Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

On 9/3/2023 at 1:52 AM, emmanuel said:

I had a look and 11 of their 17 songs are the same as Primavera 2017, so it is great that two people here really liked them but I'm sure I see the implication for Primavera? Did they suddenly become better than in the last ten years? I doubt.

Saw them in 2017, at Primavera, was ok. At Cala Mijas was a Blast. f**king amazing 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, livenstu said:

I'm pretty sure this was already discussed but I'm assuming Paramore are 99% 'confirmed'?

hmm wouldn't say that at all, they're a name near the festival but they could just take the day off, doesn't necessarily mean they're playing. Unless i've missed something 

On 9/4/2023 at 8:03 AM, brosch said:

The hotel where I was this year - Vincci Bit, not even 10min walk from Forum, was great - is taking reservations now. 5 nights/2 guests = €1.400. 

Thanks for the heads up on this! I was determined to be within a short walk of the forum next year so have it booked now. It makes such a difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

hmm wouldn't say that at all, they're a name near the festival but they could just take the day off, doesn't necessarily mean they're playing. Unless i've missed something 

Ah ok, well they seem like a perfect fit for the festival & in other European countries they are doing 2 or 3 cities whereas Spain is Madrid only, so seems like a good bet I'd say

• Upvote 1

Any thoughts on Burna Boy or Asake as possible Afrobeats top tier? Also Amaarae and a second chance for Tems? From alternative hip hop what chance Billy Woods or McKinley Dixon? Spanish/Latin names in mix must be Rauw Alejandro, Quevedo, Bizarrap, Kali Uchis and Karol G? And in terms of very oldies, I see The Only Ones, were down to do some gigs recently. No idea really but I like the speculation as we move into autumn.

3 hours ago, Valbork said:

Any thoughts on Burna Boy or Asake as possible Afrobeats top tier? Also Amaarae and a second chance for Tems? From alternative hip hop what chance Billy Woods or McKinley Dixon? Spanish/Latin names in mix must be Rauw Alejandro, Quevedo, Bizarrap, Kali Uchis and Karol G? And in terms of very oldies, I see The Only Ones, were down to do some gigs recently. No idea really but I like the speculation as we move into autumn.

I feel that Karol G might be a big female headliner for one of the days. Very famous name at moment, has some critical acclaim from her last albums and mixtapes and is a very big name in Spanish music that can bring a lot of ticket sales. 

Unless Bad Bunny is willing to come to Primavera (he seems to be too big rn for the festival) I think she will be the big pop star of the festival. 

11 hours ago, Valbork said:

Burna Boy could be likely. Billy Woods, Clipse, Danny Brown x Jpegmafia, Clipping. and Freddie Gibbs come to mind for that level of Hip Hop. I think Rauw Alejandro is a dead cert if he's around Europe at that time because there aren't that many big but not too big (Bad Bunny) names in that genre.

27 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Burna Boy could be likely. Billy Woods, Clipse, Danny Brown x Jpegmafia, Clipping. and Freddie Gibbs come to mind for that level of Hip Hop. I think Rauw Alejandro is a dead cert if he's around Europe at that time because there aren't that many big but not too big (Bad Bunny) names in that genre.

God what a list. Even if we got one or two of those that would be stellar.

1 hour ago, Fabrizzo said:

Sorry but i can't remember why Taylor Swift was unlikely, now that we know PS Madrid won't happen isn't it possible again?

She's just too big for the festival at this point, it'd tip the entire event upside down. During the time she was doing festivals I could see it happening but she's had a huge career resurgence since then (and can earn much more money doing headline dates) so 100% not happening.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Olivia Rodrigo new album is being praised by the critics. Also her new punk rock indie direction seems to fit Primavera a bit more than her previous album, can easily see her or Billie Eilish as a big female headliner of Primavera. 

Olivia Rodrigo punk? I have to give it a listen

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Olivia Rodrigo new album is being praised by the critics. Also her new punk rock indie direction seems to fit Primavera a bit more than her previous album, can easily see her or Billie Eilish as a big female headliner of Primavera. 

I wouldn't say it's that much of a leap from the pop punk stuff on Sour, but I think she is very likely. 

ORod definitely ticks the ‘pop act with indie cred’ box so would make sense for Primavera to get her now before she explodes and becomes too big in the future. Obviously a lot of the older purists will turn up their nose at her, but considering this is the direction Primavera is gonna be going in regardless, she’d be a great get. 

The return of Gabi. Big respect to him for being willing to engage with fans like this. 

