Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

They did European festivals in May/June and also in August in 2016. I think they'll be there. 

I selfishly would like a new LCD soundsystem before they played again, I've seen them enough recently where I wouldn't want them hogging a headline slot without a new album under their belt.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

People are asking Primavera on their today post on Twitter and Instagram if the post is connected to the lineup reveal, and Primavera Team just replies with curious emojis. Usually they wouldn’t even reply to that type of comments. I guess something is really coming either tomorrow or next week. 

Would love it if they dropped Tool with a few smaller names and then announced that the rest is coming soon. 

36 minutes ago, foolee said:

Would love it if they dropped Tool with a few smaller names and then announced that the rest is coming soon. 

I personally hope they don't move away from the whole line up drop in the past. I think if they want to announce Tool as part of a wider tour then that's fine to just drop as a standalone act like Depeche Mode. I like having the whole thing dropped in one big hit instead of it drip fed like other fests.

• Like 4

I don't get the hype around Tool. Don't get me wrong, they're great, i've seen them live multiple times, but they tour a lot and have no new material. It's old, and Maynard stays at the back of the stage.. Listen to them in your car and catch a stadium tour performance when they're in your city. I'd take another Puscifer mid-day sunset set over tool any day - additionally, do you think they could fill the festival grounds with people? A good portion of the lineup would need to hinge on and play to their booking. You cant have a bunch of artists and then TOOL randomly because they're legends. 

I think we'll see Orbital, Siouxsie Sioux, Pj Harvey, Underworld, Roisin Murphy, Vicious Pink, The Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala (again), Arctic Monkeys (again), Sufjan Stevens, Boygenius, Devendra Banhart, Sleeter Kinney, Chelsea Wolf, Fever Ray, Mannequin Pussy, Kylie Minogue, Ministry, Kali Uchis (again), Ty Segall, Flying Lotus, Pussy Riot, Dj Shadow (again), LCD Soundsystem (again)

Feeling 2016 vibes but 50/50 new normal booking 

Edited by Zinski

6 hours ago, Zinski said:

I don't get the hype around Tool. Don't get me wrong, they're great, i've seen them live multiple times, but they tour a lot and have no new material.

I'm from Italy and they only came here twice in their whole history (2006 and 2019). After 2019 tour they released an album and only had one European Tour in Spring 2022 with no Italy, Spain or Portugal shows. And before 2019 they hadn't played in Europe for over a decade.

If there's an active band who "tours a lot", they're not Tool, at least not in Italy or Spain.

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I'm from Italy and they only came here twice in their whole history (2006 and 2019). After 2019 tour they released an album and only had one European Tour in Spring 2022 with no Italy, Spain or Portugal shows. And before 2019 they hadn't played in Europe for over a decade.

If there's an active band who "tours a lot", they're not Tool, at least not in Italy or Spain.

Yeah they haven't played Europe between the last two albums, but since then they have toured here relatively often. For a headline-sized band playing every other year (considering covid) is quite often.

Maybe southern European promoters were not booking them for shows, because of the high ticket prices in relation to local purchasing power? They are not Pear Jam or Bruce Springsteen after all.

Edited by Quadrophobia

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah they haven't played Europe between the last two albums, but since then they have toured here relatively often. For a headline-sized band playing every other year (considering covid) is quite often.

Maybe southern European promoters were not booking them for shows, because of the high ticket prices in relation to local purchasing power? They are not Pear Jam or Bruce Springsteen after all.

Agreed.

ps pear jam is delicious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Tool confirmed Graspop on their website (as only new announcement)... So it seems they're not announcing a full tour today, so I guess no Tool at Primavera news today

It was fun while it lasted! Was at least hoping the rest of the tour (UK dates included) was gonna be today.

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

It was fun while it lasted! Was at least hoping the rest of the tour (UK dates included) was gonna be today.

can't be long though. Graspop probably wanted the limelight of announcing them first, I guess other dates will follow next week the latest.

On second look, it does seem unrealistic that Tool would not be booked at Download, Rock am Ring or Nova Rock, if they were in Europe early June... Seems like Graspop might actually be their first date

Edited by Quadrophobia

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

can't be long though. Graspop probably wanted the limelight of announcing them first, I guess other dates will follow next week the latest.

On second look, it does seem unrealistic that Tool would not be booked at Rock am Ring or Nova Rock, if they were in Europe early June...

Think someone has already said they're not at RAMR dont know about Nova Rock. Don't they both have their line ups out?

19 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Graspop hasn't officially announced Tool, yet.

I haven't checked Tool socials but I guess homepage was too early. Tour is coming in minutes probably.

Edited by Createur

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I mean

I mean this entire discussion was based on some guy on festileaks making a claim with no sources anyways.

Changing their socials the day before an headlining act announce a full tour had most to do with the fact we were considering it to be honest.