Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

19 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Also, festivals in Germany just announced Avril Lavigne as a headliner. Anyone think she could end up at PS with the current Pop-Punk Revival going strong?

Avril Lavigne would be up there with Calvin Harris for most shocking bookings if they did get her. Maybe even more so. I can't see it personally.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

What about Bad Bunny? Is he too big? He’s been touring both North and South America in the last 2 years so I expect him to come to Europe within the next 2 years. It would be a very good booking for Primavera in monetary therms.

From more commercial names I only see him, Billie Eilish and Karol G as headliners. 

He could easily sell out stadiums in Spain on his own.. but then again, who knows.

And although Romy has just released her solo album, apparently The xx have been in the studio together too. Would love to see them again.

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

What about Bad Bunny? Is he too big? He’s been touring both North and South America in the last 2 years so I expect him to come to Europe within the next 2 years. It would be a very good booking for Primavera in monetary therms.

From more commercial names I only see him, Billie Eilish and Karol G as headliners. 

As a more commercial headliner I could see Travis Scott as well. I think Bad Bunny could do the Saturday Rosalia slot. Do you think Billie Eilish will still be touring? 

I can see The Cure, Pulp, Lana Del Rey, The Chemical Brothers and Boygenius all taking high slots. 

I'm guessing Bad Bunny is too big now. The numbers he does on Spotify are ridiculous - he's right up there with Drake and Taylor Swift atm for context. He's also coming off the back of a Coachella headline slot and a tour with multiple nights in a row in 70k seater stadiums in Latin America.

I'd question why he'd do festivals if he can move that many tickets himself. 

On 9/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, FloorFiller said:

Considering Bad Bunny wasn’t rebooked for 2021/22 after being on the 2020 lineup I think he’s probably gotten too expensive.

Literally, never even heard of a Bad Bunny?... any recommended listening?