"The problem of Arganda is very difficult to solve. Although it may not seem like it, the transport logistics were well designed (or at least that's what I think, we couldn't verify it) but the spaces that were required to load and unload people were flooded due to the rain, so they couldn't get close. to the enclosure because there was a risk of them being left in the mud. These lands are not conditioned and no administration has the intention of undertaking these works. Furthermore, there is an urban planning plan underway and those lands are going to be converted into industrial land and there is no turning back from that. Therefore, if we had continued there it could only have been for a couple of years and we also couldn't run the risk of it raining again. In Madrid on those dates it doesn't usually rain, but... It rained a lot. Too much. And it's not a question of event tickets, nor money. A festival is difficult to start, we have been at this for many years. It is a problem of image, of reputation.
We will return to Madrid the day we have a 100% adequate venue and we are available to the Community to help them design it. But at the moment it is impossible.
The subject of hotels in Bcn is very complicated, but this year it should be a little easier to find a room at a reasonable average price. In 2023 the PS and the Formula 1 Grand Prix coincided. This year possibly with motorcycles, but the demand is much lower.
Concerts are a topic that has been on the table for a long time. That if the festivals, that if the price of the tickets that if blah, blah, blah... The reality is that stadium concerts sell more tickets every day and practically all the big tours sell tickets quickly Sold Out after Sold Out . The audience is very diverse and of different ages.
I believe that the problem of concerts in venues is much more complex. And perhaps all of us professionals who are involved in it should reflect. The venue concert has lost appeal. Nowadays it is more difficult to get people off the couch at home. They have music, series, movies within reach of a click and they have become accustomed to snacking, to consuming in a different way. We must all be able to look for new schedules and new formats. Maybe a concert at 9:00 p.m. with an opening act on a Tuesday is not something that is going to attract a young person today. We would still have to go back to the idea of a club, not that a room programs something one day and later becomes a discotheque and the next day a flamenco tablao. Maybe go back to the idea of a concert venue dedicated to a type of music where you can go regularly and meet friends. Something more social that carries with it a sense of belonging.
What do I know, but what is clear is that it does not work. And the festivals have nothing to do with it (on the contrary, a band that succeeds in a festival makes its tours more profitable) or the price of the ticket. Price tickets for 5 euros and people still don't go.
I don't know, one day I start counting the concerts we've done. I'm sure there are thousands. In other words, I must know something and yet I only know that young people don't go to venues."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

The return of Gabi. Big respect to him for being willing to engage with fans like this. 

"The problem of Arganda is very difficult to solve. Although it may not seem like it, the transport logistics were well designed (or at least that's what I think, we couldn't verify it) but the spaces that were required to load and unload people were flooded due to the rain, so they couldn't get close. to the enclosure because there was a risk of them being left in the mud. These lands are not conditioned and no administration has the intention of undertaking these works. Furthermore, there is an urban planning plan underway and those lands are going to be converted into industrial land and there is no turning back from that. Therefore, if we had continued there it could only have been for a couple of years and we also couldn't run the risk of it raining again. In Madrid on those dates it doesn't usually rain, but... It rained a lot. Too much. And it's not a question of event tickets, nor money. A festival is difficult to start, we have been at this for many years. It is a problem of image, of reputation.
We will return to Madrid the day we have a 100% adequate venue and we are available to the Community to help them design it. But at the moment it is impossible.
The subject of hotels in Bcn is very complicated, but this year it should be a little easier to find a room at a reasonable average price. In 2023 the PS and the Formula 1 Grand Prix coincided. This year possibly with motorcycles, but the demand is much lower.
Concerts are a topic that has been on the table for a long time. That if the festivals, that if the price of the tickets that if blah, blah, blah... The reality is that stadium concerts sell more tickets every day and practically all the big tours sell tickets quickly Sold Out after Sold Out . The audience is very diverse and of different ages.
I believe that the problem of concerts in venues is much more complex. And perhaps all of us professionals who are involved in it should reflect. The venue concert has lost appeal. Nowadays it is more difficult to get people off the couch at home. They have music, series, movies within reach of a click and they have become accustomed to snacking, to consuming in a different way. We must all be able to look for new schedules and new formats. Maybe a concert at 9:00 p.m. with an opening act on a Tuesday is not something that is going to attract a young person today. We would still have to go back to the idea of a club, not that a room programs something one day and later becomes a discotheque and the next day a flamenco tablao. Maybe go back to the idea of a concert venue dedicated to a type of music where you can go regularly and meet friends. Something more social that carries with it a sense of belonging.
What do I know, but what is clear is that it does not work. And the festivals have nothing to do with it (on the contrary, a band that succeeds in a festival makes its tours more profitable) or the price of the ticket. Price tickets for 5 euros and people still don't go.
I don't know, one day I start counting the concerts we've done. I'm sure there are thousands. In other words, I must know something and yet I only know that young people don't go to venues."

Where did he give this interview?