Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

22 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

When it comes to guest appearances, I’d really like to know how much the Billy woods set will become an Armand hammer set, since diabetic test strips is my favourite of all woods’ output 

surely not much point in this given Armand Hammer are playing their own set two days before?

57 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

When it comes to guest appearances, I’d really like to know how much the Billy woods set will become an Armand hammer set, since diabetic test strips is my favourite of all woods’ output 

I saw BIlly Woods & Kenny Segal last year and Elucid showed up for a guest appearance to do a couple of Armand Hammer songs, so it's definitely possible.

I' de be happy to see half of this:

Thursday 30st May                                                                                       

16:30 - 17:30★Ángeles, Víctor, Gloria & JavierAuditori Rockdelux                                                                                          

18:05 - 18:50★VoxtrotPlenitude                                                                                           

18:30 - 19:30★William Basinski: Disintegration LoopsAuditori Rockdelux                                                                                           

18:55 - 19:40★Arab StrapCupra                                                                                             

19:45 - 20:45★Mannequin PussyPlenitude                                                                                      

21:00 - 22:00★Amyl and the SniffersSantander                                                                              

22:15 - 23:45★Vampire WeekendEstrella Damm                                                                                           

23:00 - 00:00★Beth GibbonsCupra                                                                                       

23:55 - 01:10★DeftonesAmazon Music                                                                              

00:00 - 01:35★PulpSantander                                                                                 

01:45 - 03:00★JusticeEstrella Damm                                                                                    

03:20 - 04:20★WiegedoodSteve Albini                                                                               

04:20 - 05:35★A. G. CookPull&Bear                                                                                     

Friday 31st May                                                                                             

16:30 - 17:30★Charlemagne PalestineAuditori Rockdelux                                                                                         

18:55 - 19:40★ScowlSteve Albini                                                                                           

19:45 - 20:45★DogstarPlenitude                                                                                           

20:50 - 21:50★BADBADNOTGOODCupra                                                                                           

22:00 - 22:30★They Hate Change liveBoiler Room x Cupra                                                                                        

22:55 - 00:05★Jai PaulCupra                                                                                    

23:30 - 01:30★The NationalSantander                                                                                

01:15 - 02:15★BrutusSteve Albini                                                                                         

02:05 - 03:05★Mount KimbiePull&Bear                                                                              

03:10 - 04:20★ArcaAmazon Music                                                                                        

04:25 - 05:10★Sega BodegaPull&Bear                                                                                

Saturday 1st June                                                                                         

16:30 — 17:25   Nala Sinephro Auditori Rockdelux                                                                                        

17:15 - 17:55★Sophia Chablau e Uma Enorme Perda de TempoCupra                                                                                 

17:30 - 18:30★The Lemon TwigsEstrella Damm                                                                              

18:45 - 19:30★Royel OtisSantander                                                                                     

18:50 - 19:45★Militarie GunPull&Bear                                                                               

19:30 - 20:30★Wolf EyesAuditori Rockdelux                                                                                    

20:45 - 22:00★PJ HarveySantander                                                                                     

21:20 - 22:35★ShabakaAuditori Rockdelux                                                                                       

22:00 - 23:00★Phew liveWAREHOUSE X DICE X HVN                                                                                    

23:00 - 00:00★Bikini KillPull&Bear                                                                                        

00:10 - 01:10★Mandy, IndianaPlenitude                                                                                           

00:40 - 01:40★Monolake liveWAREHOUSE X DICE X HVN                                                                                           

01:15 - 02:15★ATARASHII GAKKO!!!Cupra                                                                                        

01:30 - 03:00★Roísín MurphyEstrella Damm                                                                                    

02:20 - 03:20★Model/ActrizPlenitude                                                                                

04:30 - 06:00★Teki Latex                                                     

51 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

food/drinks question for the Barna residents... Is the Mexican place Tope on the top of the Hoxton hotel any good?

The pizza place at the bottom is pretty good. Chicago style pizza. Four Corners is the name. Haven’t been to the taco place.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ibo said:

How likely do you reckon tickets will be available again for the Wednesday night on access ticket ? I’m after 1 ticket for ‘Desire’ at apolo 2 

Closer to the time i would expect some returns on accessticket and / or dice. But it is only 400 capacity.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

RE: Unexpected Primavera

wasn't there some sort of confirmation at some point that something in the framework of unexpected Primavera would happen? Or did i dream that?

Be surprised if they’ve any budget for this based on the twigs debacle

21 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

RE: Unexpected Primavera

wasn't there some sort of confirmation at some point that something in the framework of unexpected Primavera would happen? Or did i dream that?

I can't remember tbh, I think they said something like some surprises but then I think they say this every year and actually the trend has been towards fewer bonus things over recent years.

47 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I can't remember tbh, I think they said something like some surprises but then I think they say this every year and actually the trend has been towards fewer bonus things over recent years.

It'll probably be something like Troye Sivan popping up during Charli XCX's set and Ezra from Vampire Weekend coming out for Phoenix...

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

It'll probably be something like Troye Sivan popping up during Charli XCX's set and Ezra from Vampire Weekend coming out for Phoenix...

Or a second set from an act already on the line up. New and unexpected to the punters, but long booked and included in the budget. 

Maybe Lankum doing a second show due to the capacity at the Auditori, or a DJ set for Barry Can't Swim a day after his live show. 

Those are complete punts, not based on any info, and I haven't checked touring schedules, just in case anyone thinks I'm onto something! 

5 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Or a second set from an act already on the line up. New and unexpected to the punters, but long booked and included in the budget. 

Maybe Lankum doing a second show due to the capacity at the Auditori, or a DJ set for Barry Can't Swim a day after his live show. 

Those are complete punts, not based on any info, and I haven't checked touring schedules, just in case anyone thinks I'm onto something! 

I think the old trend was to add surprise second shows (and indeed new last minute bands).

More recently they seem to think that on stage collaborations are enough to constitute a surprise.

Bit of a downgrade really and don’t get me started on the cancellation of all the afternoon park gigs!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, username666 said:

I doubt they’ve got much money for surprises after the Madrid f**k-up last year. That must have cost them a lot. 

Good point, since they couldn't even beat the competition from BBK for Massive Attack

I think there's no chance of proper surprises. The fact that they couldn't pull of the Fred Again, Skrillex and Four Tet B2B2B even with them all there on the same day and having done that set already at other festivals tells you what you need to know.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1