Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

On 4/8/2024 at 11:25 AM, chilirocker said:

Surprise Nick Cave solo show on the Thursday?

IMG_9592.png

Having him every two years (or rather editions) seems excessive, especially considering he'd be a contender for 2025 with a new album.

Also, he'd have to play Auditori and i don't think there is room for that. I think its highly unlikely unless they pull a type of Matinee show in a venue in the city, like they did in the other Auditori with Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein in 2016

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chilirocker said:

This is the cringiest thing I’ve ever seen in the marketing of this festival - they must be really struggling:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5lbfveLyzA/?igsh=Ym54OHl1MWdkc2w5

He's the most influential music critic/persona/whatever, plus his music tastes align pretty closely with this festival.

This is just a normal part of marketing these days, whether people like it or not. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

He's the most influential music critic/persona/whatever, plus his music tastes align pretty closely with this festival.

This is just a normal part of marketing these days, whether people like it or not. 

Yeah it just seems like logical marketing

7 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Having him every two years (or rather editions) seems excessive, especially considering he'd be a contender for 2025 with a new album.

Also, he'd have to play Auditori and i don't think there is room for that. I think its highly unlikely unless they pull a type of Matinee show in a venue in the city, like they did in the other Auditori with Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein in 2016

Actually, it was 2018. That year we only had the Auditori for Wednesday and Thursday. So they used the other auditorium for those shows (like 14h00) on Friday and Saturday.

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Beth Gibbons. Auditori or not auditori?

I reckon she might be elsewhere.

William Basinski, Lambchop are dead certs for Auditori.

HTRK and Space Afrika (cancelled now but think there will be a similar level replacement) could also be in there. 

That fills it up to four and i think there were only 4 acts in Auditori last year from clashfinders?

32 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I reckon she might be elsewhere.

William Basinski, Lambchop are dead certs for Auditori.

HTRK and Space Afrika (cancelled now but think there will be a similar level replacement) could also be in there. 

That fills it up to four and i think there were only 4 acts in Auditori last year from clashfinders?

Yeah, certainly never more than 4. And agree with you on WB (confirmed actually) and LC.

Edited by xxialac

Auditori slots are very clear for me this year: 

William Basinski: Desintegration Loops (confirmed),  HTRK and Lambchop for Tuesday 

Charlemagne Palestine, Joanna Sternberg, Tirzha (was in the auditori in 2019 plus the set up of her new show match very well with a interior stage) and Lanark Artefax (similar to Evian Christ AV show in 2022)

Nala Sineprho, Wolf Eyes (they already have announced auditori shows in their current tour), shabaka and lankum 

Other potential names could be eartheater or Chelsea Wolf even though don’t see it as a real thing 

Space afrika cancelled but they were wharehouse stage material for sure. Beth Gibbons is headlining and is pretty big, she will be in cupra or mordor early afternoon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Still obviously a chance for Beth, but I think she could be doing Cupra or something

second release from her new album (Reaching Out) is also an absolute belter. Auditori would be perfect for this but given the quality of the new material, demand will be too high for the limited capacity 

• Upvote 1