Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

Don’t believe the festival has ever gone more than 5 months without even one new name being revealed before.

The lineup announcement feels like an eternity ago. 

to be fair, before like 2019 it was rather unusual to have the lineup out this early.

The entirety of the booking process has shifted to much earlier after Covid and when you announced the poster in November for 2017 or so, there had to be a few acts you were still in negotiations with, whilst nowadays, by November you'll only sort out small things in booking terms.

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

to be fair, before like 2019 it was rather unusual to have the lineup out this early.

The entirety of the booking process has shifted to much earlier after Covid and when you announced the poster in November for 2017 or so, there had to be a few acts you were still in negotiations with, whilst nowadays, by November you'll only sort out small things in booking terms.

You’re completely right. It wasn’t a criticism, just an observation.

14 hours ago, pipan said:

I just remember not reserving tickets for Japanese Breakfast and later, after the timetable release (where Japanese Breakfast clashed with Cavetown and The Delgados), finding out that the tickets are no longer available.

So that's why I know that the timetable was released after the reservations started (even though now it looks like it was really only a few hours later).

Luckily, I was able to reserve the tickets few days after that and Japanese Breakfast were one of the highlights of last year's edition.

I was not able to attend the Japanese Breakfast concert “a la ciutat” either, but I must admit that we were treated to another bonus performance.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-02 at 12.16.11.jpeg

17 hours ago, MKBAB said:

Which ones? 

Also, Slayyyter has been announced at Mighty Hoopla the same weekend. She's doing the same music as Kim Petras.

I saw Slayyyter earlier this year and it was a very fun show where I felt positively ancient compared to the rest of the audience (dammit, I'm not even 40 yet!). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I think we are getting line ups on Sat alongside the price change to encourage some VIP purchases to secure Ciutat tix on the Monday

think they have never announced anything on weekend but fingers crossed 

would like to believe that we will have some kind of  announcement related whit the lineup before next Friday, if not, why increase the prices on Saturday? It certainly won't be the schedules but... 

Edited by diancieprince

5 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

would like to believe that we will have some kind of  announcement related whit the lineup before next Friday, if not, why increase the prices on Saturday? It certainly won't be the schedules but... 

They do not increase the prices on saturday, but the current price is valid through Friday 23:59. Same thing in practice, but they did not chose a Saturday to increase prices, but this week as the last one to buy at the current price

• Upvote 1

true but they equally could have set Sunday 23:59 as that last price point.

I'm just not sure as to the logic of the price hike at all if not to alleviate some form of FOMO for anyone waiting to the death, which in my mind could only be achieved by the realisation of a clash, leading to a need to see one of those clashees in ciutat, or a newly added act.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it though

New post from Primavera Sound announcing the price change (like 3 in less than a month and a lot of publicity). It's turning out to be a really aggressive campaign wonder if many people will actually buy their passes at this point... planning your stay, booking accommodation, transportation to barcelona... I simply see it as madness besides, there's a big resale market for tickets right now

Do you think they are having problems selling full passes?

Edited by diancieprince

7 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

New post from Primavera Sound announcing the price change (like 3 in less than a month and a lot of publicity). It's turning out to be a really aggressive campaign wonder if many people will actually buy their passes at this point... planning your stay, booking accommodation, transportation to barcelona... I simply see it as madness besides, there's a big resale market for tickets right now

Not really. 

There's always a big resale market for tickets. This is just social media people doing their job sending reminders out etc.

17 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

it doesn't feel more aggressive than previous years to me, just the regular PR as always.

and keep in mind that about half of the crowd (if I recall correctly what Gabi said in the past) are locals that don't need to care about accommodations and flights

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, it used to be 80% locals, 20% foreigners but now it's about an even split. A lot of people local will decide last minute.

and presumably (based on how it felt to me last year) less locals for the first night?

• Upvote 1

Hey folks, quick question cause I don't remember last years procedure: A friend of mine is coming along, but her ticket is linked to my smartphones AccessApp since she doesn't have one. Unfortunately, we won't be able to meet before the Ciutat show goes on sale, so her ticket can't be validated until then.

1. Do you remember how many tickets one could purchase per ticket in the AccessApp for each Ciutat show? Just one per ticket or was there no regulation on that?
2. Is there any information on whether the tickets need to be validated to purchase the Ciutat tickets?
3. See you in the pit at Military Gun. Cheers!

36 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Hey folks, quick question cause I don't remember last years procedure: A friend of mine is coming along, but her ticket is linked to my smartphones AccessApp since she doesn't have one. Unfortunately, we won't be able to meet before the Ciutat show goes on sale, so her ticket can't be validated until then.

1. Do you remember how many tickets one could purchase per ticket in the AccessApp for each Ciutat show? Just one per ticket or was there no regulation on that?
2. Is there any information on whether the tickets need to be validated to purchase the Ciutat tickets?
3. See you in the pit at Military Gun. Cheers!

Your ticket has to be validated on accessticket I'm pretty sure.

All your questions will probably be answered somewhere on here https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/reservations-information

Edited by scatteredscreens