Best / Worst Food

FuzzyDunlop

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

It’s by far and away the best area for food! 

Totally true and the best vibe and I don't even know why, personally not a fan of The Brothers Bar but somehow the area rises above it and gives it even that cool.

If that makes sense lol

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

My mates were raving about the Cajun place at the back end of West Holts, but every time I walked past the queues were crazy. 

Determined to get there this year. They did a surf and turf bowl which looked immense. 

I’ve promised myself a bash of that cos it looks great, and my mate also said it was amazing. I’ve walked past loads of times and thought I need to try it I don’t know why I havnt done it yet, I really want to! 

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Any good low carb recommendations? Normally my festival chow is very carb heavy, but gave all that up since the last festival! Jerk chicken would work, but I don't think I'll eat it for 5 days straight! 

Same problem for me last year. The Mezze place in The Park is a good shout. 

I also just wasn't as strict as I normally am. 

Just now, philipsteak said:

Same problem for me last year. The Mezze place in The Park is a good shout. 

I also just wasn't as strict as I normally am. 

Mezze sound good too! I might actually get something a bit more varied than pie and mash this time! 😁

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

My mates were raving about the Cajun place at the back end of West Holts, but every time I walked past the queues were crazy. 

Determined to get there this year. They did a surf and turf bowl which looked immense. 

+1 for the Cajun place by WH, the gravy was a highlight. Always a massive queue but worth the wait imho

7 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Read that as ‘incredible’ first time over and was really confused by what came after. 

Honestly, general rule of thumb I’ve found is to avoid the places around the Pyramid and Other as they tend to veer on the side of being the generic shite you get at other crap festivals. Obviously there will be exceptions, but it’s a risk I’d rather not take, although I’m aware that sometimes needs must when you’re in the vicinity.

Yes, and if it's later on in the night I highly suspect a lot of the stuff will have just been sat there for hours.

Worst i’ve had was a cheese toastie in the Park field. Proper skanky student food.

Last couple of years i’ve lived on the pizza on the left side of WH, which is excellent. (I’m bad at planning when i need to eat)

Loved Leons in WH as always. As it opens on the Tuesday it's become a bit of a tradition for me to go there on that day.  Discovered Bunnymans Bunny Chow last year and that was ace.

Most underwhelming was a veggie burger place next to Leftfield who's name escapes me but seem to recall it being pink. 

14 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Do you mean Dosa Deli? 

Dont think so. There was a place on the main path in 2022 from the Pyramid to the meeting point on the right hand side just before Williams Green beside the Churros stall.

Edit found a pic

IMG-20220701-WA0024.thumb.jpg.09279ee1502abdbf58ec809f3769e51a.jpg

Edited by The Nal

14 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Do you mean Dosa Deli? 

I had one of those for brekkie with a massive onion bhaji. Best food i had at the festival last year.

On a side note, i feel like the Park is really poor for food. Never had anything decent out of there.

Edited by Justcalledtosay

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

The peacock curry place in The Park is bang average. There isn't a long queue for a reason... Persevere with either the Mexican chili place or the meze opposite, even if the queues are triple the size. 

The mezze place is one of those that looks worse than it is, queue wise. 

In my experience they seem to get through it pretty quick

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

On a side note, i feel like the Park is really poor for food. Never had anything decent out of there.

Currently, I agree. But it used to be excellent. In the first few years it existed, there was some cracking options up there - specifically they had a Pizza place that was easily the best on site.

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

It's called Bayou and I can confirm, it's immense.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I had one of those for brekkie with a massive onion bhaji. Best food i had at the festival last year.

I used to swear by the Veggie Chili from the mexican place in The Park (big pink sign). Great value and tasted sooo nutritious. This has now been overtaken by No Bones Jones in my "ways to feel like a normal person after 4 days on the sauce", but I still think its a v decent option!

On 5/27/2024 at 11:43 AM, CanWeRest said:

There's a Cornish pasty place in the market place closest to the Pyramid Stage. I had a pasty from there and it was inedible. Not cheap either. One bite and in the bin. Tasted like fag ash, and was dry as a bone.

I read this as incredible and got excited then reread 🤣