Best / Worst Food

FuzzyDunlop

Waffles with strawberry and banana for breakfast from place near Silver Hayes.

Curry in the Hare Krishna tent sorted me out one afternoon when I was struggling a bit.

Fishfinger sandwich and crumble and custard from places by Leftfield

Didn't eat anything truly awful this time but the paella was pretty average 

I wouldnt say I actually had a bad meal and was pretty choosy about where I went going off reviews off here and recommendations.

Best thing I had was a Wood fired pizza near the Tipi Village/ Stone Circle Entrance. It was a vegan place but pizza was incredible!

Honourable mentions to Dosas (Carhenge) a Toastie place (also near Carhenge), a chinese curry and rice box i had (West Holts), 4 Samosas (next to Other stage) and a great Jerk Chicken place (next to Ribbon Tower).

If i had to pick a worst it would be a Chicken and chips place (Other stage) but that was still decent enough!  

Didn’t have a bad meal TBF. Dosa place in WG always great, especially the massive bhajis and home made chutneys. Had gyoza with cheesy rice and an stunning dipping sauce from a place at the back of Holts which was bloody good too. Upvote for Mexican Seoul near BBC intro too. Tasty AF. 

No mistakes from me, stand out was the katsu curry I had somewhere left of the park exit, maybe top of pennards. Probably nothing to write home about during the day, but middle of the night I declared it one the best things I've ever eaten

9 hours ago, MrsRookin said:

Best were probably:

- Spicy calamari and chips (I think it must have been near cabaret as that’s where I ended up eating it… amazed how you all remember where you got your food from as most details are pretty hazy for me 😳).

- Really simple humous with pitta and salad from veggie cafe in Croissant Neuf (not the one with proper crockery, the other one!) - it was exactly what I needed at that moment and was delicious.

- Goats cheese pizza from T&C (I think opposite Astrolabe perhaps 🤷‍♀️) - wasn’t hoping for much as usually festival pizza is mediocre at best, but it was actually lovely and didn’t have to wait long for it at all

Worst:

- Amazed to see so many raving about the dosa place by car henge.  I had a paneer dosa with onion bhaji - the dosa was incredibly bland and the bhaji was burnt.

- This one was my own fault and knew it would be crap when I ordered but was in a hurry so looked for the shortest queue by the Other stage. A really revolting sausage bap which was 97% fat and gristle. What a waste of a meal opportunity 😩

- Crepe from the top of the hill at Pyramid whilst waiting for Elton - all the other stalls up there were out of food and we didn’t want to chance venturing further afield and carrying food for five all through the crowd! Took the best part of an hour to get it, they told us what we initially ordered wasn’t available (but then saw them making the same thing up for others) and my “mozzarella, tomato and pesto” crepe was actually “cheddar, tomato, and such a tiny drop of pesto I couldn’t actually taste it.

Dosa Deli was one of my favourites last year, and the first place I headed this year. It was still great, but the dosa itself was not actually as nice as last year, couldn't put my finger on why, still good, but not as perfect as they can do... The Bhaji though, just as incredible as ever, by far the greatest Bhaji I've ever tasted. Shame you got a burnt one, as they really are special, but I guess that can happen any time with home made food. 

After our self cooked egg and mushroom breakfast sandwiches my best was calamari and chips, not far from WG I think. The worse was a spicy veggie bean wrap just down from Woodsies on the left; wasn't spicy and was too wet so it was a disaster to eat cleanly.

Had some excellent food as usual.

Roaming Rotisserie - always excellent and hits the spot

Salt and pepper chicken with cats curry and sticky rice near the Park - discovery of the weekend

Samosa's from Other Stage, very good.

Salt and Pepper Calamari at Other Stage.

Only had one bad meal, Wednesday lunchtime, had arrived, sat out the rain in my car, got in, tent up and was starving, a place at Bushey, sausages in a muffin. Sausages were terrible cheap ones and the muffin was very dry.