Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

39 minutes ago, frankburns said:

Slowdive will play festivals all over Europe but there is still no date in Spain. Primavera-weekend would fit nicely in their tour-itinerary. So, I'm still hoping...

Hmm, they played Spain last month. Box ticked I think...

But we will get a few new names for sure.

2 hours ago, frankburns said:

Slowdive will play festivals all over Europe but there is still no date in Spain. Primavera-weekend would fit nicely in their tour-itinerary. So, I'm still hoping...

For what it is worth, a few months ago I got to speak to someone in a working relationship with the band, and was told they want to take it easy these days, playing less shows rather than more.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

But we will get a few new names for sure.

I dont think so. The fact that they put out more Friday tickets shows that they gave up on selling out the full tickets. You dont do that when you have more names up your sleeve.

We'll get small electronic names, and replacement if FKA twigs cancels, I dont expect anything more

We’ll get a few more names for sure as Twigs won’t be the only cancellation. There have always been a few cancellations.

Plus I believe there will be a name or two added seemingly at random but presumably as only possible to agree a contract with them recently. This appears to happen most years.

We might even get Hidden back too if they have found a new sponsor. Unlikely but possible.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

We’ll get a few more names for sure as Twigs won’t be the only cancellation. There have always been a few cancellations.

Plus I believe there will be a name or two added seemingly at random but presumably as only possible to agree a contract with them recently. This appears to happen most years.

We might even get Hidden back too if they have found a new sponsor. Unlikely but possible.

Cancelations- of course, but im puting this aside, its not new names, its replacements.

And new electronic/small special stages can happen, but these are smaller names.

I dont see them adding Slowdive-level act, definitely not New Order. Why give up on full festival tickets if you have that? You can always free more Friday tickets after they are released 

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, BenjoDiMeo said:

For what it is worth, a few months ago I got to speak to someone in a working relationship with the band, and was told they want to take it easy these days, playing less shows rather than more.

Weirdest absence of them all tbh. I am not saying that they would have shifted tickets that much. However, it's weird that the festival booking them since the reunion every time they were available didn't do it when they are around in that precise time with a new record. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Weirdest absence of them all tbh. I am not saying that they would have shifted tickets that much. However, it's weird that the festival booking them since the reunion every time they were available didn't do it when they are around in that precise time with a new record. 

They did book them, just in February instead of June. For people living in Barcelona, it makes sense that not every show in the city is in June.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ibo said:

They might be the band which is not revealed yet on the city show 👀 

Would be too small to justify the attempted cover-up.

Plus it definitely doesn't say Slowdive and you can see pretty clearly the sequence of N-A-T-I-O (especially the N, A, T and O)

image.png.7344e64ec58cfffba2c6a50fe50cc765.png

• Upvote 1

Primavera Sound 2024 without Slowdive would not make any sense to me. Since their comeback at Primavera Sound 2014, this band has become one of THE bands of the festival. Now, with a new record and around at the time, I can't image them not playing... It would be the 10 years birthday show since the comeback. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The obsession with Slowdive playing this festival is absolutely bizarre. They've done some pretty wide reaching tours in the US/UK/Europe recently, plenty of opportunities to see them, will be better than on an outdoor stage at a festival too.

Not obsessed at all. It just happens that they do every festival that time of the year besides primavera. Assuming the relationship between the band and the festival must be absolutely positive, it’s just surprising. I don’t think they could have had them for free but I don’t think it would have ruined primavera to book them if they were available 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, xxialac said:

Would be too small to justify the attempted cover-up.

Plus it definitely doesn't say Slowdive and you can see pretty clearly the sequence of N-A-T-I-O (especially the N, A, T and O)

image.png.7344e64ec58cfffba2c6a50fe50cc765.png

The National just played High Violet in full in Australia. Imagine if the Ciutat Wednesday gets that too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Slowdive are playing a July festival in Spain still pending to announce them (and several bands). Let's move on, please.

Which one ? I’m still trying to organise myself 

would like to see them 

Just woke up not to great news. 
My flight from Birmingham has been cancelled and after a quick panic look, it doesn’t appear I’ve a direct flight from there on the day I want.  Need to look into it more, but this is really concerning for me as I might have to completely cancel 😭

45 minutes ago, Matt1976 said:

Just woke up not to great news. 
My flight from Birmingham has been cancelled and after a quick panic look, it doesn’t appear I’ve a direct flight from there on the day I want.  Need to look into it more, but this is really concerning for me as I might have to completely cancel 😭

Which day are you flying out?  You can fly to Reus from Birmingham.  Or Madrid and get the train.