Isle of Wight 2024

galbani

On 11/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, jonnytee1 said:

Rock Werchter and Mad Cool are good starting festivals. 

Second this 👆 I did Friday and Saturday of Mad Cool this year for the first time. Great fun. QOTSA were brilliant. RHCP were good. Liam was quality. Flow of poeple inside was a bit mental between acts, no real organisation. And the walk from the metro station was looooong. Disn't start until 6pm each day, which was good because the weather was mentally hot.

On 11/23/2023 at 8:46 PM, Steeeeve71 said:

Second this 👆 I did Friday and Saturday of Mad Cool this year for the first time. Great fun. QOTSA were brilliant. RHCP were good. Liam was quality. Flow of poeple inside was a bit mental between acts, no real organisation. And the walk from the metro station was looooong. Disn't start until 6pm each day, which was good because the weather was mentally hot.

Mad cool moved venues last year, it took a year or two for the old venue to become great. It will evolve but one thing is for sure - the line up will be amazing  - it always is 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 11:45 AM, gfa said:

If you book too close to the fest the ferries become extortionate - can hit close to £100 each return in a car + petrol etc

I had a look due to being possibly interested in a day ticket for GD day, and that's already topping £100 for the ferry thanks to the Monday being very pricey already.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, foolee said:

Do they usually add day tickets at a later date? Doesn’t look like they’re selling them at the minute. 

Yes they do

On 1/4/2024 at 10:39 AM, foolee said:

Do they usually add day tickets at a later date? Doesn’t look like they’re selling them at the minute. 

They've been offered in the past, given I considered doing it for Muse 2 years ago and I know people who've done it for The Killers in the past, but clearly I incorrectly thought they were on sale.

Must be up for sale later on down the line, as @gfa said in the post above.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:52 AM, maelzoid said:

Foot passenger on the ferry is way cheaper. There's also the hovercraft. A bit more hassle island side, but there's buses from Ryde down to Newport fairly regularly, and even a taxi would be cheaper than getting a car over, but taxis are  tough to find on fest weekend.

Interesting. I guess tbf there's also the question of where on the mainland do I park my vehicle. Though presumably a big city like Southampton or Portsmouth has 24-hour parking garages available.

4 minutes ago, stanh said:

Not super recent, but for the 2022 festival day tickets went on sale in early October 2021.

Thank you! Makes me wonder if they’re gonna bother with day tickets for next year. I hope so as I really fancy that Sunday. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:15 AM, sisco said:

Sure you all know but Scouting for Girls are the Thursday Big Top Header, Suede the Saturday and Jo Whiley the Sunday

The Pet Shop Boys/Suede clash is annoying and more than a little thoughtless - there is HUGE crossover between the two fanbases. Neil Tennant has guested live with Suede, including doing vocals on a version of Rent that ended up as a Suede B-side.

I imagine they’d probably have fancied watching one another’s sets from the side of the stage too - they’re huge fans of one another’s work.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 12:33 PM, dillonstandard said:

The Pet Shop Boys/Suede clash is annoying and more than a little thoughtless - there is HUGE crossover between the two fanbases. Neil Tennant has guested live with Suede, including doing vocals on a version of Rent that ended up as a Suede B-side.

I imagine they’d probably have fancied watching one another’s sets from the side of the stage too - they’re huge fans of one another’s work.

wont suede start 5 minutes after pet shop boys. eg the human league and pulp last year.

Lineup for this looks great. It’s such a dilemma — I’ve booked my hotel for the week before at Download, but feel so tempted to just cancel that and go IoW. 

They could do with adding a few more upcoming bands though. Though The K’s are a good choice.

15 hours ago, LMP said:

Lineup for this looks great. It’s such a dilemma — I’ve booked my hotel for the week before at Download, but feel so tempted to just cancel that and go IoW. 

They could do with adding a few more upcoming bands though. Though The K’s are a good choice.

I'm not sure if you've been before but future additions will be a lot more upcoming than established. There are a decent amount of smaller stages that have bands on the rise (and a couple that are mainly cover bands/genre DJs).

All of the acts announced so far are on the top 2 of around 10 live stages.