Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I actually would have loved Labrinth, Teezo Touchdown, Ryan Beatty, Carly Rae Jepsen, Doechii, Tyla, Bakar, Victoria Monet, Kevin Abstract, Saint Levan, Elyanna from this line up at Primavera. I hope they will do festivals in Europe this summer. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

Coachella had been waiting on No Doubt. Hilarious!

To be fair this is not as bad as the other US fests, but Coachella had much stronger years. Its rather hard for me to judge the rather large impact of Reggaeton and Latin Trap acts, because I have no way of saying anything about their quality but it is simply underwhelming in other aspects. No surprise like Jai Paul last year and No Doubt isn't exactly the Reunion I personally was waiting for.

Also, the headliners just are not on the level of 2023, judging by size, even if I personally would prefer Lana and Tyler

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

Coachella had been waiting on No Doubt. Hilarious!

Nothing to get my pulse racing there. The good acts have been touring on and off in the last few years and there's plenty of bad to balance them out. I wasn't exactly heading there anyway, but it's always worth keeping an eye in case of a Jai Paul ish surprise. Nada this time out. 

Jesus that line up is embarassing.

I know the Primavera line up isn't to everyone's taste but even having been in 2022 (Which has a lot of overlap with this line up) I know which fest I'd rather be going to. 

Just slightly worried about the Glasto line up being pants after seeing what Coachella have brought to the table.

2 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

It seems like every band filled their wheelbarrows with touring cash as soon as pandemic ended and we are left with a situation where everyone is taking a rest at the same time.

Every festival has an asterisk of mediocrity beside it for me this year.

Not a rest, but a lot of artists that could do festivals, prefer to do solo tours to generate more money, the likes of: Taylor Swift, Paramore, Olivia Rodrigo, Drake, Danny Brown, Karol G, Bad Bunny, Drake and many many others. These type of artists some years ago would be headliners at festivals, now they don't do festivals. It's a hard task to find headliners now. 

23 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Any reason as to the wait that you can think of?

Yeah, to torture us. That or a problem with one of the venues they were planning on using. Sounds like Razzmatazz is out this year and I doubt they can use Poble Espanol.

Well they responded to a comment on instagram, on a recent post, saying that they will release it "very very soon". Also Gabi said it will release late January, so we can expect it any day now, at most by the end of the next week I think.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, to torture us. That or a problem with one of the venues they were planning on using. Sounds like Razzmatazz is out this year and I doubt they can use Poble Espanol.

I would be happy to blame that slowidive main fest add-on someone was speculating on some pages ago. Now Barcelona it's sold out so that theory will be proved right/wrong soon

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

There's no way all the time delay is just because of one band (let alone that one band being Slowdive). 

Why not? Ciutat is free and it’s not part of the weekend. Being part of a group who comes from abroad I can tell you most of the people coming to PS doesnt care much about ciutat 

23 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Why not? Ciutat is free and it’s not part of the weekend. Being part of a group who comes from abroad I can tell you most of the people coming to PS doesnt care much about ciutat 

You can say people don't care about it but in 2022 it was ABSOLUTELY RAMMED.