List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

18 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I only listen  to one show on there (Crunch & Crumble on a Sunday morning. Barely a radio show tbh) and those flags were making me reconsider that. 

If it's about the Crumble Shack then now you're talking...

On 7/2/2023 at 2:24 AM, O'Doyle Rules said:

They’ve had 50+ years to perfect it, but my god the festival gets nearly everything right. Even a gripe you have for a year - good chance it’s solved next festival. Hats off to everyone involved with basically making me have the best week of my life every single year.

I said this to my partner wandering around a bit emotional and reflective Saturday night, for a festival of its stature and different elements to it, nothing to really moan about IMO, like you said any little niggles when I have had them, like last year are often resolved the next. I couldn’t pick anything this year that I felt strongly enough to moan about to be honest. Been to far far worse smaller festivals, glastonbury actually gives you the vibe that they care about you and your welfare, it isn’t just a feeling of corner cutting to make as much money as possible, that’s not the whole premise of the festival and you feel that. 

On 7/2/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ryan1984 said:

Flares need to be banned. Properly. Not just in the Ts and Cs. Zero tolerance on them as so dangerous.

I posted this on here last year but I got chatting to the pit boss at the Other last year and they’d had a couple of security with burn injuries from handling pyro - it was their biggest concern, moreso than crushes or other impact injuries. People who have seen someone with a smoke stick on tv and buy a distress flare off eBay and have no idea what they’re doing with it, sat on someone’s shoulders in a dense crowd. Someone is going to end up seriously injured at some point

5 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I posted this on here last year but I got chatting to the pit boss at the Other last year and they’d had a couple of security with burn injuries from handling pyro - it was their biggest concern, moreso than crushes or other impact injuries. People who have seen someone with a smoke stick on tv and buy a distress flare off eBay and have no idea what they’re doing with it, sat on someone’s shoulders in a dense crowd. Someone is going to end up seriously injured at some point

We saw a security guard burn themself during Fred Again while walking through the crowd with one

On 6/29/2023 at 6:17 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Short of introducing a dedicated pen for families I dunno if there's anywhere that's guaranteed to be problem free for toddlers / pram in a crowd of 120k people.

Said over in the Row Mead thread that this is what that area should become.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:40 AM, Ryan1984 said:

Flares need to be banned. Properly. Not just in the Ts and Cs. Zero tolerance on them as so dangerous.

f**k that, flares are part of the atmosphere, one of the best things about seeing a big act at the Pyramid at night are the flares and flags. 

The only thing that saved the AM's flat performance for me was being surrounded by flares haha. 

Edited by Xeph1995

2 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

f**k that, flares are part of the atmosphere, one of the best things about seeing a big act at the Pyramid at night are the flares and flags. 

Agree as long as they're "smoke sticks" not "distress fares". Well apart from the flags, they're annoying and 99.9% of them are crap.

Don't know the proper terms.

Edited by Skip997

Was sadly just watching on TV this year and two things jumped out at me:

- XFM flags

- Non-entities getting helicopters to/from Soho Farmhouse and the site. SUCH a bad look for a festival so genuinely concerned about its environmental impact.

- Glamping between the Other and Pyramid Stages. Couldn't quite believe how big this area was, and I swear it's not been there before. Couldn't immediately work out what this was from the TV, but listening to various podcasts this week, it seems to have been a private glamping area for minor celebrities. A good use of space in a festival that is increasingly in need of more? Probably not.

The helicopters can’t be stopped, unless we get some kind of anti-aircraft battery out in up by Row Mead. Many of them don’t land on the festival site but on adjacent farms - and if the festival did ban them, that’s where they’d go instead.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Interstage hospitality camping has been there for aeons, no?

It looked larger/more noticeable from TV coverage this year. I don't remember seeing that large a concentration of tipis in that space in previous years' aerial shots, but could just be misremembering.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Interstage hospitality camping has been there for aeons, no?

Yep, and it used to (meaning up to approx 15 years ago) take up a much higher percentage of Interstage. Back then the "pitch your own" hospitality camping was there as well as whatever glamping options.