one of my favourite genres and there's Jrock bands doing huge productions, that have been doing so for 40 years, they'll never play Glastonbury, let alone headline and bring their whole show. 

This is literally the first I've heard of Odesza and I go to electronic music gigs weekly in the UK.

They couldn't have a lower profile right now in the UK

2 minutes ago, Isaact said:

This is literally the first I've heard of Odesza and I go to electronic music gigs weekly in the UK.

They couldn't have a lower profile right now in the UK

Supre likes doing the 'Well they're known in the US so the UK must just be ignorant' 

They're quite well known and spoken about if you're in the visual projection stuff or stage design stuff, music wise, not many people speak about them

Listen, when all this kicked off last Oct about Fred Again and how he was gonna headline the Other, I said, no no people, it can’t be, he’s a cafe mambo, cafe del mare type vibe, sunset I said. 

Boy was I shot down, he’s got this he’s got that blah blah blah. Then it turns out Fred turned down the headline and asked for the sunset slot!!! 

Now I always knew why, not enough big bangers. 

That said, what he did was nothing short of magical, shot himself to my all time number 1 Glasto set, knocking off Massive Attack from 2008 (deliciously dark). 

Was the crowd right up front amazing? f**k yes we were people! Was it the most perfect sunset for his set? f**k yes it was. Did he nail the emotional feeling of the crowd? f**k yes he did. 

Will he headline the pyramid? f**k no, you would have the guitar wielding boring Arctic Monkey set rioting at such a thought because their tiny rock brains can’t handle what dance music does. 

Will he headline The Other Stage? Most certainly like f**k he will! In my opinion, next year. New music, new show, same old Glasto crowd lapping it up because he knows how to nail a vibe. 

Oh and as for the constant US V UK bullshit. f**k off to a US festival forum then, you’re f**king boring quite frankly. 

And before anyone mentions “His Dads money” who gives a flying a f**k when the man can hold 100,000 people in the plan of his hand and have them singing “Put your loving arms around me” for 15 minutes after he’s finished whilst walking off. Just because you don’t have any money or more to the point talent! Don’t take it out on others. 

Peace out, Word up, One love 😂

FRED killed it, and guess what, he will do it AGAIN. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Franky said:

Will he headline the pyramid? f**k no, you would have the guitar wielding boring Arctic Monkey set rioting at such a thought because their tiny rock brains can’t handle what dance music does. 

Rock fans cant handle Tesco recreations of a rave sound Bicep and OverMono etc have been doing for years with some extra vocals from his mates on top? Made by an artist who produces for Pink, Swedish House Mania and Ed Sheeran?

that is your definition of highest-quality dance music ?

...right... 🤔 

• Upvote 1