Elton bloody John 🚀

William Mann

22 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yeah, but I suspect that a whole bunch would have seen them recently if they did it. 

I.e. 3 shows at Etihad, 3 at Wembley then the Festival.

Elton had "last ever UK gig" as a draw, even if you'd seen him recently.

Yeah that’s why it’d have to be early doors, or even as the first massive comeback show.

If (as is more realistic) they did it second year of the reunion after a dozen or so Stadium shows it’d be more of a standard headline set.

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The guy that did his own tune pissed me off, I wont lie.

The other guests, were good. Even if I didnt know who 2 of them were. 

Some random doing his own tune. Not for me clive.

^ me when Bruce came on during Macca's set last year

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I didnt mind him there... but do a Macca tune!

Bruce playing that tune with Macca last year was one of my favourite Glastonbury moments.

Im a big Springsteen fan and Glory Days is one of my favourite songs so I turned into a proper teenage fan girl (I’m male btw 😂) when he came out and played that with Macca.

On 6/29/2023 at 5:59 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

If assume that that was at Macca's insistence rather than at Bruce's.

Likewise Stephen Sanchez or whatever his name is would hardly be demanding Elton let him do his own stuff.

Exactly this. Bruce had done Glory Days at one of Maccas US shows, and there’s no way anyone on stage during either of the Macca or Elton headlining sets was doing anything that wasn’t Macca or Elton’s idea.

Objectively it was great, an absolute worldie and a pinnacle moment in the festivals history.

Subjectively I enjoyed it but it’s only B Tier personally. I was too far back and it was too quiet. Enjoyed GNR more due to being much closer.

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Objectively it was great, an absolute worldie and a pinnacle moment in the festivals history.

Subjectively I enjoyed it but it’s only B Tier personally. I was too far back and it was too quiet. Enjoyed GNR more due to being much closer.

Think that matches my experience pretty closely. Except the last line. I mean I enjoyed GNR but not more than Elton

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We've yet to see what sort of setlist Madonna thinks is actually suitable for a greatest hits show.

100% I agree. 

But, if the setlist is right & she’s on form, she could absolutely smash it & be up there with the best headliner sets ever…

If the setlist is full of reworked dance versions and snippets of ‘hits’ then it has potential to be one of the biggest disappointments ever. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly