Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

25 minutes ago, activean said:

Never done Primavera before, it is on my "i hope maybe one day" list.

If i decided to go and buy tickets now, how much would a sleeping on a budget cost me roughly, what are the options for 2 persons? Are there any big extra expenses, like going to/off festival site etc? 

No you can take the metro to get to the festival site and back.

Two people at this time is rough for lodging, cheapest option is to share an apartment rental/Airbnb with a group. I would take a look ASAP at hotels in BCN, ideally around the Playa Catalunya since there's a free bus from the festival site that goes back there every night.

29 minutes ago, activean said:

Never done Primavera before, it is on my "i hope maybe one day" list.

If i decided to go and buy tickets now, how much would a sleeping on a budget cost me roughly, what are the options for 2 persons? Are there any big extra expenses, like going to/off festival site etc? 

Travelodge Poblenou probably the best option I've seen, £600 for 4 nights and it's walkable. Food and drink is pretty reasonable in Barcelona depending on where you go.

Edited by DDave

6 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

No you can take the metro to get to the festival site and back.

Two people at this time is rough for lodging, cheapest option is to share an apartment rental/Airbnb with a group. I would take a look ASAP at hotels in BCN, ideally around the Playa Catalunya since there's a free bus from the festival site that goes back there every night.

Worth bearing in mind you cant get the metro back on thurs or fri unless you stay out until around 5am

I think its only a 24hr service on the saturday

Never tried the buses, usually stay poblenou and walk but its still kinda far when youre knackered end of night. 

Staying near the forum is the best but comes with a silly price tag and you need to book 11-12 months in advance. Our friends do it but its their main luxury of the year.

you will likely find it really hard and expensive to get a taxi home too. 

Edited by Memory Man

12 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Worth bearing in mind you cant get the metro back on thurs or fri unless you stay out until around 5am

I think its only a 24hr service on the saturday

Never tried the buses, usually stay poblenou and walk but its still kinda far when youre knackered end of night. 

Staying near the forum is the best but comes with a silly price tag and you need to book 11-12 months in advance. Our friends do it but its their main luxury of the year.

you will likely find it really hard and expensive to get a taxi home too. 

Don't mess about with taxis or buses. And walking is a chore at 4am.

The dream ticket is to get a hotel on the tram stop e.g. Glories which is cheaper than Poblenou that weekend. Trams are 24hrs.

Plus the city is a building site as they are in the process of extending the tram which used to go no further west than Glories and have it run up along Diagonal and now past Sagrada Familia/Passeig de San Joan way to (I think) as far as Passeig de Gracia. Think it will be open (just about) in time for PS24.

Really hard to make predictions, because PS is always good for some surprises. Also it’s difficult to estimate correctly the size of a band inside the Line Up. 

A try:

Bad Bunny - FKA Twigs - Haim - Lana del Ray - Mitski - PJ Harvey - Pulp - SZA - The National - Travis Scott

Air - Bat for lashes - Belle&Sebastian - Bikini kill - DIIV - DJ Koze - Explosions in the sky - Floating points - Fontaines DC - Four tet - Future Islands - Idles - James Blake - Janes Addiction  - Jungle - Kali Uchis - Kurt Vile - Nelly Furtado - Peggy Gou - Romy - Skepta - Slowdive - The Smile - The Walkmen - Underworld 

12 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Swear we get this rumour every year that it's going to be an 'old school' line up, in the end it's always the same, a mix of old and new with some acts for the nerds and some more mainstream acts.

And this worked perfectly for me in both post-covid Primaveras, so let's hope they don't change the formula too much.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Yeah, they’re wrongfully using your local timezone for the countdown LOL. It’ll be 9am UK, 10am Spain.

That's a bit too early to drop the lineup no? As far as I remember it was always coming in the afternoon and the earliest is like like 12PM spanish time. But hopefully it comes at 10AM Spanish time, the earlier the better, don't want to be shocked during lunch 

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

That's a bit too early to drop the lineup no? As far as I remember it was always coming in the afternoon and the earliest is like like 12PM spanish time. But hopefully it comes at 10AM Spanish time, the earlier the better, don't want to be shocked during lunch 

If the act that holds the announcement back, announces their tour at 10, it doesn't make sense for PS to wait