The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking at the doom laden weather forecast heading our way we are sorely tempted to head down to sunny Somerset, climb the Tor, visit Pilton for a meal in the crown, a wander round the site and stroll through Glastonbury town. 

I’d imagine some beautiful sunsets in the area as we are due a bit more of that Saharan dust 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking at the doom laden weather forecast heading our way we are sorely tempted to head down to sunny Somerset, climb the Tor, visit Pilton for a meal in the crown, a wander round the site and stroll through Glastonbury town. 

did you decide to head south ? looks grim up there 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

oh shite ... can you sandbag the gate ? or would that make no difference ? 

Fortunately if it gets any higher it floods over the opposite bank into the trees and field. Never had any issues with it. I then wander over there and pretend I’m in the Somerset Levels.

• Like 1

four or five inches of rain predicted for scotland on friday: that'll be, er, nice. You look like you've had enough up there!

Just the two inches predicted down here in sussex, and i'm stewarding the Beachy head marathon on saturday which will be a lovely day in mud, rain and sideways wind! 

On 10/7/2023 at 6:26 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Enjoy the BBQ, we’ve gone one further than a replacement bus service and instead have a replacement boat service😉

IMG_1014.jpeg

Had a sense of Dejavu when I saw our local station earlier... Remember why now.

image.thumb.jpeg.78f4d1a848b0063b24db1de02f10c31b.jpeg

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's going to be disgustingly horrendous boggy weather next year. Seriously, don't worry yourself with trying to get tickets because they're only going to have to cancel it. Definitely don't bother in the ticket sales. Pointless

Exactly, even it isn’t cancelled trench foot is a painful hard to cure extremely nasty condition. 

• Like 1

As much as I'd hate another 2016 (the last time the wife went) we probably need a couple of boggy ones to thin out the insta crowd.

Weirdly wasn't Glasto one of the few totally dry festivals in the UK last year, I d remember a lot being delayed/cancelled due to the weather later on in the year, and I personally got soaked at several outdoor gigs in the summer.

I'm getting old and I don't do "hot" very well so a low 20's with occasional showers suits me fine. 

Fortunately its not too bad here at the moment, flood warnings everywhere but no major flooding, been raining most of the day but only a few inches worth, which seems to be draining away OK. The view from the Glasto webcam looked grim.