Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

16 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Tool is announcing tomorrow, co-ordinated announcement with a PS headline slot.

crazy conspiracy theory map guy Meme Generator - Imgflip

Last year they changed their socials on the 3rd of October and the day after they announced Depeche Mode.

So for huge acts that want to announce their full tour schedule, this idea is not so charlie-crazy as you might think at first.

I can see it happening!

40 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Last year they changed their socials on the 3rd of October and the day after they announced Depeche Mode.

So for huge acts that want to announce their full tour schedule, this idea is not so charlie-crazy as you might think at first.

I can see it happening!

Isn’t Tool a very expensive band to bring? I remember a couple of years ago I wanted to see them and they were super expensive even for the shittiest seats. That’s why I doubt it will be then. Pulp and The Cure seem to be more probable. Sonic Youth, Portishead and MBV are irrealistic. 

Also it could be the teaser for the official lineup announcement, that by logic should be next week after Primavera Weekender ends. 

Edited by festivalguy97
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Isn’t Tool a very expensive band to bring? I remember a couple of years ago I wanted to see them and they were super expensive even for the shittiest seats. That’s why I doubt it will be then. Pulp and The Cure seem to be more probable. Sonic Youth, Portishead and MBV are irrealistic. 

Also it could be the teaser for the official lineup announcement, that by logic should be next week after Primavera Weekender ends. 

For the 5000000th time,

The Cure have no signs of being active in 2024.

Tool might be too expensive and I'm half joking but at least they're active and touring near the festival.

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Why are mbv unrealistic?

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

For the 5000000th time,

Tool might be too expensive and I'm half joking but at least they're active and touring near the festival.

I just don’t want people to get too excited. Maybe there’s nothing coming tomorrow (or this week) and we will just get the full lineup in a couple of weeks. Maybe The Cure are not a possibility (no signs of touring as you mentioned) but Tool seems like an extravagance. And don’t get me wrong, if they do come I’m going to love them it’s just that they seem too expensive for the festival, and I don’t know how would they fit in the lineup. 

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I just don’t want people to get too excited. Maybe there’s nothing coming tomorrow (or this week) and we will just get the full lineup in a couple of weeks. Maybe The Cure are not a possibility (no signs of touring as you mentioned) but Tool seems like an extravagance. And don’t get me wrong, if they do come I’m going to love them it’s just that they seem too expensive for the festival, and I don’t know how would they fit in the lineup. 

Yeah I get that. the always sunny image was me saying i thought it was a crackpot idea.

I would personally prefer the cure to tool.

6 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Is Tool really that more expensive than Blur, The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Miley Cyrus,...?

They are notorious for charging insane prices for merchandise and tickets. If that applies to their booking fees as well is hard to tell, because those have a different dynamic. If you ask for too much, festivals are simply gonna walk away and book someone else.

As Tool are realtively niche for PS, they probably could not ask that much. On the other hand, PS sometimes is willing to pitch in more money than a specific artist might return in ticket sales, if that artists helps solidify their status as genre-bending beacon.

Personally I think Tool are relatively irrelevant outside their core audience and their recent material was relatively weak so they should not be able to ask crazy prices.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

For the 5000000th time,

did we have any indication DM are active before they announced them last year? I don't remember

since Weekeneder is this weekend, teasing the full lineup (or any announcement on the lineup) is a bit weird today, that's why I tend to think it's related to a specific band that they need to align to their announcement rather than the full lineup (without getting to the question if it's Tool or the Cure or any other name)

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

They are notorious for charging insane prices for merchandise and tickets. If that applies to their booking fees as well is hard to tell, because those have a different dynamic. If you ask for too much, festivals are simply gonna walk away and book someone else.

At Rock Werchter a couple of years ago they weren't even a stand-alone headliner. They were co-headlining together with The Cure.

Primavera isn't Rock Werchter budget-wise. But if they can afford those 2 on the same day...

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

did we have any indication DM are active before they announced them last year? I don't remember

since Weekeneder is this weekend, teasing the full lineup (or any announcement on the lineup) is a bit weird today, that's why I tend to think it's related to a specific band that they need to align to their announcement rather than the full lineup (without getting to the question if it's Tool or the Cure or any other name)

DM did put a teaser out i think, it was a press announcement for an event in Germany if I recall.

16 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Is Tool really that more expensive than Blur, The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Miley Cyrus,...?

It’s not that they are more expensive than those, it’s just that I feel that the artists you mentioned can sell more. Cost wise Tool may be not the most expensive, and sure there are many people that want to see them but having Blur or AM or Miles Cyrus or Radiohead brings much more tickets in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

It’s not that they are more expensive than those, it’s just that I feel that the artists you mentioned can sell more. Cost wise Tool may be not the most expensive, and sure there are many people that want to see them but having Blur or AM or Miles Cyrus or Radiohead brings much more tickets in my opinion. 

Agree. Looking at the latest editions' headliners, Tool looks completely out of place to me. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

• Upvote 1