Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, Kusy said:

Geez. I know that there is more than meets the eye when booking, but how could they not grab things like DCFC, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem and Jane's Addiction as they tour Europe? 

There has not been a single edition of Primavera where there haven’t been other suitable bands that they haven’t ended up booking.

There are tour routings to consider, cost factors and above all they simply cannot book all the bands that please everyone - show me the festival that does! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There has not been a single edition of Primavera where there haven’t been other suitable bands that they haven’t ended up booking.

There are tour routings to consider, cost factors and above all they simply cannot book all the bands that please everyone - show me the festival that does! 

Yeah, I get all of that, but all that I'm saying is with a little more effort - and Primavera has the resources to do that - they could book Massive Attack or LCD instead of The National and Roisin Murphy. 

Of course I'm gonna have a great time and will see The National as they are given, but you know: if there is a rare band out there I would like to get them in the lineup. Maybe Primavera tired to book them, maybe no, we will never know. The poster is good to be honest. 

It's just a slight disappointment that the lineup could be even more interesting (of course, this is my subjective opinion 😉 )

I think he never was. IIRC, they just said something like he had only 10 shows in his carreer or that this will be his tenth concert in history or something like that - so yeah, "exclusivity" was definitely implied, but not in the sense that he's not going to be anywhere else (but still, I don't think there will be many chances to see him next year).

Edited by pipan

16 minutes ago, pipan said:

I think he never was. IIRC, they just said something like he had only 10 shows in his carreer or that this will be his tenth concert in history or something like that - so yeah, "exclusivity" was definitely implied, but not in the sense that he's not going to be anywhere else (but still, I don't think there will be many chances to see him next year).

Primavera’s booker said it was his “only EU + UK show in 2024” on insta

I like the primavera line up as always but we have to reckon this year the gap with some other competitors has shortened. In my group of friends the situation is the following: 

- me and other ps aficionados who would go to ps anyway because the curatorial sense is on another level regardless of who’s playing 

- casualgoers who are happy because either they like Lana or they just want to party and do not care about who’s playing

- music fans who have already been to primavera several times but saw mostly the headliners who are now tempted by other festivals who have massive attack lcd slowdive and the smile. 

more mainstream crowd/vibe this year, despite no Calvin Harris?

20 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

- music fans who have already been to primavera several times but saw mostly the headliners who are now tempted by other festivals who have massive attack lcd slowdive and the smile. 

The one that really fits that description really is Rock En Seine. Which has far, fewer stages and much shorter day (the last act finishes at midnight) and by all accounts huge queues and disorganised.

And surely can't compare to Parc El Forum and Barcelona's special Mediterranean setting.

Horses for courses but for me a music festival is so much more than its headliners. 

Edited by xxialac

13 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I like the primavera line up as always but we have to reckon this year the gap with some other competitors has shortened. In my group of friends the situation is the following: 

- me and other ps aficionados who would go to ps anyway because the curatorial sense is on another level regardless of who’s playing 

- casualgoers who are happy because either they like Lana or they just want to party and do not care about who’s playing

more mainstream crowd/vibe this year, despite no Calvin Harris?

I'm another type: Bought the early bird and booked the hotel back in summer, so a bit lazy to sell it all. Not my favorite lineup, but after seeing the  competition I think the only festivals that can compete with this are LCD and NorthSide, and still I prefer Primaverra. Let's see how's it going to look in 3 months when all the lineups will be out.

Last year tickets for All Points East were more like £90 with booking fees etc no? 

There was a day I was looking at last year and thought it’ll depend on the weather on the day and when I checked the price I was like no thanks. 

Edited by ibo

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

so easy to get a cheap ticket for APE for so many years now you'd be silly to pay money tbh

Not sure how easy. Never won any ticket (there was a scam website last year). It might be easy for those already in London, but not so easy if you need to organise travel. I did indeed find it would be silly to pay 100 quids, though, so I did skip in the end.

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Do they have a like weekend pass?

They never did. 
it’s day pass festival only. 
one year indeed (not last year but I think 2019 or 2022) they even gave free tickets for customers of O2 (phone) 

it was the year when Mumford and sons was one of the headliners. I took 2 free tickets for each day and gave them to my mates who live in London. 
i wasn’t bothered with the line up that year. 

last year though I wanted to go for 1 day and didn’t manage to get / find cheaper tickets.